43 Replies Latest reply: Aug 14, 2012 7:04 AM by monkeylord RSS

Kill Confirmed, how to play.

Just noticed this in another post.  Someone was encouraging more players to play like the guy that went 7-22 (but he picked up a lot of tags).

I'm sorry but this is not how you play Kill Confirmed.  You do not run around aimlessly picking up tags.. you pick up the tags if they are safe to grab, otherwise you give the other team one of your tags when you die trying to grab it.  If you do not understand this then back out of the thread now... it's common sense.

I'd rather have a guy go 10-0 on my team and only pick up 4 tags than to have a guy go 3-15 and pick up 12 tags.  The guy dying 15 times is giving the other team a possible 15 tags.  That's A LOT for one guy to give up.

I'd had games where I went 38+ kills and less than 5 deaths and lost in KC.  Why?  Because my team died too much.  I gave up a max of 5 tags myself.  I definitely grabbed more tags than I gave up.  That's the point of this game mode.

If you have a logical argument, feel free.

• Re: Kill Confirmed, how to play.

Agreed, don't ever use the "at least I went for the objective" excuse for dying too much. Feeding isn't helping your team. 

monkeylord

InsideSwede wrote:

I'd had games where I went 38+ kills and less than 5 deaths and lost in KC.  Why?  Because my team died too much.  I gave up a max of 5 tags myself.  I definitely grabbed more tags than I gave up.  That's the point of this game mode.

If your PSN is insideswede this statement isn't true you average 5 tags a round so thats a total of 5 points you put towards the what looked like 90 needed.

However you died 5 times so in reality you put a grand total of zip, zilch a big fat 0 towards the win.

Oh i'm sure you'll grandiose about the "huge" nuber of  kills you do get but they have to be confirmed by someone who can really play the mode. It's hard to use logic against an argument based on half truths.

You may put up huge numbers of kills buit that can end up doing more harm than good based on how the point system is.

You are correct sir, but a lot of games I die 0 times, or 2 times.  I would also like to note that most of my kills are far away (I use assault weapons) and a lot of my teammates grab my tags before I can... due to the distance.

If you think the 7-22 guy is helping the team more than I am.. you're crazy.  Latest KC games: 33-3, 31-2, 51-1, 44-2....  and you're going to say I'm not helping the team?  Considering I died less than 5 times in my last 4 KC games.. I'd say I did a great service to the team.

monkeylord

Lets use you own numbers always the best less argument that way. So you collect 5 out of 38 kills that leaves 33 kills. But we've already agreed that you're at 0 due to your deaths gained.

So thats 33 points right? wrong it's really only the same 6 tags recycled 5 and a half times unless someone on your team enters the danger zone and grabs the tags.

Now throw onto this the worst one of all and that is kill denied that cancels an extra point so if you die 5 times and get 5 kill denied messages you're now no longer at 0 points you're now sitting at -5.

So yeah keep going for kills and telling others how to do it but first try putting at least a dozen points before tossing out advice.

A lot of us chuck over 20 bankable points and still managae to go positive KD wise and also get the win. Others chuck up high kills and moan about their team when they lose whilst advising others how to play a mode they don't fully understand

rlbl

busted.

rlbl

In principal you made a good point, but it is incomplete.

If the other team is not picking up tags, then I do not care if someone on my team (or myself) goes 7-22 (as an example) if he is picking up both red and gold tags.

If the other team is picking up tags, then yeah trying not to die so much is a good idea, regarless of how many tags you pick up.

Bettis123

Yep, ik how to play kill confirmed. I played against you before. This is ModernJewfare3. You got quite a solid connection to be able to not die in many situations you go through, but with far more experience then the other team, you might not encounter near death situations as much as if someone was to know your position, shoot bullets constantly and bring out explosives. You maintain a high kd by waiting on the enemy to make a move, or else you make a move by going the safest route on the map, and try to flank the enemy for some easy kills, then build kill-streaks that way.

This would surely help your team, but would they know where the enemies are dieing? Not nessecarily all the time, so kills will go to waste, and in reality, you really did not help as much as you thought you did, because your team did not know were the tags were.

But this comes to your recent post, were you need brains to play kill-confirmed in the most efficient manner of not dieing and grabbing tags.

I would agree, that the guy who went 51-1 was far more helpful to win then the guy 7-22 who picked up tags, because he might not have collected enough tags to cover the debt of his deaths.

I surely would play KC again, but i run into monsters like you, with great connection to mw3, giving you a truely surperior game many times. The game will trick players like me and give you the game you wanted.

I thought you gave up on MW3!

Well, I do have FiOS.. but what about Lag Compensation?  Doesn't that hurt me more than anything?

