44 Replies Latest reply: Sep 16, 2012 11:56 AM by killerdude147 RSS

Don't make us wait to unlock HC and gamemodes...

rankismet

Like most people here, BO2 will not be my first COD rodeo.

 

... but...

 

Every new COD seems to think it is. Hardcore locked until ~level 16. All gamemodes not available until ~level 20.

 

Just make them available right away,

 

Hardcore unlocked.

All modes avaliable.

 

Please?

 

#MOARhardcore

  • Re: Don't make us wait to unlock HC and gamemodes...
    nicedrewishfela

    Good point. I've never understood the logic behind that thinking. What I find funny is that core gamers seem to think HC players are "noobs". So.. if thats the case... why is core available from the moment you put the disc in?

     

    We should be allowed to play what we want, when we want. I've never seen a valid reason to make HC open at later levels. Besides, there were work arounds. I had a friend who spotted me jumping into a Core match when I first got MW3. They had the game already (I got mine day of release, but midday as it was delivered) and had already gotten into their 20s. They threw me an invite, so I was playing HC at level 1. Plus, when you prestige HC is open immediately

     

    MOAR Hardcore modes. Get rid of ricochet. I can't wait to hear if there are any changes in store for the Hardcore community, which IW prefers to ignore but Treyarch truly seems to understand.

    • Re: Don't make us wait to unlock HC and gamemodes...
      rankismet

      nicedrewishfela wrote:

       

      Good point. I've never understood the logic behind that thinking. What I find funny is that core gamers seem to think HC players are "noobs". So.. if thats the case... why is core available from the moment you put the disc in?

       

      We should be allowed to play what we want, when we want. I've never seen a valid reason to make HC open at later levels. Besides, there were work arounds. I had a friend who spotted me jumping into a Core match when I first got MW3. They had the game already (I got mine day of release, but midday as it was delivered) and had already gotten into their 20s. They threw me an invite, so I was playing HC at level 1. Plus, when you prestige HC is open immediately

       

      MOAR Hardcore modes. Get rid of ricochet. I can't wait to hear if there are any changes in store for the Hardcore community, which IW prefers to ignore but Treyarch truly seems to understand.

       

      Agreed... Vahn has a soft spot for two things...

       

      ... MLG/eSports.

      ... Hardcore.

       

      A group of us playtested the Flags/Boms fiasco in BO with him and he was surprised to find all the gamemodes played well in HC (except for maybe Sabotage) and that they were very different from the core experience.

       

      #MOARhardcore

  • Re: Don't make us wait to unlock HC and gamemodes...

    I agree with op.

     

    By the way, has it been confirmed that nOObtubes have been disabled from hardcore?

    • Re: Don't make us wait to unlock HC and gamemodes...
      rankismet

      Becon of Death wrote:

       

      I agree with op.

       

      By the way, has it been confirmed that nOObtubes have been disabled from hardcore?

       

      No confirmed HC intel to my knowledge...

       

      ... and the lack of tubes in HC is a huge rumor, IMO. I would be shocked if they are... and personally disappointed.

      • Re: Don't make us wait to unlock HC and gamemodes...
        nicedrewishfela

        Its a mixed bag for me. I hate that they get spammed and hope they are limited. That being said, if used correctly they can be a valuable tool. Being Hardcore, you will get the element that does embed themselves or "camp" in an area. I tend to use lethal grenades to unseat them from their perch, however these aren't always effective and you can't always get an angle.

         

        A well placed tube is sometimes the best way to clear out a camping spot. That is truly what they were meant for, not for the idiots who run around spamming them. I used to use the mantra in Black Ops. If you camp, I TUBE.  Been able to turn around several matches by dislodging campers.

         

        I see their value in HC, but also get tired of how abused they are. No easy answers here. I think BlOps got tubing right for the most part. No reloads on Tubes. The one change I would hope for is no secondary grenade launchers. The China Lake became a joke later in the games life cycle. I did love the first several months. I think I died from a Tube maybe once in that time.

      • Re: Don't make us wait to unlock HC and gamemodes...

        or atleast make them all lock ons only?

  • Re: Don't make us wait to unlock HC and gamemodes...

    I think this originates from when people were new to CoD.

    But since everybody knows the idea now I see no reason to have to unlock it.

