Well said, sir.
The fact that they don't want the results out was the driving factor for my clan and I to put this list together. If ELITE were a free service, they could expect to hold these "contests" and not post results. The fact that we are paying for this service and they won't post results is inexcusable.
And has it occured to you and others, ...that Beachead doesn't want to the winner's list to be publicized? That if they do so, it will make things look like a bigger joke than they are? And with that, drive away people from playing the contests as well as possibly getting less people renewing this November?
I think there is some truth to the above. I can tell you right now, that 99.99% or more of the Clan playing public (88,000 clans with around 1.3 million people) have ZERO clue who won what contest. They don't know. They go and play the contests each week, see their placement, and that's the end of things.That's where it stops. They don't even know who Wicked Elite or Lethal Energy is. If they heard it, they would think it's a sports drink. Even this thread, it's been viewed around 5,000 times. Probably 100 people continually revisiting it account for all the posts. (i've viewed it nine times today)
Let's think about this. How well received are the clan ops going to be, if the above 1.3 million people knew the contests are sort of rigged? Right now, even clans that can't win, there's still some hope that maybe they can 'get better', or find a ringer. Do something to someday win the contest. None of them actually know they need six or seven thousand kills to win the TDM contest.None of them know the same clan has won practically all the contests. They are completely in the dark. If they find out about these lame 1:5 x 6 systems, many clans, many people are just going to say "Fvck it"
And that's not good for Elite Premium renewals in November.
So Beachead is going to probably keep on hiding this stuff. And you can thank Lethal Energy and the other tryhards, for having to game the system, find an 'out' so they could bend the rules just enough to win at all costs. So Lethal Energy, ..the main clan, the various sub/feeder clans, go right ahead thinking your skilled. Go ahead, beat your chest and brag about your consecutive wins. Props.
No James you are wrong. Lethal Energy were not the first to use these tactics. The tactics being used by us (i.e lethal energy) were being used by clans such as Codz Sqad and My little pony EVEN BEFORE we had ever won a championship badge. What we as a clan did was made the decision to adapt our style to fit those who had been winning ops around that time, in the chance that we might either come closer to winning or actually win an op.
At first it was hard, we didnt have things perfected and we were only winning the odd op out of the 3 days at the weekend. But after recruiting what i would call substantually better players and loosing some dead weight we began to take a grip of the ops.
We always wanted to be the clan with the most wins, so we took a tactic that was already deployed by some clans and perfected it to were we have it today. We also checked several times with beachhead and activision neither one of them disapproved of our tactic, with both saying that aslong as we didnt have our clan players on the other team the tactic was legitimate.
Also how can you think that we dont have skilled players in our clan, when we have multiple lonewolf champions in our ranks?
Please think before you respond as currently all you are doing is making yourself look like a immature cry baby.
Maybe if some clans had the organisation skills like our current leadership then they might take note and actually win.
How I am wrong? Where?
- You are putting words in my mouth. I never said Lethal Energy originated this tactic. For that matter, I never even addressed who originated the "1:5 x 6" stuff. In fact further, I never even said Lethal Energy was the only one doing it. Right away in my first post, I made it very clear that a number of clans are doing this.....I stated, "Group/contest 1. About a dozen or so clans using the 1:6 formula to get high scores". So if anything, you just confirmed what I said earlier.
- I also never said it was cheating. I was very clear on that too. I only went as far as stating that it's really pushing the bounderies of what are the spirit of the competition, and that I feel Beachhead had more pressing issues to deal with this spring, than try to alter rules and procedures. I'm sure everyone on here remembers how delayed and broken Elite was early on this spring. Dealing with how clans play the contests, was not high on their list. So saying Elite wrote back and did nothing, isn't saying much. It's like asking a cop to check into a jaywalking incident, while a bank robbery is happening right in front of him. You know?
- Another point. At no point in my prior posts did I address personally the skills of anyone, in any clan. Why bring up that straw man point? I simply stated that the system being used is 'skilless'. And that is for the most part, 100% true. Again, what i mean by that. A group of very mediocre players, who would be hard pressed to place in the top 20% of a clan comp....could adopt this strategy and immediately catepult themselves into the top 1/2 of 1% of all clans. Ask yourself, did they suddenly become 'skilled'? Or did they just use a gaming system that 99.9% of the other clans aren't aware of, won't use or are incapable of using. Ask yourself, how much skill was involved in their sudden improvement?
- I do stand by my original assertion. You aren't competing and winning against tens of thousands of other clans. The comps are really two competitions. A couple dozen or so clans using the "1:5x6" tactics, competing amongst themselves, and 99.9% of the other clans doing something entirely different. It's like a road race where 19,950 runners are racing on foot, and another 50 are using segueways. Apples and oranges.
- Regarding your taunting sh1t-talking about organizational skills, your comment, "Maybe if some clans had the organisation skills", Wonderful comment there Dougie. Again, if you had calmed down enough to read what i had written, I already complimented clans on this particular skill-set, giving these clans some props for decent organizational skills. I gave you a pat on the back for that, calm down now, ok? But at the end of the day, organizing six groups isn't on par with winning an NBA title, it's more in line with organizing a grade school cookie bake-of
- Last point Dougie. I would sugggest you go read what i have actually said, before getting all in a huff defending your 'clan'. It's readily apparent your emotions ran away from your reading skills when replying, as you misquoted and misread most of what i wrote. Especially when you ended things by engaging in silly, childish name calling with me. Grow up. If you are a representive of Lethal Energy, ...call me "Not impressed".
Gentlemen... Please don't get into a protracted battle over this. I understand both sides, but please keep it civil. Tactics and strategy are irrelevant here. Have a big brouhaha in a clan op tactics thread or something. This thread is simply to report those who won. Nothing more, nothing less. Thank you (in advance) for your understanding.
The last operation that was left blank (Number 66) is supposedly a glitch in which no one got first place. Lethal Gaming was the next clan in 2nd place with 8,500 - 9,000 kills in TDM. which I believe ended up being an xbox 360 record. If this was really a glitch that would make Lethal Gaming the champions. I also believe this has happened before on another blank space.
Since you were replying to me, I'll do you the same favor. 1) I never said anything about your clan's skill... Winning 25+ ops says it all. 2) I do know that your clan name is Lethal+Gaming (as it's posted that way on the actual list)... but if you look at the date of the post, it's when you WERE Lethal Energy. Your clan has had at least five name changes in the last three months, so keeping track is a challenge. Good thing I've got your clanmates sending me tweets to keep me updated. And 3) I've never said one disparaging word about your clan. You guys are all right in my book.
I was wondering about that. The only thing that blank spaces indicate are champ badges I hadn't found. I've yet to hear from Beachhead regarding that issue, and I've messaged them in four different venues. Maybe one day they'll deign to actually give an answer. (And if the grapevine is accurate the number was 8859... just nasty.)