32 Replies Latest reply: Sep 21, 2012 3:48 PM by codbig_boss RSS

Clan hoppers & dead weight

Just curious, how many others on here have problems with people in their clan that never compete in clan challenges. ( we have 40 members & over half do not compete) Or my favorite, someone bugs you to let them join, then as soon as they get in and get their titles & emblems they bail.

• Re: Clan hoppers & dead weight
    ghamorra

The problem I noticed with a lot of clans that are out there is how they obtain people. It's all about the bragging rights, "I have a level 40 clan, join me. We have a YouTube channel, and a website". Clans are in it for the glamour.

That's cool and all but do you even enjoy playing with them? Do you win your matches? Probably not. I enjoy the clan that I'm in. We're a good team no matter who's playing or what gamemode we play. We work together and get sh*t done, talk to eachother outside of CoD, and actually take interest in eachothers lives. We're all friends. The clan has been around for a couple years and I only know of 2 people that have left

Izjar11

that's cool and all but do you even enjoy playing with them?

This is huge, you should be able to enjoy the clan your in. If not your wasting your time.

jwaller123

Exactly!! I was in a lobby the other night that had a 5 man clan in it. All they did was cuss, piss and moan at everyone....even with each other. One dude was camping a corner, I shot the guy coming out the door, someone behind me shot him and me both. I got yelled at for not protecting his flank. Lol. Guess he should have been watching himself if you ask me. Then a couple minutes later some dude just yells out...I HATE GREEN ARROWS...Hmmm, Guess they should have found a sixth man to run with and they wouldn't have to deal with a random on their team.

Best part of all of the yelling and cussing was that we were winning!! They bashed on the other team for stopping their killstreaks....HAHAHAH...HELLO!!! That's kind of what they are supposed to be doing. Lol.

rlbl

I was in a clan with people I played comfortably with since BO. We were 7 people.

The leader and his gf got new jobs and stopped playing, and the rest of the members are sick of MW3, so I moved clans. 

Then I learned something: playing with people you know, or playing solo, is much better than playing with random people you meet if you do mesh well.  After moving to 2 clans I figured this out and went back to my original clan.

Although we still barely play together, our clan is now level 11 (not much, but we went from level 8 to 11 on my efforts alone).  I figure that when BO2 comes out, they will be on more and then the good times will begin again!

Out

Good Post,  It does feel good when Old Freinds start out a new game together, When Mw3 came out there was only 3 of us to buy it, and i hated not playing on a regular schedule with the others, but after a few weeks they joined us, some trying FPS's online for the first time .... 90% of us are waiting on BO2  but 100% of us are looking for the next game we all want to play together,

WIFE_ISSUES101

I know how you feel my clan has had 3 clan hoppers in the past month.. if only they would remove the titles and emblems from those hoppers would it maybe somewhat stop. yes playing with people you have fun with and laugh together is always a better enviroment.

if any of u come across someone named karrmey dont let him in hes a clan hopper

its 3 leader in my clan & im one of them 2 days ago i just kicked out over 30 ppl off my clan cus they dont do anything & right now i only got ppl i play with everyday with & do clan ops/challenges.. just have the people who u play with & thats it.. dont accept random people

Kingodrag

how many of you clan leaders get those people saying they have premium but they clearly dont its funny

BanHaMMer

We are a PS3 Clan and have a recruiting policy, and a recruitment period of 1 month then after all our Squad Commanders have given there reports on the new recuit and our Recruiting Officer gives us a summary. The we 3 Co- Leaders decide.

No it is not based on KD/R. Far from it. We have all been together now since 2006

One of our Co-Leaders was  black hat, since retired. So we can very quickly sought out liars and cheats with programs he has devloped as well.

Izjar11

Thats a good idea but how fast does your clan level up with the month waiting period?

BanHaMMer

You have to understand Izjar we are a PS3 Clan, not just COD.  As we are already an established clan we have a strong core base. At the moment we have 30 members active on COD and we play every Clan Ops we can. So the waiting period does not come into play, its the Clan that they are joining. Not just our COD peeps. We are level 43 atm.

We are active on KILLZONE, BF3, RESISTANCE and soon BLOPs 2.

We don't activley recruit, people find out about us from the Playstation Forums, or playing against us in game. They are directed to our our Website and after reading our Recruiting Policy they either apply or don't.

We are a bit lucky I guess we formed our Clan on Resistance Fall Of Man and just clicked. It just grew from there from there, a lot of us are also Sony Beta Testers so we have the good fortune to play a lot of Alpha codes. This means as we are well known to Sony and a lot of game Devs. This also means by association, we cannot cheat or boost. We have had to join various Clan organitations and we have access to a huge data base compiled by these organisations of cheaters, boosting Clans and we can contact the Devs directly. So its more like your joining a family, we help each other out. For example if someones PS3 breaks we can get them a lone PS3 or we have a whip around and buy them a new one.

Out

75% of our clan has been playing Games together for about 3yrs, When someone wants to join us  we simply play with them for a few days, just to see how compatable they are with the others, ....we are mostly players in our late 30s to mid 50s  we accept people with common interest,KDR is not considered, nor is W/L,  7 of us decide who gets in and who gets kicked out,  ...... we have seen a few clan hoppers, but not that many,  our policy is

1No Cheating/boosting ect.

