1 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next 167 Replies Latest reply: Feb 9, 2013 10:51 AM by raarethebest Go to original post RSS
  • 80. Re: Dashboard isn't a negative thing
    creaper21

Well, then you're different. But I'd personally rather just not deal with the BS. But I don't dashboard, I just leave. It would be boring spending half my time just waiting for the game to start up just because I keep dashboarding instead of quitting.

• 81. Re: Dashboard isn't a negative thing
    JerryEveryday

Oh I forgot about that too, The loading time from having to wait to restart the game and whatnot. Makes it not even worth it. All this to "preserve" your stats. Give me a break.

• 82. Re: Dashboard isn't a negative thing
    nuttin2say

I've been watching this thread since I last posted on it.

youcantgetme62 ... you're remarks are not going to win you any supporters so you may want to drop the 'tude or just not respond to differing opinions.

That said ... though there's some folks in here I generally find myself in complete agreement with, I'm going to stand by what I said earlier: dashboarding is a fact of life & we either accept that reality or continue to be frustrated.

The one thing that ticked me off above all else - even the lag - since COD4 was people dashboarding. As I've stated, I was part of a conversation about this issue with Ghandi one night and he made a good argument as to why they would likely never change the fact that dashboarding wipes out a match. I'm not going to get into that.

All I cared to take away from the conversation was really very simple: there is not now nor is there ever going to be a penalty for dashboarding.

I've seen all the arguments in here about people dashboarding because of stats. If that's the way someone wants to look at it, that's fine by me, as well.

However, although that may seem to be the first "gotcha," seeing someone dashboard after going 8 and 27 during the match ... you'll be hard pressed to see that is the case for me. I usually know within a couple of minutes whether or not the lobby is worth staying in or exiting.

I dashboard for two reasons and one of those reasons covers 90% or more of the times I dashboard.

1 - because the lag is too sever to continue and have fun playing the match. This is the most likely reason you will ever see me dashboard (and, in fact, enabled Ghandi to help me discover why I had seen a spike in lag recently, suggest a fix - and solved the problem for me).

2 - the team upon which I am placed is not simply a bunch of weak players, but they are spinning in circles shooting into the air, trying to knife me as I play, running behind me and shooting their gun, trying to corner block me, and an arm's length of other reasons that they are losing and losing badly.

I understand where you're coming from J, in trying to rid the community of cheaters. However, I felt, coming into MW3, that I did not get to enjoy Black Ops as much as I could have because I spent so much time trying to determine whether or not someone was actually cheating.

My experience in doing that revealed that very often what people consider cheating is, in fact, not. On the flip side of the coin, what I also discovered is that what a lot people think is the fault of the developer is not.

Here is a direct quote from Ghandi just today ...

Regarding throttling bandwidth I'm afraid I'm never going to condone this.

This is a bigger problem than anyone that's posted in this thread realize.

No game developer is going to openly admit there is an abundance of cheaters within their gaming community. Why? Because sales would plummet.

However, I've been watching comments from Ghandi for a long time and you would be mistaken if you think that lag switches, of one sort or another, are not large part of the problem with your laggy games.

If you're in a lobby with all 4 bars and suddenly experience "rubber-banding," lag, stuttering, or other lag-related symptoms, odds are there is someone in the lobby using a lag switch.

Also, it is very rare that I pull host. If I suspect I am host at all, I back out of the match immediately (whether winning or losing, and usually as soon as the match starts) and have been doing so since COD4. I don't dashboard out, I just back out.

Regardless of whether or not I am host, I'm not going to sit there and be some loser cheater's laughing-stock. I get the last laugh ...

... and you would be best served to do the same. If enough people would stop being fodder for cheaters, then they will give up their stupid antics and go find easier prey.

Yes, I dashboard probably once a gaming session. Until IW and TA change the scoring system so that dashboarding results in a loss, I'm not going to stop doing it. That's my protest.

And, like I said, Ghandi made a very, very powerful argument as to why dashboarding wipes out the match from the individual player or from the whole lobby if it is the host that dashboards. I doubt seriously they will ever change the win/loss scoring system.

• 83. Re: Dashboard isn't a negative thing

I only dashboard when 1) the other team has used cheap tactics to get the win or 2) the lag comp has screwed me and my teammates over so much that the other team doesn't deserve anything from the match.  2 happens a lot more often than 1.  I only dashboard when I'm host to make sure the game completely disappears for everyone.  Sometimes if a player is camping for a MOAB my friends and I will rush at him, feeding him kills, then as he calls it in I'll dashboard so he doesn't get anything out of it...lol.  I also like to let the other team know I'm about to make the game disappear by dashboarding so I'll run around dying intentionally and tell them during the kill cam that the game is about to go bye bye.

I never dashboarded in MW2 (my first COD game) or Black Ops (only played it a week).  This game is so poorly made that I feel no shame dashboarding like crazy to ruin others' experiences as the developers have ruined mine.  Next time try NOT punishing the people who pay enough money for a high quality internet connection and pull host and make it possible for your game to even work.

