18 Replies Latest reply: Aug 7, 2012 9:25 PM by Kingjames79 RSS

Just have fun

KAM0916

I don't know why people take this game so seriously. Who cares about fictional stats that mean nothing in the real world. I gave up on these stats because you have to realise its just a game. I don't care if people think the guns I am using are noobish or if I'm trash because I have a low kdr. I bought this game for fun therefore why not? Now using whatever I want and I don't care if people think the guns are trash. My question to them is why don't you just have fun and not take this game so seriously?    RANT OVER

• Re: Just have fun

I really hate it when people start talking trash... I just toggle mute them lol. But i guess some people live to play or just hotheads. It really makes the game unenjoyable sometimes though. Its like you killed their dog or something. Also could just be game strategy , but its a sucky one lol I feel you!

BanHaMMer

I tried a different class once in a ranked game and was experimenting with the FAD. I went positve, but got a PM "YOU SUCK". go figure

I didn't reply, just felt WTF where did that come from?

Stephen_0u5

Yeah I unlocked the fad when I first prestiged and used it for a long while, but have stopped for the most part. It's been a week since I played but I think I still have one on my overkill class with a shotgun. NOt sure if I wanna still use it, kinda been hit and miss with it latley.

Ungrateful_Dead

Definitely try it again.  Your story is a lot like mine and I have kicked myself for wasting a token on the FAD when it was so inconsistent.  Post August buff, the consensus is that this gun is finally up there with the better ARs.

monkeylord

Agreed MW3 can provide hours of fun when approached with the right attitude I love playing alongside my mrs who you can always bring you back to the reality of it just being a video game when even after a couple of BS deaths on the trot will still shout out "Wooot wooot" when her betty gets someone.

duderew

First of all, good for you that you don't care about stats or performance or whatever, and just play the game to have fun.  I personally have no problem with that, and I couldn't care less about how "good" you are at the game...

That said, you shouldn't have a problem with people who DO pay attention to their stats either. It's called being competitive and it's not a bad thing.  I'm spending days of my life playing this this game.  When you think about it, it's actually super repetitive.  So it makes sense that one of the main reasons I play, is to improve. I want to see my k/d ratio go up...  I want to see my w/l ratio go up...  Etc etc... 

I mean it's like saying, "Why do casual basketball players, or chess players, or golfers or whatever try to win games and improve upon their individual numbers?  It doesn't mean anything in real life after all".  It's competitiveness and it's self improvement.  Yes it's just a video game that has very few implications in real life, but you could say that about a whole lot of things in life?

I mean, if your issue is entirely the fact that you don't like people talking trash to you when you're not "trying" or whatever, then that's fine.  But if you're complaining in general about people who strive to get better at the game...  then I think it might be time to reexamine some elements of your personal constitution there. 

OffTheEdge

I love to win but really who doesn't? But .... Thats not as important as having fun!  I have been playing COD since the very first one (on PC) and not untill I bought Black Ops on PS3 have I ever heard so much trash talk! I don't care about my stats, I mean yes I like to go positive but if I don't, no biggie. I have had more than one message calling me everything you could imagine. I had one guy get so mad because I took his gun and camp spot and wore his azz out he actually started sending me messages with serious threats!  I wasn't too worried ... He probably couldn't get permission from mommy to come after me anyway lol

LOL too funny OffTheEdge . I get that all the time too and its usually in the middle of the match I feel like saying to them why dont you play the game instead of messaging me trash.. I agree on both accounts, I love to win but if i dont then better luck next time!! Its a good laugh once and awhile

Naatani

I am all about the challenges while I play.  I get alot of satisfaction out of filling up all the challenges for the weapons, and prestiging just to come back and fill them up again. Some of them are contrary to my playing style so I die alot as well.   Sniping and prone shots for me demand camping,  so I camp.  When all is said and done I have had fun though.

i play mw3 for fun i could careless about my stats it fun mess other people stats till they rage quit

Out

If you have a high KD or Win Ratio,  that is fine, I want to raise my KD ration and constantly look for ways to get better, ... BUT one thing i will not do is trash talk another player, no matter how good or bad they may be .......EVERYONE sucked at these games at one time most when they started playing it for the first time..... So trash talking is cheap ..... I think the stats do cause a lot of this,  ... That is where the mute feature is handy. just mute them or block them all together... just dont fall victim to the trash talk and try not to out do the trash talker by talking trash back, he or she probally has a comeback for whatever you are going to say.....but when you say nothing .....they have less and less to say ......My Normal response to them is now ...."Have a good day Idiot you are now muted"  ..... sometimes i dont mute them and just listen the trash talk stops if they think i cant hear it  LOL

Find People and Clans that you fit in with......... Our clan has Members who have high KDs and LOW KDs  ...... as the clan leader i tell them the one thing i will not allow is trash talking other clan members or other players in general,  do so and you will get kicked from the clan no matter how good you are ........ and i have booted a few out for this.....

What's your clan name Out?

Out

OutKast

I am going to look you up Is it just outkast? Whats the lvl ..

Out

Yes Clan Name is  OutKast

My Gamer name is   Outkast-Dlow

we have 21 members in our clan,

clan level is 28, will be 29 after todays clan challenge is over

The only thing we require is you have a mic or headset,  and you must meet the core group of our clan, ... we do this just to make sure you are going to fit in with us ..... We are 95% from the south, all country boys or i should say men and women,  sonce we range in age from the mid 30s to 50 .....we do have a couple of early 20  members ...... we dont trash talk .......we will defend ourselves tho at times...LOL,  but our goal in the clan is have fun, joke around and level up

I've always played COD games for fun, not too bothered about stats that much.

I do like to win games and go positive but I've always played solo, and it's quite hard to go positive on wins and K/D ratio when everybody on my team runs off in different directions, lol. Especially when facing clans or parties who are well organised. I usually back out of lobbies with parties or clans before game starts now.

If everyone is fed up of trash talk just mute them. I do in every game.

If fed up of getting messages just go into account settings on PS3 and alter settings to recieve messages from friends only. That's what I did when I used to get game invites from strangers on BLOPS. Nobody can ever message me now. Less stress. lol.

ots_dj3nvy

We are all humans and competitive, its natural. Some play for pure enjoyment while others play for that competitive feel and feel that they have to improve to get enjoyment. .