32 Replies Latest reply: Aug 25, 2012 11:17 AM by BanHaMMer RSS

Is there any hackers in PS3??

GALACT1C0s117

Ok so first of all i'm not going to complaint that I died a lot and all that. I'm just curious if there are hackers in the PS3 version. Like wallhack or aimbot?? I asked this because sometimes it seems like people already know where I am and the exact positions... I was flanking one time and this guy just tured around to the direction I was coming from and went prone like he already knew I was coming, even though I had Assassin Pro on( I used it to flank and rush) other times they start like pre firing even before they see me, can this also be lag?? Again I'm not complaining about getting killed by someone but sometimes it's a little suspicious... and i'm just curious about it...

PS: don't worry I won't call anybody a hacker for killing me lol

• Re: Is there any hackers in PS3??

Yes there are hackers on the ps3 but its more then likely that the people are sound whoring with headphones(using sitrep pro), or they have out radars/UAV and you're not using assasin or you could you have been tagged with recon....lots of possibilities before id blame it on hacking...hope that helps

smokesdope

There are no Aimbots ,wall hacks on PS3 or Xbox .

IndyOldGuy

you know this how?  Just curious...
      I have seen a guy with silencers on fmg akimbos, on ps3, and just recently came across a guy with red dot, silencer, and rapid fire on an MK14, dont know how he got 3 attachments unless using modded control to gain rapid fire

zvers

Dude, are you just saying 'rapid fire' because he was able to fire quickly? I have a mean 'spaz' in my trigger finger too but I don't use a turbo controller or rapid fire. You can see this with the Barrett. Some people can just hit the button really fast.

u all wrong we have hacker and big LAAAG (hacked titles)  IW dont care

wridtrvlr

Most everything you find fishy on PS3 can only be one thing...LAG.  The lag issues plus match making fail in place right now makes everything seem like the other person was hacking. 

Also, think about people with headsets and ****.  Your example of trying to flank that guy and him knowing where you were could've been me.  I just got a headset last week and it's stepped up my gameplay tremendously.  You can hear EVERYTHING and enemies stomping around without dead silence on are VERY easy to hear. 

I keep it real, I know sometimes I am on the good side of lag and sometimes I am not.  When I am on the good side, if the enemy has a mic on, he is screaming about lag.

Stephen_0u5

There are cheaters/hackers and anybody who says different is just trying to make everyone else believe their BS so they can still think that people aren't wising up and so they feel better about themselves with being garabage cheaters.

GALACT1C0s117

Yesterday I saw a type 95 and when I went to pick it up it said (type95 m38) that was like the name of the gun but I never seen the other letters have any of you guys seen something similar??

zvers

Why, because you need an excuse and you can't accept the fact you were outplayed? It's ok to loose buddy. If you don't learn from your mistakes, you will just keep "running through that door" and getting owned. LAG is the only issue on consoles. I used to play CoD on PC. Try that out and you will see first hand what 'cheating' is really like. It's obvious as hell.

GALACT1C0s117

Like I said in the post I'm not complaining about getting outplayed i'm just curious about it. I'm not the best player and I know I get outplayed  and I accept the fact that there are people better then me. The example I posted was something that was a little suspicious to me but again I'm not calling anybody a hacker and, I was being curious about it.

7ate9

ill tell u how ppl know

1. remember when u got flashed/stunned randomly well that person had recon and knew where u were at.

2.they are using portable radars

3. they have headsets

4. common ******* sense, if my team is all facing one direction im going to watch for the flank

5. spidey sense, some have it others dont

If i have assasin on and someone just turns around and kills me, i usually check the killcam to see if that player has siterp pro, because with a good headset and siterp pro u can hear enemies footsteps very loud.

Of course there is recon pro and recon drone that can tag you and show u on the enemies map.

To be honest i can't say 100% percent that there are hackers on the ps3 mw3 but it definitely has a lot of lag after the latest updates and the matchmaking system is terrible.

Universal lobbies all the time and instant deaths...always 1-2 seconds behind on the killcam.

Snotnose

Just watch killcams, it's obvious wallhacks are there and probably aimbots (harder to prove an aimbot tho).  I'd say there are at least 2 cheaters per game, usually more.  This has nothing to do with hearing footsteps, and I check their loadouts to see if they have recon pro and such.  Footsteps don't help when you're behind 2-3 walls and they're tracking your progress, nor when you're camped and they zero in on you.

