11 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2012 5:41 PM by Tattoo247 RSS

What I was told by Gamestop

Tattoo247

I called earlier today and they said that first, they had no news on a hardened edition only the Elite package which I assumed to be the same thing. Or the girl I was talking to was and idiot and doesnt keep up with current game news.

She told me that I could just add the extra cash amount onto the preorder I had for black ops 2, which would upgrade me to the Elite package. I hav'nt done this yet because again, I may have been talking to a know nothing cashier. Discuss what you guys think, or if you have called your store. If they end up not letting me upgrade, I'll raise so much noise they'll hopefully just refund me to get me out and I'll go to the next store and preorder it in full lol

• Re: What I was told by Gamestop
    Foxhound-Pro

I used to work at a Gamestop. What they do is cancel your pre-order and then create a new one for you. The "upgrade" is them simply taking whatever credit you had put down and applying it to the new one.

If you paid off the game: Congrats you need only pay the remainder when you want.

If you put the minimum of 5$ USD: You need only cover the minimum for CE reserves to properly reserve.

Typically the amount is 10$ for a collectors. So you'd only need to add 5$ to your initial payment. Call ahead though to get the total for a reserve so you'll have more than enough to cover it.

Group115

Thanks so much! I was so stressed. I am a die hard zombies fan! Not having Nuketown Zombies would be really annoying. So if i pre  ordered it from gamestop i can upgrade my pre order and still keep the bonuses?

Tattoo247

I went ahead and got the Elite package, was assured that Ill get zombie nuketown and all map packs when they come out with the purchase I made. Sure hope they knew what they're talking about, refunds are always a pain.

There is no elite package. There isn't even any news on what Elite is going to do for Black Ops 2.

Tattoo247

I was told paying the 49$ extra (on top of the cost of the game) would get me Elite and would GUARANTEE that I paid for all the maps released throughout the year, I wont get them any earlier ofcourse I just wont have to pay for them. Plus all the interactive stuff that comes with Elite. I was 100% assured that I would get nuketown zombies the moment its available.

Foxhound-Pro

For Black Ops 2? That is more than likely error on their part. The current US SKUs are the regular at 59.99, the hardened at 79.99 and the prestige at 179.99. None of them have included any information regarding ELITE to date. You should get your Nuketown 2025 and Nuketown Zombies for sure, but the rest is up in the air until announced.