5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2012 9:34 AM by rankismet RSS

Poinstreaks tailored to gamemode...

rankismet

Looks like we should hear less about kill whoring in objective games to get killstreaks.

Kill scoring events are variable. Value of kill + Objective modifier = Total score earned towards streak.

— David Vonderhaar (@DavidVonderhaar) August 20, 2012

I love this idea... and sounds a lot like mine from more than a year... not taking credit but just prophetic.

Point Streaks

Streak rewards are based on points earned and not just kills. Points are earned from kills, assists, objectives, and enemy equipment/streak destruction.
  • Streaks are tailored to different playlists.
    • What it takes to get 3 point streak in TDM may be 5 points in Domination.
  • Kills by streaks do not count as team kills in Hardcore modes.
  • They are stackable and selectable.
  • They do not chain.
  • Do not carry over between rounds in round based modes.
  • Take multiple hits from a launcher to be destroyed
  • Re: Poinstreaks tailored to gamemode...
    banned-again

is this confirmed stuff or just your take on what might happen ?

i like that they are going to make them stackable and selectable in the order you want to use them but i dont like the rest

StubbornLeech07x

I have to say that when I was watching the stream and heard David Vonderhaar mention that they were finally rewarding more points for objectives than kills I was rather happy.  I am sure there will still be people who will kill whore in objective game modes, looking to up their K/D.

nicedrewishfela

I think this, hand in hand with the Pick 10 Create A Class System, is a game changer.  Finally rewarding people who play the objective and work for and with their teammates.

In Ghost Recon Future Soldier they also had a system in place where completing objectives and other various teamwork actions earned you more XP than a simple kill. However, many people still spawn camped and kill wh0red, completely ignoring objectives.

In that game there were no kill/point streak rewards though. I'm hopeful that because there are tangible rewards in BO2, that more people will PTFO, if only because they want more points.

rankismet

BEANTOWN wrote:

In Ghost Recon Future Soldier they also had a system in place where completing objectives and other various teamwork actions earned you more XP than a simple kill. However, many people still spawn camped and kill wh0red, completely ignoring objectives.

In that game there were no kill/point streak rewards though. I'm hopeful that because there are tangible rewards in BO2, that more people will PTFO, if only because they want more points.

Camper's gonna camp. Killwhore's gonna killwhore.

Maybe we'll hear less about it.