1 2 3 4 Previous Next 110 Replies Latest reply: Oct 9, 2012 6:38 PM by gomez615 Go to original post RSS
  • 11. Re: Am I the only one dissapointed that Support streaks won't be back?
    vims1990

I'm glad it's gone & that Treyarch has stuck to the traditional scorestreak lineup instead of seperating them out into 3 packages.

EMP spam & Multi-No Skill Bombers was an issue in MW3.

• 12. Re: Am I the only one dissapointed that Support streaks won't be back?
    banned-again

its going to be a big miss for objective players like myself so i guess all the campers and objective kill whores will be the one reaping the benifits while i get my ass handed to me while capping flags and shooting stuff down

• 13. Re: Am I the only one dissapointed that Support streaks won't be back?
    smokesdope

Nope and good riddance tired of the stealth bomber getting spammed and bad players getting rewarded with multi-kills .

• 14. Re: Am I the only one dissapointed that Support streaks won't be back?
    vims1990

banned-again wrote:

its going to be a big miss for objective players like myself so i guess all the campers and objective kill whores will be the one reaping the benifits while i get my ass handed to me while capping flags and shooting stuff down

With how the scorestreak system works, it benefits objective players more than it does to campers & slayers in objective game modes.

Take Domination for example. A player sitting in a corner nowhere near the objective won't rank up scorestreak points as fast as someone who is capping the flag & racking up kills + offense/defense points.

Vahn sums up the scorestreak system perfectly:

Kill scoring events are variable. Value of kill + Objective modifier = Total score earned towards streak.

Slayers still get paid. But slayers helping their team win get paid more. Good game.

https://twitter.com/DavidVonderhaar

• 15. Re: Am I the only one dissapointed that Support streaks won't be back?
    iivrruummii

I am pretty sure that you earn more xp for capturing a flag, planting a bomb, etc. than getting a kill.  So playing the object and being a good player actually earns you good killstreaks.  No more people going 20-30 with the support package that hardly go after objectives getting Stealth bombers and EMPs.  THANK GOD.

Scorestreaks...can't wait until BO2.

• 16. Re: Am I the only one dissapointed that Support streaks won't be back?

Well count me in for someone else who is bummed to not have the support killstreak improvement. I too am one of those guys who rushes objectives like in demolition and who also supports the team by maintaining a NO FLY ZONE when I am in the match easily dipatching UAV, care package helicopters, Pave Lows, Osprey Gunners, and Ac-130's !!

This usally makes a HUGE difference to the success of my team ! Even if I take a couple extra deaths to get rid of that pesky AC-130 or to get the BOMB planted !

• 17. Re: Am I the only one dissapointed that Support streaks won't be back?
    banned-again

still cant see it changing the way people play, objective players will still be the one suffering for play the objectives and dying trying to win while everyone else is calling in streaks left, right and centre and padding their k/d ratio

• 18. Re: Am I the only one dissapointed that Support streaks won't be back?

I'm glad it's gone... yes it could reward players who actually support the team and stay back to defend flags and jump out in the open, risking their lives to take down air support but 90% of the time on MW3 you see it being used on gamemodes like TDM and Free For All where people are rushing and not supporting at all but instead abusing the system and getting killstreaks that mainly benefit themselves.

For those complaining how they used it to support their team and still get rewarded well I am sure BO2 will not be as bad as it seems, you will be rewarded more points than the slayers for what you do and with the greater customisation it should be easier than ever. Yes it will be hard to reach those high scorestreaks but it will be for everybody else also, it will be easiest for those who run and gun but also maintain playing the objective but for you support guys you can target those support scorestreaks not the high ones such as the Lodestar (excluding the EMP, it is most likely high because it is really powerful like it was in MW3 but hardly anyone would realise because most people run Assassin) A UAV for example in Dom would take a run and gunner 6+ kills consecutively depending if they help cap the first flag, however for support guys it takes 1 cap and 2 defender kills to get a UAV and even less than that if you have Hardline on.

• 19. Re: Am I the only one dissapointed that Support streaks won't be back?

The thing is, people who use Assault can be just as bad, their precious k/d just doesn't reflect it.

How does camping for a 9-KS Reaper that destroys everyone with explosives from above take anymore skill than rushing for an 18-point EMP that literally can't even kill anyone?

Plus, it seems like the Support streak everyone always complains about is the Stealth Bomber. If that wasn't in the package, would you still complain?

1 2 3 4 Previous Next