5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 1, 2012 3:00 PM by nicedrewishfela RSS

So the day of the last of Premiums 3 maps are what ?

starbuckfrack

http://www.fpsgeneral.com/news?page=2

(As well as the Content Calendar)

Now this is a rumor or a mistake on Activisions part I feel for many reasons. ONE would be that Sept 6th is not on a Tuesday.

---------------------------------

"

As Call of Duty: Black Ops II heats up, Modern Warfare 3 begins to cool down. Activision announced today that the fourth and final DLC collection, entitled Final Assault, will be releasing on September 6th. (See thats not a Tuesday)

Final Assault is a straightforward multiplayer map pack for Modern Warfare 3, and delivers five new maps to the fray. These maps include:

• Parish
  • Boardwalk
  • Gulch
  • Off Shore (previously available for Premium)
  • Decommission (previously available for Premium)

Modern Warfare 3: Final Assault will be launching on Xbox 360 on September 6th, no word on when the three new maps will be available for Premium members, however.

Stay tuned for more information on Final Assault!"

--------------------------------

So does that nean we get the last maps this Tuesday the 4th ???

So much for getting DLC Maps early. If this is true then they lost me on Elite 2.0. A MONTH early would be acceptable but not a week or so.

• Re: So the day of the last of Premiums 3 maps are what ?
    nicedrewishfela

Elite is announcing Black Ops II integration next month. The fact that they didn't include Elite in any of the CEs this year was interesting, there is all kind of speculation on the BOII board about how Elite is going to be involved and what the price structure will be. Some are even wondering if DLC will be unrelated and Elite will become a free service.

The way they did DLC with MW3 was a disaster. No good getting the maps a month early when I can't play them when and how I want. Plus, call me sentimental... but I kind of missed the excitement of "DLC Day".

maccabi

nicedrewishfela wrote:

The way they did DLC with MW3 was a disaster. No good getting the maps a month early when I can't play them when and how I want. Plus, call me sentimental... but I kind of missed the excitement of "DLC Day".

then if i was a betting man i would look forward to an announcement that dlc is returning to the old tried and tested model next month (or sooner) and one of the (paid) features of elite was more of a season pass in the traditional sense .

btw completely unrelated but you know loads of people keep asking me if you are me on another account.

and @starbuck, the month early dlc is whats caused major problems for matchmaking as its fractured the player pool, personly i prefer this system but you're right its the last slap in the face for elite premium members.. last month we discovered due to the 50% off sale that it wasn't infact cheaper to buy elite for dlc , and this month we get a day early maps.

Final Assault was announced well over a month ago on the Calender as a release for everyone on the 6th

Guy8915

The final 3 maps are released on elite on the 5th (which is a tuesday)