  • Re: Don't make us wait to unlock HC and gamemodes...
    ill-lll

    This is even more important because of what it means for the playlists. This is the reason every CoD title releases with only 3 or 4 Hardcore lists ~ the first few weeks there is not a large enough population to fill more than that because they are stuck waiting for people to meet the level requirement.


    We go through this every time. After a month or two, they feel the existing lists have reached a high enough population count and then give us two more, typically CTF/HQ objective modes. Then we are stuck with those 5 again until DLC or we whine enough to get the lists addressed.

     

    This thread is really onto something here. Remove the initial level requirement and the lists will not be underpopulated and there will be no reason to restrict HC to only 3 until it meets the numbers.

     

    To elaborate on this even further - this ultimate just hurts the potential Hardcore population growth and the potential growth of other playlists. Some of us are HC4Lifers and will play it no matter what. But for those few that are actually new to the game, they put in the game and can only play Core TDM or one or two other types. They grow to like it and understand it and just stick with it. That probably has a large influence on why Core TDM remains the most populated list on all systems by a ridiculously large margin.

     

    Players new to the game may want to try Hardcore, see the list is disabled to them, and never look back. They stick with what they can play, grow comfortable, and never try anything else. The same could be said for a lot of the level-restricted Core game modes that revolve around an Objective rather than just shooting the enemy. This whole logic made sense when CoD was brand new, but there are enough shooters out there now that players get the basic idea and should have the option to jump right into something else.

     

    Fully support removing the level requirements for playlists, entirely.

  • Re: Don't make us wait to unlock HC and gamemodes...
    banned-again

    you all say that hardcore players get grief from core player for playing hardcore but hardcore players are just as bad. 

     

    what does ot matter who plays core or hardcore as long as people are having fun with the game and before anyone asks i play both core and hardcoe it all depends on my mood.

     

    but back on topic i hope all hardcore modes are playable from the start and i hope they bring back more game types like demo and sabo

  • Re: Don't make us wait to unlock HC and gamemodes...
    TeamKillerMAC

    I don't think launchers should get banned from hardcore in BOII because of MW3. Blast Shield doesn't work in HC. Hell, even vest do a better job than Blast Shield. Hopefully Treyarch will do Flak Jacket right like they did in BOI.

    • Re: Don't make us wait to unlock HC and gamemodes...
      nicedrewishfela

      When I look back, I don't think there was much in the way of Perks they really got wrong. People complained about Ghost, I suppose, but I feel like it had counters to it just like everything else. Flak Jacket was a very balanced perk. It protected you from explosive damage, and in Hardcore if you took another explosive you would die. Fair enough.

       

      I think its a shame IW didn't learn from 3Arc. Hacker was one of the most brilliant perks, imo, ever to be in the series. Scavenger was done right, Lightweight and Marathon were strong but didn't make people run like the flash as MW2 did.

       

      I personally think Black Ops was very balanced as far as the perks go, hope that Black Ops II continues to evolve from that.

      • Re: Don't make us wait to unlock HC and gamemodes...
        rankismet

        nicedrewishfela wrote:

         

        When I look back, I don't think there was much in the way of Perks they really got wrong. People complained about Ghost, I suppose, but I feel like it had counters to it just like everything else. Flak Jacket was a very balanced perk. It protected you from explosive damage, and in Hardcore if you took another explosive you would die. Fair enough.

         

        I think its a shame IW didn't learn from 3Arc. Hacker was one of the most brilliant perks, imo, ever to be in the series. Scavenger was done right, Lightweight and Marathon were strong but didn't make people run like the flash as MW2 did.

         

        I personally think Black Ops was very balanced as far as the perks go, hope that Black Ops II continues to evolve from that.

         

        Flak Jacket needed more of a downside, IMO... towards the end of BO's main lifecycle you saw a crap ton of Flak Jacket users in HC. They could move unhindered yet survive RPGs to the chest and not slow down.

         

        Not game breaking but needing a tweak.

        • Re: Don't make us wait to unlock HC and gamemodes...
          nicedrewishfela

          True, it could have at least used some flinch when taking a hit.

        • Re: Don't make us wait to unlock HC and gamemodes...

          Flak Jacket rarely affected me since I hardly bothered with explosives, even in HC. Especially when I had 2 TK's. If they ran through my claymore I saw the hitmarkers so I knew they were there. Most importantly, why waste time with an RPG when I can just shoot them with my FAMAS?

           

          On topic, its not like it takes a long time to get to level 20 or so. And you only have to do it once.

