25 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2012 10:00 PM by xMRxNemo RSS

Is spawnkilling not considered cheating/exploiting?

creaper21

I reported a list of boosters to IWENFORCERS. 13 boosters and 6 spawnkillers. Had video evidence for each and every one. The boosters were reset, but not the spawnkillers.

They weren't just camping my spawn. They each set up a spot in Sabotage where they simply shot us in the head literally as we spawned. It continued for about a minute(I only stayed in the game so I could save the whole video and report them) until we broke out of it. If it's reset-worthy, I don't understand why these exploiters are not banned and reset? Especially when I have a video of them actually doing it!

Maybe IW just missed the video. Or maybe they just don't think it's bad enough to deserve a stat reset. But I personally think they should be punished for it. Especially since they did this on purpose with an organised team and plan, just trying to get easy and free kills.

K, I'm done.

• Re: Is spawnkilling not considered cheating/exploiting?
    jwaller123

Totally agree with you that they need to be punished. Many will argue with you on this I am sure. The spawns system is less then perfect I agree, but abusing it in such a manner as this is wrong. It is not fair to the individual at the other end. Especially the ones who have no idea what is going on and have racked up quite a few deaths before backing out. Those that know what this is can at least dashboard out of the game to save face.

Noob_Lyncher

Why do people keep making threads on this exact same thing. There was even a tweet a while back that spawn killing is bannable, and yet people still ask. The only reason that no one is getting banned for it right now is because of how IW has supposedly stopped banning people with the exception of serious gamebreaking infractions.

Jackky360

Good job for reporting them and getting the boosters reset. You've done us all a good service mate. Try sending in the video of the spawnkillers again or it's the same video as the boosters and it's just one video then tell them to focus on the spawnkillers at 3:06 at the video or whatever 

creaper21

Thanks a lot. And yeah, with the boosters, I usually spot them within seconds of joining the game so they will most likely notice them boosting in less than a minute. But the spawnkillers took about 3 or 4 minutes to set it up so I'll probably do what you said and hope for the best.

The thing is, they were NOT spawntrapping us as some people are thinking. They were spawnkilling us. As in, not giving us a chance to move because we die instantly.

starbuckfrack

If they were killed from a distance from the spawn point then that really very likely would not be a violation.

A moderator in the Blops forum said that "If you find yourself stabbing someone as they spawn then you need to step back" and stated there is a fine line between legit gameplay and an exploit.

The people getting a headshot or three most likely never crossed that line because there was a chance to get out of the trap. Which you said that you were able to do that.

Next time you want to add an opinion, try doing a search and looking through those posts and add your opinion at the end. This topic was answered more than a year ago. AND on twitter.

creaper21

No, they set up position literally inches away from our spawn points. Headshot after headshot. I only got out because I had quickdraw pro and spammed frags every time I spawned(cool way to get out of it if you ask me, haha).

And if they answered it, then why aren't they doing anything about it? Clearly, they didn't answer correctly.

markocc

I mostly consider it incompetent programming.

Only to those who get spawn killed.

muffscm

spawn killing is the biggest chicken shizness people who do this are lame and do deserve to have stats reset and banned. they take away from the fun and then proceed to talk trash for instance i just turned off the xbxo cause of this why cause everytime i respawned some douche knifed me in the back 3 times in a row before i could take a step and says to me you suck ******. well kind sir i was host and i left and he proceeded to talk trash. i will not put up with it nor will i play it ill leave turn off the box or just find another match i wont even report it cause iw not gonna do anything. but they will always be around so all i can say is find a new match avoid the player block his messages if he sends them to you and try to forget bout it.

zingaa

I wasn't aware spawn killing was bannable? It's a scumbag move to do, but bannable?? Don't players know how to get out of a spawn trap??

it is bannable, and its normally  d bags that do it because if they play legit, tey barely make a 1.0 kd if that, so they team up with each other, set claymores at spawn points and ADS on an enemy spawn.. pretty nooby ..

they can get banned, but I have yet to see anyone I reported for it be banned.. I can get out of a trap, but normally my random team lacks the abilty to, they rather sit in the spawn when im trying to get out, so I die

muffscm

a little hard to get out of it when the guy sits directly behind which way your gonna face or a few feet away with a gun pointed at right where you are gonna respawn and the second you come back in bang dead so im sure you can see how that is a little hard to get out of. me though ill just leave and find another lobby.

electricfuneralfire

Being spawn killed is different that being spawn trapped. If your being spawn killed its because your team is scattered throughout the map alowing you to spawn directly by an enemy. The enemy doesnt purposely make you spawn right there.

When your being spawn trapped, the enemy team is contolling half the map or more and knows where you will spawn and in turn knows what direction you will come from and even knows the paths you have to take to get there.

electricfuneralfire

I have to disagree that it is or should be a punishable offense. For one it is definately not cheating as it is within the confines of the game. The term exploiting could be used but people find and use exploits in games and competitions all the time. Thats what competition is all about, no need for examples here as there are many and im sure everyone can think of their own.