Well yes.. obviously I play smart.  I don't like to die a lot.. and I definitely take the safer routes.  I don't use Blind Eye / Assassin at all unless against a party of players with 2 or 3 k/d's.  I'm religious with Scavenger / Hardline Pro / Marksman.  I should get some credit there.

Yes, some kills go to waste but I prefer it over dying and giving up my tag trying to get one.

Bettis123

Mw3 is a fun, fast paced game, and i can sometimes get a really nice game going, a lot of good games in infected, with all the noobies lol. Less guns i can die from in infected, more points scored and a higher k/d and w/l earned. It is the best solution to the game if you experience constant bullying of the game from the mistakes it makes from many gun-fights.

But i have carried my team many many times when i did play way back when in kc and tdm, but many times i would loose because i would be the only positive person on my side of the lobby, because i played smart, but it did not help the fact that i would get tormented by the mistakes of the game. I knew i aimed in the right spot, fired on time, but somehow did not earn anything except a death. I just wish online gameplay worked well for people like me who experience these issues consistently. I bet Time Warner Cable is the worst ISP in the world, so that does not help much lol.

I go out of my pick up tags in kc if I have too, not if we have a 10+ lead though, there's not much of a need to do so.  Usually when you have such a large lead the opponents are weaker than you are so why not spend more time killing them?

Thesandman

How can picking up 12 tags be worse than picking up 5 OP?

phxs72

You need a balance of killing machines and tag grabbers.  I've gone up against teams of killing machines that don't grab tags and won the match despite my team going way negative overall simply because my team took the time to collect tags and theirs didn't.  A good mix of both styles will end matches quickly and still allow for the win.  During the ops, I consider if I can pick up two or three enemy tags even though I know that I'm going to die doing it to be a worthwhile trade.  Outside of the ops I'm more cautious about dieing and will run my killstreaks while picking up the tags that are safe to grab (assuming my team isn't losing of course).

xxphenomen4xx

sound logic swede, i guess!?  i try to run marathon to get my own tags, and others, because if i dont run for a tag, we lose, typically!? im confused!?  you've confused me!?

sennalike

I've only played a handful of Kill confirmed matches, not really my type of game. 

So which is better...

1.  Going 0-20, getting the 20 deaths denied, and collecting 30 tags from lazy, killwhoring team mates.

or

2.  Going 30-0, and collecting 0 tags, and your lazy, killwhoring team mates didn't bother grabbing them for you either.

(Rhetorical question, anyone with half a brain knows the correct answer.)

Anybody playing a public objective match and not playing the objective deserves zero respect and their stats mean nothing to me.  Fortunately with Elite these players are dead easy to spot these days.

Good post.  Highly unlikely but good point.

Per my stats, I have averaged 5-6 tags per game (lol).  This includes all of the games I join late.. or join in and go 0-0 (it's a lot since I play solo most of the time).  If my teammates grab 20% of the tags from my kills... I've contributed a lot to the team.  Like someone said above.. there are the killwhores who get air support and farm tags all over the map.. and there are those that run around and grab them.  I don't mind if someone runs arounds to grab the tags.. hell, I want them to.  What I do mind is someone going negative just to get tags.  You can easily go positive and win if you play smart. (I give too much credit to the green guys)

sennalike

You paid for the game, play it how you want, I have no problem with that.  But if you want mine or others respect, and there is no reason you would, then you need to play the objective.  No relying on your team mates (unless playing as clan with defined roles) to do it for you, you must do it.  In kill confirmed that means firstly collecting more tags than deaths, and secondly doing it quicker than the enemy team.  From what I have read it sounds like you are doing the first part but maybe not the second, unless you win every single KC match of course.

monkeylord

InsideSwede wrote:

If my teammates grab 20% of the tags from my kills... I've contributed a lot to the team. 

Nope your team has contributed to your overall score and helped you to a win you wouldn't have got using the tactics you employ.

InsideSwede wrote:

Like someone said above.. there are the killwhores who get air support and farm tags all over the map.

Yeah if only this was the reality of KC it'd pure brilliance but time for reality to squash the delusion. The uncontrolled air support doesn't wait for a tag to be picked up before it rekills the person  removing the tag and putting it somewhere else also a heli can kill as much as it wants but the odds  of the tags being picked up are very low.

Reapers, and AC130s again serve very little purpose  for a few reasons first the operator  has little to no concern whether the tags they create are collected rather their focus is getting as many kills as they can. 2nd collecting a reapers tags is a nightmare due to the smoke much like when a pred hits just round the corner you walk into an area where the view is obscured. 3rd they often reset where the enemy is due to spawn and if the reaper operator is half decent suddenly the enemy has a fresh start and a chance to regroup.

