48 Replies Latest reply: Aug 25, 2012 12:40 AM by BigMac93 RSS

Terminal needs to be terminated

Yamesx2

Has anyone one noteced that every second game is on terminal tonight? I get it. It's a terrible map brought back to annoy people. But did you know that there is no way to remove it from the shuffle like the other bad DLC maps. It is apparently considdered core. So since we're being forced to play it every second game anyone wanna quit playing COD for a while?

• Re: Terminal needs to be terminated
    mdm123456789

Nope, only you. The maps aren't that bad and terminal is a good map. Sorry dude.

ots_dj3nvy

Sorry man but Terminal isn't going anywhere. And take yor own advice and take a break.

Terminal is a good map but not the best. I don't mind playing it and I'm sure others don't mind either.

Also why are you complaining about a map in rotation coming up every second game or so? Just be happy with what you got and play the game don't let it play you.

if you dont like terminal you can disable the map

Doesn't make me wanna quit CoD but the amount of times I've played terminal tonight is crazy

GALACT1C0s117

I get terminal a lot I don't mind playing it for a few games but after a while it gets annoying, (the amount of times I get terminal is too damn high lol)

I was playing a couple hours ago. Every other map was Terminal. Every single time, people would either camp in the plane or on top of that one platform. It doesn't make me want to quit playing, but it's really frustrating when thats the only map people want to play. And I hate when people camp!

belome921

I like terminal, so it dosnt bother me if it comes up often.

ChestSplittah

No I do not.

RegicidalI

Honestly, what was infinity troll thinking bringing back a map from MW2? Hasn't anybody noticed back then where EVERYONE would camp in the plane? Exactly what fucktards are doing now in mw3, I agree that this map should be terminated... I mean I don't see why they braught back this piece of **** of a map instead of highrise

vincezero

Now I never really heard people calling for Terminal to come back. I guess after a while the novelty will wear off. At least the map was free. People would have something to say no matter what map they brought back. Wonder how much more they would complain if the brought back rust.

BigMac93

The only game mode I actually loved in this game was Drop Zone, because there were far fewer ACR or MP7s, less campers, and less people using assassin. Now that terminal's in, I despise it because every second lobby is Terminal. Only three drop zones + horrible, predictable spawns + every 2nd game = drop zone is RUINED now. Too many tactical inserting snipers head glitching + camping anywhere trying to get "feeds" and "trickshots"... They really f***d up drop zone for me and many of the people on my friends list who played it for the same reason. I feel like they need to make terminal as frequent as every other map, or add more drop zones to terminal, there are at least 3 MORE spots I could think of that would be more than adequate. Resistance has SEVEN drop zones, Terminal has 3? It's lazy of them to do that...

I don't mind playing it, its just another map. Not sure why people like it so much. Its just coming up far too often. 4 games in a row it was selected and how many maps are there including DLC !!!

Please turn the frequency down a bit thats all

phxs72

I don't mind the map but it is quite frustrating when you are trying to maximize your points on a clan op and every other game is on Terminal with everybody camping their butts off.  I realize that it's high in the rotation because it's new and everybody wants to play the new map.  So I'm hoping that once the novelty wears off, it won't be coming up as much.  Granted I don't mind playing it just to play it.  It's different and with all of the practice that I got on it over the weekend, I think that I've got a pretty good plan on how to approach it.  I'm just glad the clan ops are over for a few days.  So that I can relax and just have fun with these new maps.

i dont liek the map on because its a huge spawn killing  camper session.. its just no fun

rlbl

Try different game modes. I could never play TDM on it, and Dom can be a mess.

DZ (or a similar game type like HQ) is not too bad. Not going to say there is no camping (because some people just do, and that is their game), but if you want to win... you have to move and cap.

EDIT: There is one problem with DZ on terminal:  If you spawn at the metal detectors you are right on the 1st DZ and if you are on a good team you can easily keep the enemy off of it.  As well, there are only 3 zones... weird because the map feels larger than DOME, which has 5 zones.

