7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 14, 2012 12:23 PM by SitRepPro RSS

Kill Confirmed: what counts towards killstreaks?

SitRepPro

So, what counts towards killstreaks/pointstreaks in this game mode?  Is it:

1. Kills you've confirmed yourself

2. Kills a teammate confirmed

3. Just a kill, even if denied

4. All of the above?

I don't know if option 3 works as I only play this sometimes during clan events and I always run support and always go for the tags, unless I know I'm dead certain going to be killed myself if I did so.  I would try it myself but I'd be guilty of not playing the objective so I rather not be a hypocrite.  If option 3 does count then I'll be on guard for anyone MOAB hunting.  No idea if the scoreboard shows both kills and confirmed kills though.  So if anyone can confirm which options count I'd appreciate it.

• Re: Kill Confirmed: what counts towards killstreaks?
    phxs72

For killstreaks it would be #3.  Also destroying enemy equipment and of course assualt killstreak kills that don't come from a care package.  In a clan op only the person that picks up the yellow tag scores towards the op but that has nothing to do with killstreaks.

TL_Bare_B_V2

phxs72 wrote:

For killstreaks it would be #3.  Also destroying enemy equipment and of course assualt killstreak kills that don't come from a care package.  In a clan op only the person that picks up the yellow tag scores towards the op but that has nothing to do with killstreaks.

What he said.

SitRepPro

phxs72 wrote:

Thank you for the clarification.  I didn't know assault killstreak kills went towards further killstreaks like in COD4.  I mentioned clan ops because I'm sure the killwhores will make it a priority to come online when a KC event is on because it might be easier to get high end killstreaks as people will be busting a gut to claim their tags so it counts towards their clan's overall score.  Just then I'll know what has happened if I'm in a game and enemy player gets a MOAB despite his/her team having half the score.  Plus, what's the point in using assault killstreaks if the tags aren't claimed anyway?  I had a Predator Missile kill me but I soon claimed my own tags back and I didn't use a Tactical Insertion to do it.  Don't mind being killed by a MOAB but I'd rather not be on their side for the next match.  I'll remember to play this game mode in a party team if possible.

phxs72 wrote:

Just to clarify something since the second sentence is ambiguous. Destroying enemy equipment means enemy killstreaks. Destroying claymores and radars (technically equipment) doesn't count toward killstreaks. Then he means that for the assault package, if you're using it, you can chain kills if you keep "earned" (non care package, non class switch) killstreaks. Destroying every support and assault killstreak bar ballistic vests counts towards a pointstreak (which is different from a killstreak; a killstreak is needed for getting a MOAB, while a pointstreak also incorporates the objective.

It would be cool if they made picking up tags count toward a streak. Obviously it would have to be a fair amount of tags to count as a "kill" or point I should say. It can be dangerous business being the tag collector.

they should make is so every 4 or like 6 tags you pick up (confirms or denies) count as a kill, and if youre using hardline it makes it 3 or 5. hardline pro should make it so if someone else confirms your kill, or picks up your tags that you lost, it would count towards the number of tags you picked up; and the number of tags you pick up should stack like support killstreaks so that if you die with picking up two tags that life, you only need two more to count as a kill.

SitRepPro

mufdasampson wrote:

It would be cool if they made picking up tags count toward a streak. Obviously it would have to be a fair amount of tags to count as a "kill" or point I should say. It can be dangerous business being the tag collector.

I agree.  I tend to run support on this game mode.  I could see some killwhores moaning at your suggestion because people like me will EMP their killstreaks until the game finishes.  But if they collect most of their tags it's likely they could beat me to an EMP.  If the scoreboard differentiated between kills and confirmed kills I could periodically check the current score during the match just to gate crash the party.