46 Replies Latest reply: Sep 6, 2012 12:48 AM by Snipeducated RSS

Quickscopers, quit calling yourselves "Snipers"

DotHack90
You aren't a Sniper. You play nothing like one. You are just a Run n' Gunner that happens to be using a long range rifle. Sniping is a playstyle. One which requires a great amount of patience. We provide intelligence and defend certain areas such as flags in Domination. We don't rush and we most certainly do not use our LONG range rifle in close quarters situations. You aren't using the Sniper Rifle for its intended purpose, therefor you are NOT a Sniper and are not part of the Sniper community. You are an offshoot of the Run n' Gun community. There is a reason that Vaghn wants to keep quickscoping nerfed. He wants us to play the game properly. The way it was intended to be played.

EDIT - Since there seems to be some confusion with the subject I will further explain myself. I am NOT talking about the "mechanic" of quickscoping (spending as little time as necessary scoped in to achieve the kill), I am talking about the playstyle "quickscoping". You know, the people that run around ONLY trying to quickscope/noscope people. The ones who go 2-24 spinning off of buildings and ladders. The ones who Run n' Gun with a Sniper Rifle when it is designed in this game as a long range support weapon.
  • Re: Quickscopers, quit calling yourselves "Snipers"
    AkamVensA

DotHack90 wrote:

You aren't a Sniper. You play nothing like one. You are just a Run n' Gunner that happens to be using a long range rifle. Sniping is a playstyle. One which requires a great amount of patience. We provide intelligence and defend certain areas such as flags in Domination. We don't rush and we most certainly do not use our LONG range rifle in close quarters situations. You aren't using the Sniper Rifle for its intended purpose, therefor you are NOT a Sniper and are not part of the Sniper community. You are an offshoot of the Run n' Gun community. There is a reason that Vaghn wants to keep quickscoping nerfed. He wants us to play the game properly. The way it was intended to be played.

One of three things:
    1. You posted on the wrong board. Try MW2.
    -OR-
    2. You were killed by a quickscoper in BO and immediately assumed everyone was doing it like in MW2 and decided to make a thread about it.
    -OR-
    3. You were dropped on your head as a child repeadetly.

DotHack90 wrote:

Did you know that snipers take weeks, even months to get to their location and take a shot? They also factor in things such as weather conditions and lighting.

Kinda difficult to do that when the guy that ran up behind me is hipfiring me with his 74u

Realism ahaha Sensitivity, RC cars, Tomahawks, recovering health, weight of weapons, damage of bullets... You want realism? Pfff, get real dude.
    DotHack90

G3zX wrote:

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/100345793 

This has very little to do with that update. This has to do with people using a term incorrectly which gives us people who snipe properly a bad name.
    CoDGoD187
    WE ARE SNIPERS IF WE ARE USING A SNIPER
    DotHack90
    Did I mention realism? No. Just because you have a Sniper Rifle in your hands that doesn't make you a Sniper. When you quickscope that guy that's 15ft away you didn't Snipe him, you just shot him.
    coobot

DotHack90 wrote:

So in other words, you are set to believe this game has set play styles people HAVE to follow?

DotHack90 wrote:

Did I mention realism? No. Just because you have a Sniper Rifle in your hands that doesn't make you a Sniper. When you quickscope that guy that's 15ft away you didn't Snipe him, you just shot him.

So the "intended purpose" and your entire post doesn't relate to realism. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. Surely if it wasn't intended to be fired from close range, there would be some sort of lock on the gun that stops me shooting when someone's 15 foot away? Thus I can only assume it is intended to be fired from anywhere.

If it was intended to be fired from range, there would be a decent amount of maps that reflect that. There isn't.
    DotHack90

coobot wrote:

DotHack90 wrote:

So in other words, you are set to believe this game has set play styles people HAVE to follow?

We don't have to, but it is highly encouraged. Otherwise, why would Sniper Rifles have such a long scope in time? And why do shotguns have such little range? The Devs want you to play a certain way.
    G3zX
    Sure. We stopped Quick Scoping for the most part. We mostly invalidated a sniper winning a battle with a Shotgun or SMG at close range. This was the goal. However, this has come at a pretty large cost to sniping in general. These two things can not be easily separated, since quick scoping is a form of sniping.

