37 Replies Latest reply: Sep 22, 2012 4:02 PM by a.d.p.alien RSS

What do you think BLK OPS II multi player will be ?

a.d.p.alien

A big major dissapointment? Or perhaps a great success for us the players , because we all know  Acti vision they gonna make millions , no matter what it is.

• Re: What do you think BLK OPS II multi player will be ?
    iloveshotguns

Dunno, we'll see in august

wierd worlds are these

a.d.p.alien wrote:

A big major dissapointment? Or perhaps a great success for us the players , because we all know  Acti vision they gonna make millions , no matter what it is.

It is going to be a joke.

1st of all they have confirmed that there is going to be no anti cheat software on the game, because let's face it VAC is as good as having no anti cheat software then apparently it is going to have Treyarchs own anti cheat system which they have made themselves which again lets face it, considering how poor the optimisation was on Black Op's and how little the developers and Activision think of the pc users I know already that it's going to fail.

I will buy the game but my clan has already said basically they are not going to buy it simply because they would rather play a decent game which is Battlefield 3 and Medal Of Honor when it comes out.

I think its gonna be similiar to mw3 ....but I hope that the multiplayer is like BO1...with the serverlists...and not like mw3....

My guess is that in the first few months there are going to be alot of balance issues and in the following months hackers are going to start invading. I really enjoy cod games but hackers just ruin it.

[pde]paulkersey

It's funny when someone says "You haven't even played the game yet. How do you know?" Cmon. We all know CoD by 2015 now. We know when they list the same things year after year we already know whats up. By now, we should be aware of the hype and catch phrases.

I saw it in Black Ops with the "Dedicated Servers" T-Shirts. No one knew they were getting hold-your-hand gimped servers. Then MW3 with how dedicated servers would be like CoD4. They didn't tell us what they really meant by that statement until October. it's always October when they finally drop it on us what they couldn't earlier although they knew what it was the entire time.

Every October, we get hit with the real agenda and end up disappointed. Some of us want to believe so hard that we waste that $60 anyway, just to come back in two months with a stack of complaints and disappointment. There's some of you doing the same in some of the post I've read out there. I remember a user by the name of 'I'm420Man'. He has his chest poked out defending the hell out of Black Ops. He was even going so hard in the forums he could've been moderator how hard he worked. It took him about 5 months maybe and he finally had to come to reality. He wrote Treyarch a hell of a letter that day.

I'm not putting all of the blame on the devs either, but the PC community doesn't ask for a lot since we have already had the majority of those things in the past to begin with, and we can't even get that. I haven't played Black Ops II yet and this is what it's gonna be like for PC users. I can't speak for Xbox.

My guts is telling me that's is gona  be a 75% of dissapointment, because everytime  a new COD game comes out.  They are allways expecting the same old things since CODWAW and CODMW4

Primary Weapon

Secondary Weapon

Granade

Tactical

Perk1

Perk2

Perk3

Killstreak

(deathstreak)

But with this new COD game that will change(10 point system) Some COD player are allready use to the old mode, that they migth not find being comfome with the new one.But lets not forget Zombies , that theres no way there gonna screw that up. 

The_Bolt_Action_Man

This year I'm not getting my hopes up I was disppointed with black ops and also with mw3 I'm waiting for reviews and gameplay trailers before I jump to any conclusions.

midago73

After the disaster of mw 3 and prior to that mw 2, i refuse to buy another iw/sh effort again regardless of what they give us.   Black ops was fun for a while but nobody was buying the dlc.  This is bo 2 first mistake trying to blackmail a community with a free map on launch, already the community will be divided at launch because of the faith that has been lost the previous cod efforts.  It is good that they are giving ranked dedicated servers, but to what extent, and also we know very li8ttle about this propriotary anti cheat thing they have in the works.  I hope it will be good, i have preordered, but only because my faith in treyarch is that much more than iw/sh. 

midago73

After the disaster of mw 3 and prior to that mw 2, i refuse to buy another iw/sh effort again regardless of what they give us.   Black ops was fun for a while but nobody was buying the dlc.  This is bo 2 first mistake trying to blackmail a community with a free map on launch, already the community will be divided at launch because of the faith that has been lost the previous cod efforts.  It is good that they are giving ranked dedicated servers, but to what extent, and also we know very li8ttle about this propriotary anti cheat thing they have in the works.  I hope it will be good, i have preordered, but only because my faith in treyarch is that much more than iw/sh. 

a.d.p.alien

Just watched multi player trailer and action looks fast . You know shoot first bang youre dead first of M.w.3 ? yep hackers gonna rain hard on this one .Again you just can't win against lobbies full of cheaters on a platform they {   Acti vision} can't provide any security for.  Campaign or combat. They may as well scrape multi player if they can't secure it. . Lke m.w. 3 nothing has been done for P.C. player ,its a hackfest in the making.