Does reporting them really do any good, or is IW just trying to get me to buy DLC by telling me they're banning people?  I won't spend another dime on MW2/MW3 until the cheating issue is greatly diminished, if not resolved completely.

They also need to change the reporting system.  Too many cheaters quit as soon as the game ends, so you have to go into the final score and write down their names, then email it to IW.  The really obnoxious ones quit a minute or so before the game ends.

mrtmb55

Don't kid yourself, the people that wrote this game know how to give themselves special powers. This knowledge gets out and for a select few lobbies get infected.

turbooo1

not seen any wallhacks so far, recently been playing drop zone. had some people on there getting 12 headshots ina row, nothing new there >.>

i have seen some pretty crazy stuff but it all can be explained by lag, recon pro, sitrep pro,or just glitch's. just because there mic isnt plugged in doesnt mean they are not using a headset. i have not seen a legit hack in multiplayer yet.. private match yes

rlbl

Nobody has seen anything in a public match.

Nobody can provide proof, because there isn't any.

A simple vid showing someone walking around having the gun insta-aim on someone and getting headshot after headshot would be great evidence. We have never seen it, because it doesn't exist.

Everything we HAVE seen can easily be explained by :

- lag (like when you hide for cover and you get insta-shot from someone you can't see). People yell "Hack!" but fail to realize that from the hosts point of view, they saw exactly where you hid and fired on you before you were completely out of sight.

That is lag, and lag compensation (from the point of view of the person who is behind the action).

- Recon and Recon Drone

- Marksman (yeah some people have said there was a wallhack and showed someone wearing marksman)

- Posting 3 spy planes in the air (creates a AUAV, and couple with that with people tagged by a drone you have the effects of an SR71)

Don't believe it? Prove it.  I am not afraid to apologize publicly and will eat my words when someone can show any solid evidence of a hack in a MW3 PS3 public match.

* be aware that a game glitch (like a wall breach) is not a hack.

wridtrvlr

I've been using Marksman lately and taking people out from WAAAAY across the map with my SMG's...  People have to think that I am hacking.  I'm talking about the distance a sniper rifle should be taking out guys and I'm over here with my SMG and sometimes getting headshots to boot! 

And I agree with you 100% RL.  When someone finally posts some legit public lobby gameplay of a hack, I'll admit defeat.  They keep watching these youTUBE videos of PC and failBOX being hacked and think that PS3 is as well.  It's just not true.  I'll be waiting!!

Message was edited by: wridtrvlr

Snotnose

How do I get video and upload it to utube then?  I see cheaters all the time using wallhacks.

I mostly play free for all as I don't have a mic, team games may have less cheating (but from the few I've played I think they have just as many cheaters).

I also don't understand how 2-3 of you can swear up and down there are no cheats.  Again, watch killcams.  Seriously.

Killcams are only part of the story.  A lot of people have spawns memorized in certain modes (FFA, especially) and can rush from spawn to spawn mowing people down.  No wall hack.  *Note: I don't do this.  I have read it is fairly common, however.

Also, some people pre-fire or pre-ADS around corners, especially in high-traffic areas, which can seem like a, "How did he know I was there?" moment, but really are just strategy and some luck that you happened to be there.

For example, I was playing Outpost and ran down the ramp in the middle of the map.  As I neared the bottom, over the top railing of the walkway heading to C flag, I saw someone's head poking over as they ran towards my end of the walkway and then I lost sight of them due to the camera angle.  I quickly ADSed and "followed" where I thought the person was running behind the wall and, sure enough, killed them the second he ran out from behind the wall.

It was the final kill.  You know what it showed the room?  It missed the first part where you could see his head.  All anyone in the lobby saw was me ADS and "follow" along the wall, shooting the second he came out the other side.  To me, I could understand someone viewing that as a "wall hack" or perma-radar or whatever, but it was just circumstance.  (No one in the room said anything about it, but I thought it was an interestingly coincidental killcam).

Personally, in all of my play-time, I have never legitimately suspected another player of cheating on the PS3.  But, that's just my two cents, anyway.

BanHaMMer

Because some of us know things you don't.

cheating is not hacking, recon pro maybe?

Another good point, BanHaMMer. 

Recon, Recon Drone and Revenge (Deathstreak) also highlight you on radar or through walls.  Also, if you aren't running Blindeye and the other team calls in a Predator Missle, Osprey, etc., they can give position call-outs to their team, too.

death-dignity

Well, there was already hackers caught on Xbox for a fact. But Im not sure on Ps3 nor PC, but there probably is.