19 Replies Latest reply: Aug 1, 2012 2:18 PM by codbig_boss RSS

Just a survey: Who takes this game seriously?

• Re: Just a survey: Who takes this game seriously?

no i play for fun .

MoNsTeR_zAcH

Too much bull to take seriously

MW3 XBOX, I got it as a gift. The solo games are great. The Campaign however is a great disappointment to me. You battle for hours and hours only to find out it is not completable. I've been at it since it first came out. There is no way a player can get to the chopper at the end fast enough. It doesn't work. The helo leaves before you are half way there. No matter how fast you run or what route you use. Yeah I've seen videos of it happening. But, that's not the way the game really works. Very disappointing.

Terry Smith

RPBGFOX

WKMMS

RPBGFOX wrote:

There is no way a player can get to the chopper at the end fast enough. It doesn't work. The helo leaves before you are half way there. No matter how fast you run or what route you use. Yeah I've seen videos of it happening. But, that's not the way the game really works.

You need to make faster work of the enemies to give yourself enough time to make it to the chopper.  Sounds like you've got a checkpoint where you're never going to be able to finish from.  Maybe restart the level and rush a bit harder.  I did it first time with no problems.

I take it seriously on competition days or when I'm on a decent winstreak but after my moaning last night I woke and posted this on my facebook page

"Next time a get pissed at folk on cod am just gonna...

cause after all, its only a game"

So next time I get a little angry I'm just going to remember this song and let it be.

I play for fun but like to win there is no joy in getting slapped about trying to cap flags while my team sits in windows and dont even watch your back while you cap dom is now the worst game mode to play it so frustrating i used to love dom and would play it all the time i was on

KTPhoenix

first, i dont ever take this game seriously. i play just for fun. for example, i tube and use weapons people consider to be "noobish" and "OP" (not all the time, only if i feel like it).

if you REALLY want to know how many people take this game seriously, i would suggest playing online and writing down every GT that complains. but the only problem with that is, it would take too long and this is only the 360, you still have to remember the PS3 and PC people as well. there are millions that play this game online across 3 platforms and MOST of them take this game too seriously.

nicedrewishfela

I play for fun. When the game came first came out I had great success with it. I had to move to a new state for work, so was off for about a month after the holidays. When I got to my new place and got my internet set up and hooked my XBox to a new, much bigger TV, I found that I was struggling mightily with the game. I Couldn't seem to get my aim right with the new setup. Instead of taking some time off, I kept playing and destroyed my stats in the process. I found myself raging every game, which made me just play worse. I finally took the disc out and played other games for a bit until I got the feel for the new setup. I played MW3 off and on for a while, and began having some success again. After another break from the game, I came back to it a few weeks ago deciding I was just going to play for fun, and if I wasn't enjoying myself, I simply would not play.

Life's too short to take this game too seriously.

I play for fun, but I like the competition of the game. That's what it's based around, competing. But in game modes like KConfirm and Dom, the spawns are so god awful that running around the map to get kills is rendered useless. So I, more often than not, am playing SnD. I'm like, 8,000th on the lobby leaderboards, but even in that game mode I constantly find myself upset at team mates or opposition who simply strip the competitiveness from the round.

i.e; a teammate who just sits in spawn with the bomb, staring at a wall. Or joins the game, picks a class, and doesn't move. Why join the game? Why play search and destroy, of all game modes, if you want to riot shield, or play dead at spawn?

Just the other day I joined a lobby and the entire other team (albeit a clan) were using riot shields, portable radars, and c4. In Search and Destroy it's not a hard task to win against a group of people like that, which we did, and it in no way could've been fun for those guys. Why even do it? I'd rather the whole clan use silenced ACRs or something super OP so that I actually have a tough time trying to beat them, so that I can compete and see who's got more skill. Instead we 4-0'd em.

I like to have fun when I play mw3, if it doesn't lag too terribly, but some people do noobish things that take the fun away.

I'll admit there are times that this games' BS gets to me.

I'll get mad, I'll rage, and I'm embarrassed by it.

Most of the time I try to stay cool, laugh at things and enjoy myself.

Jimmienoman

I only take any seriousness in this game when I am playing friends in private matches for bragging rights. We rag on eachother non stop, so being on the losing side isn't always the most fun.

Now comes what the definition of serious you use. If you mean concentrate harder to do good vs just running around, then I am serious at times.

If you mean it affecting my life, then no I'm not serious at all as its only a game.

only idiots take this game serious via my 7 yr old son. ex my son kick this boy behind on a match. He got upset and started cursing at my son calling him a noob. and a cheater. saying he need a job and need to do something with his when hes only 7 years. People like that guy take the game serious which mean you have no life. Forever alone

codchamp

I am a super try hard and i take it seriously. Even my panties say try hard on the front and umadbro on the rear. I play to win and i play to kill. A loss is not acceptable and niether is anything less than a 2.00

altereqo

I just like to run around and get some quick games in. If I start getting frustrated due to lag or whatever I just play something else. The only way to take it seriously is in a comp on a LAN where there is no lag and money is at stake.

oooCHRISPYooo

I play for fun but I do try hard to win. I enter alot of lone wolf & clan ops just to make it more entertaing for myself.

codbig_boss

I do. I hate losing and dying