1 238 239 240 241 242 Previous Next 6,020 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2013 12:07 AM by kastro187420 Go to original post RSS
  • 2,390. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

I agree that some people abused the fixed spawns and they are complete d-bags, but this is terrible. Its like a TDM or FFA spawn and it don't work for Demo. I spawn, walk a few feet and an enemy spawns where I just did?? Not fair at all... Demo is about an attacking side and defending side, right? Shouldn't spawns be fixed? Its just the way the game mode is/should be. If you don't like getting trapped, don't play Demo. I think by playing Demo, you accept the chance that it could happen. As crappy as it is to be trapped, its the nature of Demo IMO.

I would much rather take the chance of being spawn trapped than this spawning. You need to have SOME skill to play and to avoid it. The way it is now, its like the game thinks, Having problems with those pesky attackers? Don't worry, we will spawn them on the opposite side of the map for no reason and let you spawn right on the bomb site! Just hold x to plant! Never should an attacker spawn on the bomb site... Never. Many of time have we lost a round because of this spawn system.

• 2,391. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

TDM spawning is ridiculous.

You always get taken down the back isle. So annoying.

Can't wait to get my headset next week, which hopefully will stop this happening as much.

• 2,392. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

Cool, thanks for clearing my question up Ghandi. That should definitely help with the fragmented problems. If I do play with DLC I'll just make sure I have everything downloaded so I'm not in some strange dark place with scary folk with only one piece of DLC.

• 2,393. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    G IH A IN ID II

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

maccabi wrote:

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

Hello everyone,

Candice has just posted the TU details to the featured update sticky.

I'd like to clarify a few things.

Firstly, as I always say please give a TU or a hot-fix time to propagate. Lag and performance are heavily influenced by the matches that you make. It takes time for everyone to download a TU or receive a hot-fix. Not everybody plays the game daily, for example. What this means is that over time more people near to you will play and be updated. Your likelihood of finding a low ping match increases statistically as this happens.

The same changes that people were saying improved connectivity in TDM were pushed to all playlists at 9pm PST on Friday. This is only a few days ago.

The match making improvement which ensures that those who were effectively IP lookup 'homeless' was included in the TU that went live at roughly 3.30am this morning. This should improve local match making for those affected by this symptom. Those for whom this is a problem changes over time constantly as the world's ISP providers move and update backend components. We regularly update our database of IP addresses but some parts of the Internet are always in flux from a registration standpoint. This TU resolves this.

The issue with Terminal is currently scheduled to be resolved tomorrow morning PST. This has impacted match making and game quality for many. It will now become a mandatory download so as not to fragment the playing population that has not purchased DLC. It will also mean that those players who chose to select Original Maps Only will match make with this entire population again, not those who haven't yet downloaded Terminal; a small minority.

I'd also like to mention that those who are deleting certain maps or not downloading ALL content to which they are entitled, including Spec-Ops missions, Face-Off maps and so on are placing themselves in orphaned, fractured pools. Once the Terminal fix props tomorrow please ensure you are not in this condition.

Lastly, can I once again please request that we call a time out on the nerf/buff debates in this forum so that posts like this and reports of bugs like that concerning the M-16 fire rate are not missed in the deluge of opinion.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

Ghandi can I just clarify a couple of points (if you're able to say)

matchmaking  now uses 1st party account location when the there's no dml data available does this also apply to the party leader system that was introduced a while back? and is this flexible as I would assume in most cases (especially parties going off party leader data) using the 1st party acc data is going to place players in what they ASSUME is localised matchmaking as theres more chance of being m=placed into a session within thier own region (im thinking uk/euro players here)

second question... can you just clarify would not downloading the new chaos mode dlc orphan me into a smaller pool even though its not really multiplayer? as i really have no interest in dl'ing any spec ops/survival stuff

On point 1 you are correct, it also applies to the party leader system. If a party leader was 'homeless' before they will now be placed in the country as defined on their system.

On point 2 I'll need to verify the fact but I believe that on Xbox you will be placed in the 'You are playing on Original Maps only. Please download all content to which you are entitled from the STORE.' red text state unless you download all content as a DLC purchaser.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

Update: On point two we just made a change so that it only gates based on MP content. In other words you need all MP maps including Face-Off. Spec-Ops content is not required to be deemed up to date from an MP perspective.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

• 2,394. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    Nubdub

I have to agree, it is defintely playing better. Even though I still get occationally instakilled, hit registration is 100% now. Used to be only about 50% of my bullets registered and that was on a good day. Thank you for fixing it.