I play pure solo, and ive ran into teams trying spawn trap. More power to them I say. Alot of times they win due to lack of experience on my team. Sure, they can truly exploit an inexpeienced player to the max, but it is still within the dynamics of the game. It like saying a basketball team who runs a full court press is cheating because the other team lacks the knowledge to beat the full court press.

your completely wrong

if you want to use an example or an analogy, then use it right

spawn killing is equivilent to

if a basketball team is never given the opportunity to get possession of the basketball, they can never score a point..

spawn killing is a form of boosting/exploit.. is using a  flaw in the game to get kills.

if getting out of the map like using knife lunge gets you banned, so will spawn killing..

electricfuneralfire

If a basketball team doesnt know anything about a full court press they man never be able to throw the ball in bounds in order to score a point so the anaology is pretty spot on. But this is besides the point as there are many more examples of exploits in competition.

I keep seeing this phrase; Spwn trapping is cheating/exploiting. Well which one is it? Cheating or exploiting. Cheating and exploiting are two different things.

Spawn trapping is just a fancy term for a whole team who camps half the map. If anything a team who is "spawn trapping" is, yes indeed, exploiting less experienced and random teams.

electricfuneralfire

PS

In your exmaple of a basketball team that never gets the ball and therefore never gets a chance to score a point, that is not in the dynmics of the game unless the opposing team enforces it with awesome defense just like a good team who enforces a good spawn trap. All are within the dyamics of the game.

it was already confirmed in a different post that IW considers it cheating

spawn killing vs spawn trapping are different

spawn killing is an when someone is on the other teams spawn ADS'ing and waiting for the enemy team to respawn

spawn trapping is like caping 2 flags and controlling the spawn AREA in which the other team spawns back in.. which is okay to do... ( I find it stupid aswell) but it was confirmed you could do that

its simple.. spawn killing is like not letting the team onto the court right when they try to.. only way to get offense opportunity is if  they can jump on the court and steal the ball as soon as they get on  ( not likely)

electricfuneralfire

I have honeslty never seen a team manage to spawn kill a whole team for a whole match or even for part of a match. There are so many different areas to spawn it seems it would be impossible. But, to me, if a team can some how control the spawns like that, then that is immpressive. The only time ive ever been spawn killed or seen someone be spawn killed is when their whole team is scattered all over the map because of lack of team work and organization of course causing one to spawn by a enemy.

Sure you could post a vid of a team spawn killing another team, but unless I see it for myself in an actual public match or game I particiapte in then its a private/fake match in my eyes.

Been playing since CoD 4 and never seen organized spawn killing.

it is very common for clans/parties to spawn kill an entire match. I personally see it everytime I play.. I dont think I have ever played a night, and not see a team spawn killing..

I dont see anything impressive about knowing where the spawns are, setting a claymore down on them, then go to an open spawn, hide behind a box ads"ing at the spawn and get tons of kills.. my 5 year old nephew can do that..

impressive is being able to play the objective get nice kd's, maybe even a moab and get the win.. basically playing the game the way it was INTENDED

electricfuneralfire

The spawns flip on MW3 way easier then they do on other CoD's. Meaning if a team is holdin down half a map, if one person goes barely pushes the other teams spawn point the spawns will flip and that team will have people spawing behind them. On MW2 teams could push way up past B on Dom and not have people spawn right behind them.

When a team is "spawn trapping" the opposing team is spawing on the other half of the map while the team that is spawn trapping has choke points and flank routes on lock down. Sure the team that is being spawn trapped can have players that die within 5 seconds of spawning because they walk out into a sight line as soon as they spawn, but surely they only make that mistake a couple of times at most.

Now im sure i could be wrong and if you post a vid I would watch but im a believe only half of what you see type person.

I have seen someone be able to intentionally spawn kill someone else in one spot in the MW3 version of Terminal but that is the only one spot ive ever been able to see someone ADS at a spawn point and kill people.

Thunderstrike75

i assure you in the game i was it was 4 of them, same clan tag in yellow, carbon i think and they were one on each spawn point right behind it, two with strikers one with a p90 and the other one with a tactical knife. and i tried turning around and dropping grenades and couldnt get out of it. i think i do have the video...i didnt even check i just quit and went to another match.

Thunderstrike75

I think i was in the same game for about 3 min. also reported them but i highly doubt there will be any punishment.

and yeah they had every spawn point covered and it was for way more than a minute. i even left the kill cam run each time see if they moved. nope they stayed there for the whole time.

I was trying to get the challenge for sabotage, but i quit, 50 games no way. there is no worse game mode than that. spawn point campers and bomb campers its just stupid.

Hell in one of the games the guy in my team was angry at me for winning the game by planting the gun and taking care of the whole damn enemy team till it wxploded...because he wanted kills...and he even dares specify he usually gets 70-80 kills....wth.

coltfirearms

If quickscoping is not cheating then spawn killng is not cheating either.

don't hate the player, hate the game! yeah it's lame, but I doubt IW will ban anybody because of their crappy developing.