Sorry buddy but the guy you seem to be praising in your OP ( David Vonderhaar) says so himself quickscoping is a form of SNIPING. You lose end of discussion.
    DotHack90

davidbio wrote:

DotHack90 wrote:

So the "intended purpose" and your entire post doesn't relate to realism. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. Surely if it wasn't intended to be fired from close range, there would be some sort of lock on the gun that stops me shooting when someone's 15 foot away? Thus I can only assume it is intended to be fired from anywhere.

If it was intended to be fired from range, there would be a decent amount of maps that reflect that. There isn't.

They don't need a lock when they have such terrible hip fire accuracy and the longest time to bring up the sites.
    DotHack90

G3zX wrote:

Sure. We stopped Quick Scoping for the most part. We mostly invalidated a sniper winning a battle with a Shotgun or SMG at close range. This was the goal. However, this has come at a pretty large cost to sniping in general. These two things can not be easily separated, since quick scoping is a form of sniping.

Sorry buddy but the guy you seem to be praising in your OP ( David Vonderhaar) says so himself quickscoping is a form of SNIPING. You lose end of discussion.

One mention of his name does not equal praising. Sorry, you lose. And sniping still works. I do just fine. Sure a lot of the maps don't suit it but that is because we are the minority of the community and I am fine with that.
    have you seen karen?
    Aren't you still an axe murderer no matter how you use the axe? Your logic makes as much sense banana television mops puppets canvas jello pops!
    G3zX
    We aren't discussing the maps or if snipers work or not we are discussing my right to call myself a sniper...guess what...the developer says quickscoping is a form of sniping...that makes me a sniper...again...YOU LOSE.
    ContinuexD

DotHack90 wrote:

Agreed, takes luck to "Quick scope", real snipers "Snipe". Scrubs.
    BGreek

davidbio wrote:

Did you know that snipers take weeks, even months to get to their location and take a shot? They also factor in things such as weather conditions and lighting.

Did you know sniper actually 'calibrate' their scopes so the cross hair actually hits the target?  Did you sniper should be able to hit through several feet of concrete but yet in this game it can't pierce through tin foil or a hole through a chain-link fence in this game?   Even if does pierce through the damage is reduce to 50-75% and they don't die which is absurdly retarded and that's plus with a headshot.

Snipers wouldn't have to complain about quicking scoping if the sniper rifle can have better function.  Shooting through rubber tires, cargo trucks with vinyl covering  at the back, wooden box, and barrels.  And why certian vehicles of the same model can't be climb on yet they are few other that can.
    DotHack90

G3zX wrote:

We aren't discussing the maps or if snipers work or not we are discussing my right to call myself a sniper...guess what...the developer says quickscoping is a form of sniping...that makes me a sniper...again...YOU LOSE.

He is talking about quickscoping the mechanic. I am talking about quickscoping the playstyle. Two completely different things. The mechanic of quickscoping is to actually be looking through the scope for as little time as possible. A sniper can use this mechanic and I often did back in my Cod4/MW2 days. The playstyle of quickscoping is to Run n' Gun with a Sniper Rifle. The Sniper playstyle is defensive. We are meant for communication and defending.
    RhazeIV
    I promise if a guy in my back yard was trying to stab me, i could raise my rifle up and quickly fire off a shot that would neutralize him. It might hurt my shoulder, i might not get a headshot, but a round from my 30-06 would deffinately leave him wishing he'd have brought a gun. When it's all said and done if my friend said 'omg you quickscoped that guy' and i was like 'nuh uh i sniped him!'....i wouldn't really give a ****, because the guy would still be dead. You're a tard.
    have you seen karen?

DotHack90 wrote:

G3zX wrote:

He is talking about quickscoping the mechanic. I am talking about quickscoping the playstyle. Two completely different things. The mechanic of quickscoping is to actually be looking through the scope for as little time as possible. A sniper can use this mechanic and I often did back in my Cod4/MW2 days. The playstyle of quickscoping is to Run n' Gun with a Sniper Rifle. The Sniper playstyle is defensive. We are meant for communication and defending.