Surprised there is not a Terminal 24-7 or been a Dome 24-7  !

rlbl

Since Terminal was released, it has been Terminal 24/7

I as well have experience playing the map 4-5 times in a row because everyone votes for it when it is in the rotation.. and it is in the rotation almost every time in every lobby!

wridtrvlr

RL, have you played any KC lately?  Is it as rampant there?  I am curious as I haven't been on in a while. 

rlbl

I played 2 games. It was not bad but...

The map must be a lot smaller than it seems because when I would break away from my team I always ended up in the enemy spawn. There was no way to flank a single player or two.  Everyone always seemed to be "lumped" together if you see what I am getting at.

wridtrvlr

That map has always been super small.  I remember the MW2 days where it was just a tube fest in the hallway!!!  Although reading lots of negativity from this forum, I'm still excited to be able to play that map with the MW3 game dynamics.  Going back to MW2 you feel like a snail.   

I F-ing hate Terminal and it was coming up so frequently that after playing it, it would come up as a map option again immediately after.  I'm not saying to take it out of the rotation, but slow it down a bit.  Changing game modes did not help.

What do people like about this map?  I played CTF, KC, Dom, TDM on this map and no matter what the game type, people just hide and snipe or headglitch behind the counter tops.  I changed my play style to accomodate, but if I wanted to play a slow-paced FPS I'll put BF3 in.

creaper21

I like the map. It's really not bad. But I just don't want to be playing it every other game. Give me some variety. I think they were making it come up more since it was a new map, but they should tone it down a little bit.

Izjar11

Has anyone one noteced that every second game is on terminal tonight? I get it. It's a terrible map brought back to annoy people. But did you know that there is no way to remove it from the shuffle like the other bad DLC maps. It is apparently considdered core. So since we're being forced to play it every second game anyone wanna quit playing COD for a while?

And what do you plan on doing about it? Instead of complaining why not accept and figure out how to play the map better! Quit playing guy, no one cares.

I will play about any map that is selected to play, but to the OP's point this map comes up way too often in the 'rotation.'  It actually came up immediately after playing on it for me several times.  When it didn't, it would come up again after the next game.

Say you hate Downturn, but you play it because the lobby selected it.  Game ends and it comes up immediately again, and it's selected again.  You play and then after the next game it's Downturn again.  After a couple hours of this, you might be a little angry.

Plus saying 'no one cares;' please don't speak for the rest of us.

Thesandman

There is no pleasing some people! they want an old favourite brought back,and then moan when it comes up a lot in rotation. Back out of the lobby if you don't want to play it.

iHerNz

Holy crap, exactly why I came to the forums. Glad I'm not the only one lol...  It seems all I play is Terminal! Yesterday I played Terminal domination. Not bad.... Next map. Hmm, Terminal kill confirmed LMAO so I did, team didnt do no team work so I got tired of it and left.  joined another game... guess what map was on????  TERMINAL are you kidding me!!?

PLEASE FIX IT! yup cap locks

PS:  i like terminal its just a little bit too much lol

Terminal seems to be every second map....

I really wish they had asked the community to vote for which map from MW2 they wanted back - I would have voted "Afghan" all day - much better map than "Terminal".

I was still excited to get "Terminal" back - but people are camping it worse than they did in MW2 - hopefully people will move around more once they get used to it again.

robsstang wrote:

I really wish they had asked the community to vote for which map from MW2 they wanted back - I would have voted "Afghan" all day - much better map than "Terminal".

I was still excited to get "Terminal" back - but people are camping it worse than they did in MW2 - hopefully people will move around more once they get used to it again.

As long as Rust wasn't in the running. That map was nothing but quickscoping. Otherwise, I completely agree with this.

DaShuk2381

Only problem with terminal is the map is ruined on MW3 and people just camp all day long and hard scope. MW2 might have been a tube fest but at least you could walk 3 feet w/o getting shot by some hiding little sissy and play some run & gun, but now people just sit in the plane and in the bookstore and the game ends with the score being like 4500-3700 because nobody moves.

screamin_4orks

TROLL!