• 84. Re: Dashboard isn't a negative thing

nuttin2say wrote:

I understand where you're coming from J, in trying to rid the community of cheaters. However, I felt, coming into MW3, that I did not get to enjoy Black Ops as much as I could have because I spent so much time trying to determine whether or not someone was actually cheating.

I don't consider Dashboarding as cheating per se. While it does cheat one's stats, and it can cheat other players out of their game if the dasher is host. I don't think it can be considered cheating in the same way as Boosting, Hacking, or Modding...

I see regular Dashboarding more as Anti Social behaviour, and a stat whores way out...

• 85. Re: Dashboard isn't a negative thing
    blb128

Dashboarding scrubs like you dont bother me anymore. I always play with a full party and like many others who play in parties discovered that if you merge lobbies to back out. If we merge lobbies someone on the other team will pull host. If we dont merge we will pull host.

This is how we control unearned losses from sore losers like you preserving your K/D. I am usually party leader and always pull host when I am party leader and somtimes even when I am not party leader. I have a strong connection and am happy to be the host because I dont have to worry about dashboarders.

• 86. Re: Dashboard isn't a negative thing

lol you are really entertaining , 14,000 kills with a mp7 and i bet the same or not far off with twin fmgs and you call me a female dog , you have earned your name the dregs of cod , and one of the biggest children  of the forum  if you expect anybody that has read this thread to take you seriously again you are a bigger fool than i thorght , if the alcohol you drank last night has wore off and you feel like dishing out some appoligys am sure all partys may except , you need to ease off the cider on the park bench kid.

• 87. Re: Dashboard isn't a negative thing
    Datura

youcantgetme62 wrote:

Dude get a life there is more in this world than MW3 and the forums. I see you have over 2,000 post. Get some *****, get a life besides comparing people K/D and stats. That do not make my bank account grow. At night I lay with a woman get up go to work and come home and whoop ass on MW3 when time permits. I will still dashboard and I will still be me. You are complaining about my replies when you could Of kept it moving<--- meaning press the back button and click another link. You sound like you're smart just because of MW3 video game<--- Game. That sure as hell don't pay for my BMW 335xi nor the food that goes in my belly, my clothes, my child's clothes, put money in my savings nor my night out with the frat brothers. You sound so pathetic as if a grown woman should tell you to be getting a life. So tomorrow when you get off, go get you a Tagged account, upload a pic, and seek for some punanny because mw3 sure a hell ain't phucckkking you.

This woman you er "lay with", is she real? Go with christ brah.

• 88. Re: Dashboard isn't a negative thing

wasting your time with this kid the youth of today , he has got a thing about motobikes now cars and money , well if he has got pocket money he needs to save it up because he must burn through controllers the amount of times he is on that dashboard button .

• 89. Re: Dashboard isn't a negative thing
    nuttin2say

Jus_call_me_J wrote:

I don't consider Dashboarding as cheating per se. While it does cheat one's stats, and it can cheat other players out of their game if the dasher is host. I don't think it can be considered cheating in the same way as Boosting, Hacking, or Modding...

I see regular Dashboarding more as Anti Social behaviour, and a stat whores way out...

Well, I'm just saying that I agree with you that regardless of the reason a player leaves a game, it should be counted as a loss.

But I'm also saying that is not going to happen - per Ghandi.

I can fully see how you would consider it an Anti-Social behaviour, as well. It is not the loss I'm worried about and my stats show that. It isn't because I'm getting my lunch handed to me and my stats show that, too.

It is strictly a means of not giving cheaters their satisfaction. And to emphasis just how much cheating there is going on in this game, I want to point out to you something Ghandi said just a few minutes ago ...

Datura wrote:

Actually 3 down and 258 up is still well within the range for hosting. Also don't forget that most routers have different QOS features relating to its hardware and software capabilities. It isn't a magic bullet for all.

In fact the only real way to reverse the situation happens to be against Xbox live TOS and is quite frankly cheating. Not mentioning names but its something I suspect a certain number of big youtubers are doing to consistently attain those entertaining vids. No doubt its worth it for them for the financial gain they receive in views. My reasoning being that they also have über connections for streaming and uploading vids.. yet they mysteriously don't seem to experience the same drama the rest of us, the general gaming population on über connections, experience everytime we fire up MW3. They seem to happily churn out double MOAB vids every day, always seeming to have the jump on everyone in matches. When viewing their game history on Elite they seem to have abnormally and consistently good performances game after game after game on what should be a death sentence of high quality connection. I hardly see any abandoned games and this is from watching their match historys since launch day and the months after, when things were truly horrific. Very fishy.

Conversely theres big youtubers who have quit this game due to the severe connection issues, yet strangely enough they also happen to be on the very same ubertastic connections which of course makes total sense as they simply cannot create regular great content due to the terrible inconsistencies inherent to this game. Theyre probably the few who decided against doctoring their connections, didnt know how to or just didnt care anymore and quit.

PS-Im not referring to lag switching, it's a lot more subtle than that.

Without casting ANY aspersions on specific individuals this occurs.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

There is way more to the lag issues than people realize.

1 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next