TeamKillerMAC

I'd think it will be like what the trailer showed.

whatabeer

Well i'll tell you it looks alot like Modern Warfare 3 on steroids

-CrazyMoFo-

I think Black Ops 2 is going to be the most pathetically easy first person shooter ever made. 

2 wallhack type attatchments (really) and an extreme (and extremely unnecessary) nerf to ghost which looks like it will do nothing but screw up objective gametypes and force every stealth player into run n gun gameplay.

UAV's are the #1 most common killstreak, and with killstreaks stacking like they did in MW3, any team oriented game will have both teams with UAV's up for 80-90% of the game. I also heard the SR71 is returning, which negated ghost entirely. (so why nerf it further)

Now in order to defend your flag in CTF, or the bomb in DEM you have to be constantly moving around. No longer can the flag runner find a corner to hide if the enemy has his flag. He must now stay mobile (thus exposing himself to the enemy) or show on UAV

No longer can you sneak in to plant bombs in DEM (once you stop to plant you'll show on UAV)

No longer can you sneak in to cap flags in DOM (as if the flashing flag icon wasn't bad enough, now the noobs need to see your exact position on UAV also)

No longer can you stop for a second if you hear an enemy approaching a door/corner (they'll get a nice little warning on UAV that you're there)

No longer can you use a sniper rifle properly, now you must run around and quickscope if you want to remain off the radar.  (They now officially promote quickscoping and punish proper sniping!)

All in the interests of stopping "campers" yet this does absolutely nothing to stop the "campers" that everyone whines about. Real "campers" (ie people who sit in one spot) are extremely easy to kill. The people who get called "camper" most often are those who are constantly moving around in a small area, and thus they won't really be affected.

The best part, now hackers will be 10 times harder to spot and remove, especially since they can now ALWAYS hide behind the "saw you on UAV" excuse.

I'm thinking this might be a CoD title to avoid. I just wish the MoH Warfighter trailer I saw looked half as smooth and seamless as the BO2 trailer. If it did I wouldn't even be giving BO2 a second thought.

Ya thats about what I've been feeling about it.

Whats weired is BL:R players are saying that about 3 maps have the same name and looks the same as the ones in BO2.

I played BLR and it has that funky HUR wall hack thing and id did in fact flat out ruin CTF. I mean it really really sucks.

BO2 traliers also showed cloaking and barricades both of which is in BLR and mech suit which is called a hard suit. Not to mention both are set in the future.

I tried BLR for about 30 hours and the game is horriable.

Gaming has hit an all time low.

Film_Not_Rated

1) Better than MW3.

2) The game is in Alpha, what you watched and may be complaining about is all going to change, they wouldn't show their best stuff this early on. No recoil on the guns will obviously be fixed, but of course some guns will have less like in the past CoD's.

@Crazy, are you talking about ghost? I'm pretty sure you will only show up if they HAVE A UAV.

I welcome all negativity though on these forums.

Expect the worst I guess.

-CrazyMoFo-

Yes you show on UAV, the easiest to get and most commonly used killstreak in the CoD franchise.

They honestly may as well have taken the ghost perk out of the game entirely. It will only be useful for run n gunners now, and they don't need or use ghost to begin with.

If they really wanted to stop camping, they would've done what the community accomplished in CoD4. After X amount of time not moving, you put your gun away and it takes 2-3 seconds to pull it back out.

That would eliminate camping entirely, without punishing snipers, defenders, and ruining the stealth aspect of the game. Instead they chose to cater to the no skilled children who can't find the enemy without red dots to chase on the UAV.

The funniest part, campers will continue to camp, and they'll have a much easier time of it now that they can detect approaching enemies through walls and enhance the sound of enemy footsteps.

Film_Not_Rated

People in the past have used Ghost/Assassin and used the play style of run and gunning.

Currently its set for 5 seconds standing still before you show up on the map, then after you move i'm sure you will disappear, though they haven't stated that yet.

