32 Replies Latest reply: Aug 7, 2012 10:09 AM by xBIGEVILx RSS

m16 still sucks

banned-again

im not sure if im just going through a bad patch or its just not the gun for me but i swear down that gun is just as bad as its always been in mw3, its still taking 2-3 bursts to kill except for the odd 1 burst kill which is few and far between.

ive painfully unlocked every attachment and proficiency for it and tried every combintaion and cant find one setup that works well the closest i got was silncer with rapid fire if anyone has any tips on how to use the piece of sh*t id be gratefull

• Re: m16 still sucks

I golded it and whipped it out after the patch and I can say it's definitely better...try using rapid fire and RDS. Rapid fire is obviously very good and RDS helps with precise takedowns because its iron sights suck. Stalker is a must for me on my M16 class.

banned-again

im starting to wonder if my xbox even got the patch/hotfix because other people are dropping me in one burst every time id have more luck getting kills if i could throw it at people

the gun is okay, i also use rapid fire and RDS..

its a fun game, but not a gun ill pull out to try and do well with.

the 3 round burst are not as good being that mw3 maps are so small and those kind of guns work best when your not so close to the enemy, the space between the bursts get you killed

i use it on the larger maps , with longer sight lines i would not even try to pull it out on dome or decommision for example , its replaced the type for my something diffrent class , i dont mind the irons and rapid fire , just got kick on it . what prof do you use , or can anybody recomend a prof for it ?

banned-again

ive tried every attachment and prof on it maybes its just not the gun for me to be honest ive never really liked burst fire guns i think il get the last 60 odd kills to get up to a 1000 kills for the vet challenge then thats it its getting shelved again

BigshowPatrick

I agree. After using the gun post-hotfix I find it is better but ONLY in certain circumstances. Unfortunately there are still many other guns that outclass the M16.

If it was only like its MW2 counterpart.

that6uy420

not sure where you are going wrong with it but I had it done within the day.  I'm loving it right now.. it's a freaking lazer!

ValleyYeti

i have found it much better.  I am one burst killing from close to medium range even with a silencer.  at range with the silencer it takes two bursts max.  I don't know how it isn't working the same for you guys.  i actually prefer it to the type 95 now.  not for close maps like dome, mission, or arkaden but I have been destroying on village with it.  also love the FAD.  if you pulse fire with it, it goes a long way with the starting ammo.

that6uy420

yeah, I use it for almost every map.. there are still a few where I find it better to use a smg but for the most part... it's more about how it feels each game wether or not I will continue to use the m16 for the match.

zvers

"arkaden" Ahhh, try getting onto the 'camp ledge' with the m16 and you will see that this 'perch' is perfect for the M16.

I agree, the FAD is unbelievable now but remember to burst fire at med to long range. Full auto close isn't bad.

CowboySr

Its better, but I agree, it still sucks. Sometimes I get a 1 burst kill. But most of the time, it just misses even though youre right on a guy.

It's the best gun in the game by far. Always has been, always will be.

Thedestoyer

I've been using it the last day or so and I must disagree.

dstr001

Speak for yourself OP; been using it since before the buff, and always thought it was usable, if a bit unreliable. Now? The thing is almost on par with the type 95 IMO; just stick on rapid fire and a sight and voila, been getting one burst kills ever since the update.

A bit of advice OP, just because a weapon takes a bit of skill to get used to, doesn't make it a bad gun by any means; that simply separates the good players from the bad.

To the OP watch how wings of redemption uses it....

Bassically use impact and an acog or hybrd site and headglitch. Make sure to have blast shield. Go to my vault and watch the 39-6 game I got with the m16 last night on arkaden if you want to see how I use it. (I have a 3.5 KD)

To be honest and at the risk of sounding like a complete hipster, I'm happy to hear that you can't get the hang of the M16. The less people that use that gun the happier I will be. I say that because I never stopped using the M16 and I want it all for myself. I've managed to be successful with it before the hotfix and for now I get to show off my gold skulls title.

If you stick with the gun you will get used to the three round burst and everything will be fine. It just takes some time for someone that isn't accustomed to burst fire weapons.

Good luck and I hope you stop using the M16

Ungrateful_Dead

The M16 went from below average to average on the previous buff.  I actually preferred it then to the Type 95 for the way it handled at distance (medium-in the Type was still much better).  Now the M16 is above average and in the hands of someone with good accuracy it can be excellent. 

I am an average player with poor accuracy and I still manage to do OK with the M16, when we are playing on a decent connection.  If you are experiencing difficulty with lag/lag compensation effects, any semi-auto or burst fire weapon is going to be challenging.

So I haul it out when Village comes up in the rotation, and let the game decide if I keep using it.  Too much lag?  FAD with silencer/RDS is a good option now.

Oh no people ain't killing everyone with 1 burst lol so they're moaning already lol

When I use the it's ok, I prefer the type tho as I'm used to the sights.

@twenty620 most still won't use it like most won't use a t95 because they can't point and shoot to good lol they spray and drag

Both the M16 and Type 95 require good aiming. Heck, after a bit you should be able to drag within one burst to get all three hitmarkers.

The problem I see between the M16 and the Type 95... is that the Type can regularly kill in one burst. The M16, however, CAN kill in one burst, but not as regularly. Getting all three hitmarkers to hit with the M16, especially with the lag, is a pain.

I don't have all the stats at hand, but I think the thing people are complaining about is the fact that you can get all three hits with the Type quicker than the M16.

Now I understand there are differences between the guns, but it seems to me that people are thinking that 'balanced' should mean 'same'.

Until they get the Type 95 disguised as the M16, I don't think they will be happy.

northbridge

the M16 is my second most used gun in this game. I actually liked it more than the 95 before the buff. I had no idea anything changed until today, but I havent been playing much.