26 Replies Latest reply: Aug 16, 2012 10:01 PM by OG_Str8UpJack RSS

Headphones

Recently my bro gave me an idea. he said how he played some game on ps3 with headphones and the sound is great.

Today i was bored and i wanted to try it out. I inserted my coby headphones (got em with protable dvd player)
and its awesome! You can hear footsteps really easy and other sounds such as reloading,shooting its just awesome.

I enjoy it a lot but its hard to play with them since i ussually lay when i play with wii mote and tv is too far so i need to sit.

Feel uncomfortable when sitting and playing.

Well just try it,it is really great.

• Re: Headphones

WOW what an amazing discovery i play like that every nigth

codcanuck

Playing with headphones/the volume up on SnD and Demolition is awesome. You can actually hear the rustle of the bomb being planted/defused :D

Yeah, that's all I use on CoD. Look up, Universal Trittons Ax180. They work on all systems, including Wii, but the microphone doesnt work, best investment you'll ever look into

I would use headphones too if I had a decent set and an extension cord so I can actually sit in my usual location.  Btw how do you lay and play? o_O That would be so hard for me, I sit and find that rather easy.

Padiego

Most of us have discovered this by now. I guess you serbians are a little slow

Nah, i kid serbians.....

I can't play with headphones because my cord is too short

Exactly. :I  I'll just ask for some for xmas or something I guess.  If you turn your volume up a bit you can hear people anyways, I can hear reloads and footsteps sometimes...

I have headphones that are fancy noise canceling ones with a cord 5 feet long (I measured) and it's absolutely amazing. I can anticipate when people are coming around corners. The extra long cord gets annoying when you're sitting right next to your computer and you got extra cord everywhere.

Yeah well my new tv (Sony LCD 32 inchs,i bought it 2 years ago) has soo many features and all i do is watch movies and play games.

And i had no idea it has headphone to plug in since tv before that,was small square cr4p with only buttons.

With my potato nokia phone i got something that extends headphone cord which is awesome and very helpfull.

@RushedSnipe: Since i play while on bed i have tried sitting and its i think ti close to tv and half laying is good.

BlackMetroid95

Padiego wrote:

I can't play with headphones because my cord is too short

Among other things... Just kidding. I never tried using headphones, maybe it'll up my game a bit more and help me get on my way to MOAB number 6

Turtle Beache's are better Madhouse, Px21's.

Using headphones is extremely useful! It really feels weird listening to the audio from the TV after using headphones for a while.

like2nap03

Headphones or a good surround sound system cranked up.  You can hear everything with either one.  I have to stick with headphones though as the wife is usually asleep when I play.  Even if she was awake I don't know how much she could take of this game if I did crank up the surround sound.  It does sound awesome either way though.

BlackMetroid95

Do you play BO, or MW3? Is it better on MW3 because of its enhanced audio?

(Cause, IW did improve the audio, i'll give them that )

Padiego

No they didn't, it still sounds the same. I can't tell if people are above me or right in front of me(with sound...). Don't forget the gun still sound like freaking paintball guns.....

like2nap03

Well I disagree.  I think it's better in MW3.  I have a much easier time telling where enemies are in MW3 as opposed to black ops.  Oh, and the footsteps in black ops are horrible.  Sound like everyone has some kind of sticky mud on there boots.  Squishy noises all the time.

Anyway, in MW3 I think the sound is much better.  I can tell where people are, what direction they are running in, where they stopped moving at, all that.  If I pay enough attention to who is using what gun I can tell where enemy players are when they fire their weapon without needing the map.  Especially distinct sounding guns like the p90, type 95, ACR, or FMG9. 

I can't do that as well in Black Ops.  That may be because the maps are bigger and it's harder to tell where people are, but I think it's more than that.  The footsteps are definitely harder to make out though. 

Padiego

I don't know, the guns in MW3 all sound like pea shooters to me.

In black ops, they all sound like metal clinking.

like2nap03

Some of them do have a weird sound and they blend together, but others are very distinct to me.  Like the mp7 sounds like a pea shooter and so does the mp9 and they also blend in with the sound of the pp90.  Whereas if someone has a p90 it's very loud and distinct.  Same with the other guns I mentioned.  I can even hear and ACR with a silencer very well. 

I think another thing that helps in MW3 is the voices of the other teammates aren't as loud.  In Ops they yell "KILL Confirmed", and so does your character, all the time.  In MW3 when you kill someone your guy doesn't yell.  The other teammates do but it's doesn't sound like they are yelling in your ear. I like that. And the game also has that loud slamming noise when you achieve something.  That is less annoying than the yelling/musing playing sound you get when you achive something in MW3, but in Ops it happens ALL THE TIME.  Drives me nuts. That may be because I played that game less and now I'm always hitting some kind of achievement.  I don't even know what they are.  I just hate the noise and wish that crap popping up on the screen would stop.  I would much rather both games just tell me my achievements after that match.  Or at least just show a small message on the screen without a soundbyte.

As far as footsteps go MW3 has very distinct sounds depending on the surface the player is running on and I can pick that out much better with Sitrep or Dead Silence.  Like in Lockdown, you know how everyone camps in that one hallway?  I can sit at the end where the building is blown out and hear them enter the hallway at the other end.  I can tell where in the hall they stopped moving and go fire and rpg at them or I can wait for them to run all the way through and shoot them as they come through the doorway.  It's also REALLY easy to hear people sloshing through the snow on outpost.  Get tons of kills from that.  In Ops though the footsteps make this squishy, sort of crunchy, sound and I can't follow them as well.  All the extra character and achievement noises really don't help either.

nintendon't

Use Ninja Pro. It's better then Sitrep or Dead Silence. MW3 has better sounds without perks but slap on Ninja Pro in Black Ops and it's like having a UAV for your ears!

Padiego

By use ninja pro when you can use second chance?

like2nap03

I do use that and I guess the guns are hard to distiguish from each other in Ops because everyone is using the Famas.  I think it's hard for me to tell where they are because the maps are so big.  I'm gonna give it another go this week, really focus, and see how I do.  I don't know if everyone else uses dead silence on Nuketown but I can never hear footsteps on that map.

Headhphones and COD generally means an advantage if you can react and react accurately to where the sound is coming from.. I was using a larger set of cans ( studio style over ears ) until they recently broke on me.  I've been missing them big time.  

@nintendon't, I wouldn't ever want ninja pro with headphones.  BOPS was already set so you would hear the enemy fart from across the map.  I started using headphones playing BOPS and I'd be hearing things that sounded like they were directly behind me when they were actually not anywhere in direct line of sight yet.  MW3 is much better tuned ( audio ) for using headphones than BOPS was.