InsideSwede wrote:

Per my stats, I have averaged 5-6 tags per game (lol).  This includes all of the games I join late.. or join in and go 0-0 (it's a lot since I play solo most of the time).`

Don't forget to subtract the denies you let happen and any deaths also your not the only one who joins rounds late or plays solo. I run solo and still manage 22 tags a round and go mostly positive.

Many others also seem to manage this impossible feat. If you don't put points into the pot you give nothing for the win and everything to the lose there is no other way to see it as it's just the way the mode is.

KC relies on tags being collected the better players chase the tags as thats where wins and kills are. The people not so good at it sit back and scab some kills. Fair enough most rounds you may not have directly hurt the team but you definately didn't contribute anything to the team other than the head ache of cleaning up after you.

What you fail to realize is that when we're losing.. I get more than 5 tags.. I get 10-20, easily.  When we are not in danger of losing, I make sure I play safer.

You're all failing to realize you CAN do both.  You can get tags just fine if you killwhore... but it's not necessary if you have a huge lead. 

EDIT: I use the AH-6 on all my classes..  and it helps me collect get kills nearby.  I don't use AC-130 or Reaper... check elite.  I may have got 10 kills with a reaper before.

monkeylord

The reaper wasn't aimed directly at you as i'm not sure what streaks you yourself choose I was more pointing out the flaw with certain assualt streaks that often appear within the mode.

One thing we can agree on is out of the choppers the AH-6 is very good for KC especially when its over the tag area.

The balance between kill whore and effective tag collection can be had but if your honest most kill whores don't try to hit that balance as they're more concerned with KD over a win and often sell out their teammates in the process.

For people getting into the mode especially solo I honestly believe the best way is to be a tag whore. It cancels out a lot of the deaths you get and teaches you both the flow of the mode and how best to controll it.

After that if you can nab 50 well placed kills which gives optimum chance for your team to at least grab most of the tags you create then at least that helps out.

But all to often the kill whore on your team just shuttles round the map aiming for streaks which can then further decrease your chance of a win.

Out of the two though i'm always gonna be the guy charging in for 3 tags because if I do die at least before I drop I can light up the enemy team with my recon and put some points in the bank.

I payed 60 dollars for the game don't tell me how to play the game I'll play the way I feel like it and in the process if I make u lose u need to suk it up there's my way then there's ur way

I can explain it to u but I can't understand it for u

Like someone else mentioned before, a good balance between killwhores and objective whores are needed in ANY objective mode, not just kill confirmed.

A killwhore will clear areas out and put up high end killstreaks that suppress the enemy team. The objective whore then runs in and cleans up the remaining tags/flags, take note that this would not have been as easily done had the killwhore not cleared the area first. In a strange way, they work together. A team full of killwhores will lose, period. A team full of objective whores could lose just as easily because they are giving away killstreaks/moabs and in doing so are giving away just as many tags. Therefore, a balance between the two is essential.

What annoys me the most though, is not the tag or kill whore, but the player not doing either. Far too often I will see a terrible player set up camp right next to a bunch of tags staring at them as if he would die if he had to collect them. This same player finishes the game with under 10 kills, over 10 deaths and maybe 1 tag collected (only if it was by accident). These are the players I do not want on my team. They clearly do not understand that they are worthless in this game mode and should either head to FFA or TDM.

sennalike

Having defended the objective player and still standing by what I have said, I think everyone should also remember there are a bunch of challenges.  There has to be scope in any match for accepting that sometimes players will be just trying to complete a challenge, I know I do it.  When I do go for a challenge then the objective becomes secondary, I am a man and can't do more than one thing at a time.

wridtrvlr

Let's see...how to play KC....

Kill and pick up tags.  If your team is losing, then you need to put your a$$ on the line more often than not to get those tags.  If your winning, hold back a little after that kill and be sure the coast is clear.  Nuff said. 

monkeylord

Way to ruin a perfectly good debate by being level headed and making clean conscise points lol. Many chase the MOAB I chase the round of KC where I manage 30+ kills and manage to both confirm all 30 and pick up enough denies to cancel out any deaths I suffer.

wridtrvlr

Yea, that's why we are beasts in that game mode.  We actually understand how to get the win.    Nice gaming with you the other week, BTW.  I truly despise CORE, but with a good team it makes things a little better. 

monkeylord

Yeah it was actually more fun being in a party than I rememberd although we normally avoid it as me and the missus know a lot of people don't like playing with split screeners on their team.

First round was a bit weird as suddenly people were going after the tags it took me a few minutes to adjust my route. If you're ever up for a bit of torture in core we're about most days it's the blessing of having a wife who games although now it's me who asks for the time out while she pffts and calls me some variation of lame ass.