• 2,395. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

Hello, I have been getting awful disconnection problems lately.

1. "Server connection timed out" - Usually after every game

2. "Unable to connect to host" - When I try joining friends' game/party

3. "Disconnected due to a Transmission Error"- When I get into a friends party, and we try to get into a game

4. "We did not hear back from the party host in time, so we'll remain party host." - When I try to make one of my friends host/ when my friends try to make me host

5. "One of our party members lost connection, so we followed them back to the party" - The message I get/ My friends get when someone gets "Disconnected due to a Transmission Error"

6. "Lost connection to host" - This one rarely happens, but it's usually when I'm playing solo, and I "Lag out".

7. "Host migration aborted, no good host available" - During 50% of Host Migrations

I have been getting all of these errors, AT LEAST once a day. Mostly the "Unable to connect to host".

It takes me several minutes to join a party with my friends, just to find out that I just lost connection to my friends, again.

It's not my internet's problem, because all my friends get this problem too.

After every game, guess what message I typically get? "Server connection timed out". Why am I not suprised by seeing this message? Because, it's an endless cycle: Join friends party after 5 minutes of trying, play a game, get one of the 7 errors above, try again.

These problems are annoying, frustrating, and time wasting, and I'm sure most of you players out there are getting these problems too. I hope IW can fix these problems, soon.

Other information:

Internet speed Down/Up: 6/1

ISP: AT&T

Friends Speeds: Nothing lower than 6mbps, some have up to 15

Platform: PS3

NAT: Moderate

Connection Type: Wireless

Ping: Averaged at 75

I'm usually the one that gets the Transmission Error.

• 2,396. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    G IH A IN ID II

Mmacola1 wrote:

Sorry, but could you clarify on that?

I thought if you had DLC, you would only join games (solo) with players that have those specific maps. For example, when I choose to play Original + DLC maps, I consistenly join up U.S lobbies (I live in Brazil). When I choose to play on Original only maps, I get into Brazil lobbies as well. It is known to me that this game isn't as popular in Brazil as in other countries, so I imagine DLC are even less popular around here.

So, I thought that if I download a new map from Elite, I would only play with those that already have this specifically map. Is that not the case?

Thanks

Other than when we distribute free content for everyone the maps in the main playlist rotation do not change for Elite Premium players until the corresponding DLC collection drops. Until this point you will be able to play your new maps in the Elite playlist with others that have a matching set. Every single Elite drop doesn't fragment the pools.

I hope this makes sense.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

• 2,397. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    Nubdub

I would have to say having a moderate nat could cause all of the problems you listed. Try entering your router and turning on the DMZ for the IP address of your PS3. You can PM me if you have any questions.

• 2,398. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

Ok, thanks Nubdub

• 2,399. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    ChestSplittah

ryanphillips wrote:

Hello, I have been getting awful disconnection problems lately.

1. "Server connection timed out" - Usually after every game

2. "Unable to connect to host" - When I try joining friends' game/party

3. "Disconnected due to a Transmission Error"- When I get into a friends party, and we try to get into a game

4. "We did not hear back from the party host in time, so we'll remain party host." - When I try to make one of my friends host/ when my friends try to make me host

5. "One of our party members lost connection, so we followed them back to the party" - The message I get/ My friends get when someone gets "Disconnected due to a Transmission Error"

6. "Lost connection to host" - This one rarely happens, but it's usually when I'm playing solo, and I "Lag out".

7. "Host migration aborted, no good host available" - During 50% of Host Migrations

I have been getting all of these errors, AT LEAST once a day. Mostly the "Unable to connect to host".

It takes me several minutes to join a party with my friends, just to find out that I just lost connection to my friends, again.

It's not my internet's problem, because all my friends get this problem too.

After every game, guess what message I typically get? "Server connection timed out". Why am I not suprised by seeing this message? Because, it's an endless cycle: Join friends party after 5 minutes of trying, play a game, get one of the 7 errors above, try again.

These problems are annoying, frustrating, and time wasting, and I'm sure most of you players out there are getting these problems too. I hope IW can fix these problems, soon.

Other information:

Internet speed Down/Up: 6/1

ISP: AT&T

Friends Speeds: Nothing lower than 6mbps, some have up to 15

Platform: PS3

NAT: Moderate

Connection Type: Wireless

Ping: Averaged at 75

I'm usually the one that gets the Transmission Error.

AT&T Wireless is a horrible setup to have. I've never known anyone to have a decent time consistently with it. Even in MW2.