        • Re: Don't make us wait to unlock HC and gamemodes...
          ill-lll

          rankismet wrote:

          towards the end of BO's main lifecycle you saw a crap ton of Flak Jacket users in HC. They could move unhindered yet survive RPGs to the chest and not slow down.

           

          If you want flinch or a mobility restriction, that is a fair exchange. No tweaking the damage reduction though. The whole point is to survive. Blast Shield already doesn't work and yet, you were against them trying to buff it in MW3. Too biased! Lucky for you, they didn't buff it to the point it actually does anything. Unlucky for the rest of us.

          • Re: Don't make us wait to unlock HC and gamemodes...
            rankismet

            ill-lll wrote:

             

            rankismet wrote:

            towards the end of BO's main lifecycle you saw a crap ton of Flak Jacket users in HC. They could move unhindered yet survive RPGs to the chest and not slow down.

             

            If you want flinch or a mobility restriction, that is a fair exchange. No tweaking the damage reduction though. The whole point is to survive. Blast Shield already doesn't work and yet, you were against them trying to buff it in MW3. Too biased! Lucky for you, they didn't buff it to the point it actually does anything. Unlucky for the rest of us.

             

            You should at least move like you would if you had an LMG when you move with a pistol... roll with an LMG and you will be a little faster than the MW3 jugg suit.

            • Re: Don't make us wait to unlock HC and gamemodes...
              otisman666

              @RAN:  I completely support your position on unlocking all gamemodes early.  But I don't condone your position on the Flak Jack.  First off it is easy enough to see the big fat guy running around the map, just aim the explosive elsewhere.  I don't care if it's HC or C, the results are the same, poorly aimed tubes should not give people free kills.

              • Re: Don't make us wait to unlock HC and gamemodes...
                rankismet

                otisman666 wrote:

                 

                @RAN:  I completely support your position on unlocking all gamemodes early.  But I don't condone your position on the Flak Jack.  First off it is easy enough to see the big fat guy running around the map, just aim the explosive elsewhere.  I don't care if it's HC or C, the results are the same, poorly aimed tubes should not give people free kills.

                 

                I just found it to be a touch strong... I used it on one map... Nuketown. I could lay by the sign fer dayz soaking up explosives.

                 

      • Re: Don't make us wait to unlock HC and gamemodes...

        very true, i also personally think black ops has a very well=ballanced perk system myself and unlike mw2 we could actually have scavenger and slight of hand or scavenger with warlord(basically bling in mw2) so i agree it was nice

  • Re: Don't make us wait to unlock HC and gamemodes...

    I never understood this. Make it right off the bat...

  • Re: Don't make us wait to unlock HC and gamemodes...
    jwaller123

    As long as one of them is DOM then I am a happy man. I don't want to have to mess around with other game modes to start leveling up. DOM is where most of my XP comes from, but hey...if we only have to do it once then I guess I will have to deal with whatever it is they do.

  • Re: Don't make us wait to unlock HC and gamemodes...
    KTPhoenix

    i seriously dont see the point in them doing that in the first place. not only is it pointless since a friend could just invite you to a match if they already have it unlocked, but it is so easy to get to that level anyway. its kind of like a punishment to us HC players.

  • Re: Don't make us wait to unlock HC and gamemodes...
    anonymous_fish

    well it's been awhile since i was new to a CoD game so i'm assuming that it doesn't reset when you prestige?

     

    ~anonymous

  • Re: Don't make us wait to unlock HC and gamemodes...
    ghosthound

    Although I appreciated MW3 putting HC gamemodes under the title 'Advanced modes' I would appreciate being able to play HC from the start of BO2.

     

    Not to mention more HC gamemodes at the begining:

     

    - HC TD [should include classic TD, Kill confirmed & Elimination];

    - HC S&D [should include classic S&D & Reverse];

    - HC Team Mission [should include Extraction, Retrieval and Sabotage - these are best of 5 rounds 4 lives gamemodes that I have previously mentioned];

    - HC Team Objective [should include CTF, Domination and Conquest (War from Waw)]; and

    - HC Free for all [should include classic, Kill confirmed & Elimination].

  • Re: Don't make us wait to unlock HC and gamemodes...
    squirrelness

    Totally agree.  This needs to happen.  Hopefully Vahn listens to us. 

  • Re: Don't make us wait to unlock HC and gamemodes...
    anonymous_fish

    it's not that bad, it doesn't take long to unlock them and you don't have to unlock them again when you prestige