2 No Trash talking (defending yourself is not considered trash talking)

3 must have a Mic and help in clan ops ect.

I recently kicked out two guys who were good players and fun to just BS with, but both guys stated they did the token glitch that gave them unlimited tokens (when the game first came out) ...... I kicked them because if they were guilty of that back then, what would they be guilty of next week ....... and could it bring down a ruling against the clan as a whole.....

vincezero

Yeah it's a shame how people beg you to please let them in, get the title and emblems and then leave. To be honest in my clan there are like 9 guys who I talk to and a bunch of others who occasionally help out. Then then are the deadweight guys. All I know is that we’re going to be more selective of who we let in next time if they implement something very similar for BO2.  Maybe we should do some culling.

DK_OUCH

I know exactly what you mean, we have allowed others to join the clan in the hope that we (the original members) didn't have to do every challenge/op to rank the clan up.  We have checked though and it seems that it is always the same people taking part in the ops/challlenges still and other just can't be bothered but want the rewards.  We are due for 8hrs double xp by the time we have fineshed the clan ops but they wont see any of it as they will be booted out before it is released.  It is just wrong that people join for the titles and emblems and they should be taken off them if they leave the clan.

Out

I think a player should lose emblems and titles that were earned in a clan once they were removed from that clan, and that if someone joins a clan they do not get any emblems or titles already unlocked by that clan....

Izjar11

Or my favorite, someone bugs you to let them join, then as soon as they get in and get their titles & emblems they bail.

This is very normal in clans dead weight as you call them. What I've been doing is removing them if they have not participated in one clan challenge or have not been online for more than 10 days.

SUM1SLY83

we have the same problem with clan hoppers they just join get the titles & emblems then leave.

we are a small clan the other week we had 17 people in the clan and it was still just the same 3-4 people that competed in the clan ops/clan challenges/and weekly challenge.

we haven't failed at any clan challenges yet but we need more people to take part in the clan ops to get gold,and it's a pain in the ass trying to get the clan to do the challenges/ops it's like you have to tell everyone what it is when it starts what to do what day it's on because they are to lazy to go on elite and look for themselves.

we have now started to kick people who don't take part and want everyone else to do the work for them,we are no better off than we was before the clan started taking people on.

also what's with you tell them if they don't take part in the clan ops they will be kicked from the clan so they come on play 20mins then get off that is not taking part.

Thesandman

Makes me mad when i bust my balls,competing in clan ops,whilst some of the clan members are playing other modes which are not part of the clan op.

h1r0l3r

Can't do much about the clan hoppers really. You'll never know if they're serious in joining your clan to be a part of it or simply to get the emblems you've already obtained for your clan.

As for dead weight, whoever I accept into the clan, they have a two week beta period. They don't know this but they do. If they play consistently throughout those two weeks then they're good. If they never play or play with their friends and not for the clan ops, they get booted. Pure and simple. Personally, I don' care if they're premium or not since, if they're not going to play, they're not contributing to the clan.

h1r0l3r

Can't do much about the clan hoppers really. You'll never know if they're serious in joining your clan to be a part of it or simply to get the emblems you've already obtained for your clan.

As for dead weight, whoever I accept into the clan, they have a two week beta period. They don't know this but they do. If they play consistently throughout those two weeks then they're good. If they never play or play with their friends and not for the clan ops, they get booted. Pure and simple. Personally, I don' care if they're premium or not since, if they're not going to play, they're not contributing to the clan.

mdm123456789

Yah, we have 30 people in ours and only 8 of us ever play clan ops. As far as the clan hoppers go, they should have it set up to where you can only display the clan emblems if they have an official clan tag.

I understand that people have other obligations during the weekend, myself included. A couple of things that really piss me off.

1. during a clan op, there are members playing some random a$$ game mode, or watching Netflix

2. hey, what is the clan op? what time does it start? what game mode?

You have access to the exact same info as i do. WTF?

I like some of the advise you guys have. I recently up my clan to 60 members, out of that number i found about 4 good people and deleted the others.

My goal for our clan would be to have a 2 team clan, during the clan op 2 teams of 6 would compete & the top 6 scores will count. sounds easy, but it is hard trying to get 12 people to play for 3 hours.

mallafornia

Just went to your clan page, seems really cool how one guy is trying to boss and b1tch at everyone.

Ye're full of sh1te. What if the guy on Netflix is watching a movie with his kid? Real people have "real lives". Clans liven up the competition, not dictate what I fookin' do on a sunday. All ye 13 year olds on yere power trips!!!!

kellysa111

The thing about me and clans is that although I love to be a part of a team and play, I don't play MW3 nearly enough to be able to be in a clan.

This game frustrates me to no end and as a result will end up not playing for about 2 weeks and then play again for a couple of days. Add that to the fact that I play BO daily with friends I met online about a year ago and most of them don't have MW3, and I rarely get on the game.

codbig_boss

It takes a week to join H2k.Look for active members not people with just premium.