Hadn't posted anything new lately because it seems every subject has been covered, the endless "I can't stand campers" the "lag has ruined my life" the new "terminal is from hell" to the spam clan invites and best weapon choices threads.
Very few who post here have constructive words and advice such as they are in my opinion, ghamorra, rlbl, wridtrvlr, banhammer, dannytanner, and a few others write some good stuff and respond with decency. (if I left those few others out apologies)
Well I wanted to touch a subject that is has been spoken about but with less intensity. Age and gaming (this is my second thread on the subject)
Here are some facts I found (citation bottom of thread)
- The average gamer is 37 years old, and has been playing games for 12 years. (Wow! I don't feel like such a grandpa now!)
- The average game buyer is 41 years old.
- In 2011, 29 percent of Americans over the age of 50 play video games, an increase from nine percent in 1999.
- 72 percent of American households play video games. (100 percent of my household plays games.)
- 42 percent of gamers are women.
- Adult women represent a greater portion of the game-playing population (37 percent) than boys age 17 or younger (13 percent).
- Seventy-six percent of all games sold in 2010 were rated "E" for Everyone, "T" for Teen, or "E10+" for Everyone 10+.
- Forty-five percent of parents reported playing video games with their children on a weekly basis,
- nine out of ten parents saying they pay attention to the content of the games their children play
- 68 percent of parents believe that games provide mental stimulation or education value
- 57 percent believe games encourage their family to spend time together.
- 54 percent believe that games helps their children connect with friends.
- 65 percent of gamers play games with other gamers in person.
- 55 percent of gamers play games on their phones or handheld devices
- 86 percent know of the ESRB and 98 percent are confident in its accuracy and recommendations.
- Consumers spent $25.1 billion on game content, hardware and accessories in 2010.
Interesting facts, the older we get the more games we are playing. I grew up on video games so playing these war based titles is natural for me. And as an adult I accept its faults and fun factor without complain about them (as much).
But it seems that our younger generation of gamers are way to demanding, overly critical and simply annoying. This is not an attack on all younger gamers just those who truly can't tell the difference when someone tells them yes and no.
Another interesting fact is there are as many female gamers here, and they complain allot less than the male gamers. Why is that?
We are all gamers, just enjoy what the game has to offer, kill/get killed (its ok) blow things up, blow people up, shoot shi-t down, run or hide just know its a game and there are many more important things that are worth you getting upset at, raging or coming here and cussing the developers out.
happy hunting COD.
johnson, S. (n.d.). Esa's gamer study: Average player 37; 42 percent of gamers female. Retrieved from http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/713502/esas-gamer-study-average-player-37- 42-percent-of-gamers-female/