11 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2012 6:25 PM by danielbondnz RSS

Ninja pro should counter other Ninja and Ninja pro users. ????

danielbondnz

I think it would be a good idea that the pro version of Ninja should make you be able to hear the footsteps of other Ninja users, kinda like Sitrep in MW3, but not make every one elses louder.

 

I think that S&D works great now in MW3, where everyone uses Sitrep, so people can get about stealthy if they crouch, but if you run you can be heard.

 

I will be using Ninja, as I use a headset, but I like the idea of being able to hear other users, with the draw back that they can hear me to. I think thats perfect balance.

 

Do any other Ninja users like this idea?

  • Re: Ninja pro should counter other Ninja and Ninja pro users. ????

    So everyone uses ninja, and it all cancels out to have no effect, and it's the same as nobody having any perk at all.

    Seems pretty stupid to me.

    • Re: Ninja pro should counter other Ninja and Ninja pro users. ????

      Yeap this is a FAIL...if that's the case then you might as well take the perk out the game completely or people would just get ninja and NEVER make it pro just like blind eye in MW3

      • Re: Ninja pro should counter other Ninja and Ninja pro users. ????
        danielbondnz

        TheGilmore wrote:

         

        Yeap this is a FAIL...if that's the case then you might as well take the perk out the game completely or people would just get ninja and NEVER make it pro just like blind eye in MW3

        What? why would people not want it pro? You could only hear other Ninja users with the pro form.

         

        Hear me out, people who like to sound whore use Ninja, if what im proposing happened, you would still be able to sound whore other ninja users. Yes they could also sound whore you, but every perk needs a balancer.

        • Re: Ninja pro should counter other Ninja and Ninja pro users. ????

          You can hear EVERYONE with the pro form...or are you saying either or? My thing is sound whoring is stupid me personally I don't have a headset and I use Ninja/Dead Silence just fine. Thing is there needs to be a counter in another perk tier to balance it out. Or just keep it the same and force players to use skill and stop depending on perks.

          • Re: Ninja pro should counter other Ninja and Ninja pro users. ????
            danielbondnz

            TheGilmore wrote:

             

            You can hear EVERYONE with the pro form...or are you saying either or? My thing is sound whoring is stupid me personally I don't have a headset and I use Ninja/Dead Silence just fine. Thing is there needs to be a counter in another perk tier to balance it out. Or just keep it the same and force players to use skill and stop depending on perks.

            Sound whoring is not stupid, In CoD you only have two senses available, sight, and sound. If you dont have a headset I think thats silly, its a cod essential, just like the tv you use to watch it.

            • Re: Ninja pro should counter other Ninja and Ninja pro users. ????

              Well unlike you and on the behalf of plenty gamers who don't use headsets a headset isn't an essential to play this game. I hear just fine on normal volume only advantage you all have is the fact that sound whoring people can precisely hear wtf somebody is around them just by hearing....and I mean this in the most extreme form ESPECIALLY with Sit Rep Pro on...I've had a friend tell me he can hear someone on the other side of Arkaden in MW3 with a pair of Turtle Beaches. I say just keep the perks where they are or balance them both either way NO ONE will be happy. *shrugs*

              • Re: Ninja pro should counter other Ninja and Ninja pro users. ????
                danielbondnz

                TheGilmore wrote:

                 

                Well unlike you and on the behalf of plenty gamers who don't use headsets a headset isn't an essential to play this game. I hear just fine on normal volume only advantage you all have is the fact that sound whoring people can precisely hear wtf somebody is around them just by hearing....and I mean this in the most extreme form ESPECIALLY with Sit Rep Pro on...I've had a friend tell me he can hear someone on the other side of Arkaden in MW3 with a pair of Turtle Beaches. I say just keep the perks where they are or balance them both either way NO ONE will be happy. *shrugs*

                Well I can tell you now, you can not hear somone on the other side of Arkaden, I have Turtle Beaches top headset,

                 

                But Seriously, the developers should not be making games to cater for people who dont even have the most basic piece of equipment, I dont know anyone who dosnt use a headset, you dont even need a dare one.

                 

                This was just an idea I had, nothing personal. But Ninja is a perk designed for headset users.

                 

                If you choose to be a casual gamer, thats great. But they are not going to dumb the game down for you and take the use of sound out. Sound is a key aspect in any combat, you choose not to use a headset, thats your downfall.

        • Re: Ninja pro should counter other Ninja and Ninja pro users. ????
          mdub

          danielbondnz wrote:

           

          TheGilmore wrote:

           

          Yeap this is a FAIL...if that's the case then you might as well take the perk out the game completely or people would just get ninja and NEVER make it pro just like blind eye in MW3

          What? why would people not want it pro? You could only hear other Ninja users with the pro form.

           

          Hear me out, people who like to sound whore use Ninja, if what im proposing happened, you would still be able to sound whore other ninja users. Yes they could also sound whore you, but every perk needs a balancer.

          People who use ninja like to sound whore??

           

          If treyarch adds a counter perk to ninja (lets call it sit rep = mw3)

           

          It would actually be the sit rep users that like to "sound whore."

  • Re: Ninja pro should counter other Ninja and Ninja pro users. ????

    If Ninja/Dead Silence is in this game, I don't see why Treyarch just doesn't make Ninja/Dead Silence the way Call of Duty 4 had it, (yes I know Treyarch didn't make Call of Duty 4.)

     

    If you don't know, basically you weren't completely silent and that anyone with a good headset would be able to hear a miniscule amount of your footsteps. You still sounded silent against any non-headset users however.

  • Re: Ninja pro should counter other Ninja and Ninja pro users. ????
    mmartin

    I did not agree with IW's change to Sitrep Pro and I honestly feel the reason they did it was to curb some of the overuse of Stalker. Essentially an attempt to better balance the 3rd Tier. 

     

    Perk balance in the game doesn't mean everything should have a counter. Some perks exist so that others are valuable. If there are counters to everything, why have any perks?

     

    I'm confident that we won't see the same thing in Black Ops 2. We may have a perk that enhances sounds of enemies and/or lowers ambient sound and may possibly cancel out a silent footsteps perk, but it won't ALSO see enemy equipment. 

    • Re: Ninja pro should counter other Ninja and Ninja pro users. ????
      danielbondnz

      To me, Ninja isnt valuable if half the opposition are using it too, meaning you cant hear nothing. I would rather be heard by other ninja users, knowing that atleast I can trust that I can still hear them if they try creep up on me.

       

      Thats why I use Sitrep pro now, I like the fact I can trust my ears, and im prepared for the spin off that certain people can still hear me.