Yeah UAVs are annoying, and they should be higher. Or have a personal UAV killstreak/scorestreak which is lower, then a team one.

Campers will indeed keep camping, will they have an easier time? I don't know. The sight where you can see through things takes a couple of seconds per scan, and can't be picked up by the perk Coldblood so it's not going to be that big of a problem.

Footsteps won't matter in anything but Search.

-CrazyMoFo-

Film_Not_Rated wrote:

People in the past have used Ghost/Assassin and used the play style of run and gunning.

Currently its set for 5 seconds standing still before you show up on the map, then after you move i'm sure you will disappear, though they haven't stated that yet.

Yeah UAVs are annoying, and they should be higher. Or have a personal UAV killstreak/scorestreak which is lower, then a team one.

Campers will indeed keep camping, will they have an easier time? I don't know. The sight where you can see through things takes a couple of seconds per scan, and can't be picked up by the perk Coldblood so it's not going to be that big of a problem.

Footsteps won't matter in anything but Search.

Yes people in the past have used ghost for run n gun classes... the difference is they knew for 100% fact that they were invisible to UAV if they stopped to reload, call in a killstreak, hack enemy equipment, etc. Now they won't.

It doesn't matter if it's set for 5 seconds or 10 seconds. It is impossible to keep accurate track of time with an internal count. You could count to 4 and move and not know if your count was accurate enough. So now a ghost user will never really know if he's pinging on enemy UAV or not unless they never stop moving. (Proper snipers are also still punished as they're not supposed to be moving around all the time)

UAV's were annoying, but one could always run the stealth perk to counter them. Not ONE person complained about the stealth perk until BO introduced a way to counter it completely. (SR71) Suddenly people start to complain that their UAV's are useless and that ghost is overpowered...

Campers will be able to see everyone except the cold blooded users, who they will be able to hear with awareness. They won't be able to be flushed out with explosives (flak jacket) they can defend themselves from jumpshotting type tactics with the shield... yeah they will have a REALLY easy time in BO2..

To say footsteps only matter in S&D is ridiculous. I play HC CTF almost exclusively, with some HC DEM and HC DOM occasionally mixed in. I can say for a 100% fact that silent footsteps are VERY important in every gametype, and can make it VERY easy for anyone with a decent headset to know EXACTLY where non DS users are. 

I have a feeling of hit detection, very little of it.

T-boss

yes there always will be campers. hope hit detection is much better. cold blooded counters the see thorugh wall sight.

campers will probly use flackjacket, coldblooded, and awarness+tacmask.  UAV is much harder to get in objective modes without going for teh objective now. in TDM i think its 4 kills now, they will probly nerf the UAV in general, last a short time, sweeps less often, ect.

I preordered the game and i think i will not get disappointed. I liked all the other CoD games and i think BO2 will be the best one. I have red here in the forum that there will be no anit cheat program, don't matter to to me. I know i'm not the best player, but i have very much fun playing that game, and that fun will not damaged by any fuckin cheaters. And when it comes a few times that at the end of on eround i'm at the top of the list, i can say that were my skills and not any cheats. I just can't understand how people can have fun with cheating, i think they have to know that they have no own skills, i never could have fun playing that game, when i know that i play not with my own skills.

Whatever, another point of BO2 which i'm curious about is the new system you can create your own character. I think this will be a very good new development compared to the last CoD games. This one will bring much more strategy in the game about how to create your character best to your own playing style.

I'm glad they bringing the didicated server back. The way how Infinity Ward did it was no reason for me to judge the game bad, but i think the dedicated server makes the game much better.

I'm very excited and can't wait no more for the release of that game. This will be a great game. I just wish that the game will answer everybodys exceptions and all gamer just have fun with it for a great gamer commuinity.

a.d.p.alien

Acti vision obviously encourages hacking because nothing is ever done now or in  future COD . Because of their support of hacking players have adopted this style to these and other games we like to play. Devs are to blame for the current state of hacling on multi players as well as sending a bad message to young players that hacking is ok. Now when something bad happens and was because some hacked into their accounts its no wonder when it all goes back to Developers that all encourage hacking. Cheers.

I have no idea.

What I saw from the Gamescom streams looked effin fun, though.

I got a feeling i'm going to rather enjoy multiplayer on BO2.. it wont take much to beat MW3 aha, that is just bad.