Quickscoping is not a playstyle; if you use it as such you aren't very bright

Agreed, takes luck to "Quick scope", real snipers "Snipe". Scrubs.

It actually takes these two things called "aim" and "skill." Real snipers know how to use both to their fullest advantage. Noobs.
    DotHack90

have you seen karen? wrote:

DotHack90 wrote:

G3zX wrote:

Quickscoping is not a playstyle; if you use it as such you aren't very bright

It certainly has evolved into one since the craze in MW2. You will constantly see people just trying to quickscope in that game.
    DerkaDerkaCurry
    my friend's dad is a sniper in the army, and he has quickscoped/no-scoped before. he was in fallujah in his sniper nest. he was with two other soldiers. his position was revealed, and the taliban converged on his position. they had to defend their position for 15 minutes before their main convoy could support them. the other two soldiers held the top of the nest while he had to guard the doorway. basically, after he was out of desert eagle ammo, he had to quickscope/no scope two people that ran through the door with AK-47s... before he could use their AKs, he had to hide behind the wall near the entry way and fire about 15 rounds into it to make sure nobody was immediately outside.

thats what you're going to have to do if you're a sniper in the military.

so lets get realistic and follow his example...

get your snipers out and start quick-scoping/no-scoping!

CoDGoD187 wrote:

No, you're not.
    XxReggieKushxX

CoDGoD187 wrote:

/little kid

You mean sniper RIFLE? I'm sure you meant sniper rifle.

Anyhow, quickscopers are Run-N-Gunners.....who choose to use a sniper rifle....and in an exploitative fashion nonetheless.
    gamezilla36

coobot wrote:

DotHack90 wrote:

This.

There are cheap playstyles such as camping, and ones that require skill such as quickscoping.

How can one say that if a Person has a slow ADS time weapon, and one shot to get right, and if they miss it, or hit it incorrectly, they will die straight away is Cheap?

Laughable much.
    xSshoTz
    what are you, retarded? quick scoping is luck? lmao scrub.
    TwistedMan
    O wait wait wait wait wait.
    This is amusing.
    Wanna hear a fun fact?
    Its fun!
    YOUR NOT USING A ******* GUN.
    Even if you using a sniper correctly, your not using a sniper, and your sniping anyone, why? CAUSE ITS A ******* GAME YOU MORON.
    If your using an Assault rifle IN GAME, your not using a assault rifle, your not assault rifling, if your using a shotgun, your not shotgunning, if you using a SMG, your not sub-machinegunning, why? CAUSE YOU IN AN ARCADE SHOOTER, FOR THE LOVE OF ****, STOP BRINGING REALISM INTO EVERYONE OF YOUR DAMN SNIPER RIFLE ARGUMENTS, THERE IS NO REALISM IN AN UNREALISTIC, GAME!
    reznovlives
    So.........different perspective: BALANCE.  People are gonna do whatever they want, and that's quite fantastic. So, the designers try to keep things at their very core balanced, so things don't get too out of control and we all start quick scoping and taking ***** all over the place. But if someone no scopes, you can't really be mad at the person can you?
    HeroicTits

DotHack90 wrote:

We can make a test in real life. Here's the plan, i equip a sniper rifle, run around your field, drop shot you in the legs and then you tell me if it's hurts as much as a real sniper, alrightydokay?! Dumbass. IT'S A MOTHER****** GAME
    Robo Hobo

DotHack90 wrote:

vhan said it himself quickscoping is a from of sniping suck it you lose go die kk bia
    ctams333
    And what exactly is your so-called "sniper community"? Do they have camping Domination Hardscoper clans?
    BeastOfFate
    I laugh at anyone who thinks that quickscoping, by itself, is a tactic. It's not, and you're delusional if you think it is. It's only ever been a tool for snipers, given that they're good enough to do so, that helps them move around the map.
    xSshoTz
    the "sniper community" is the quick scoping community...
    BeastOfFate

xSshoTz wrote:

-_-. The 'quickscoping community' is full of 12 year olds who think that hardscoping makes you a noob. The sniping community uses quickscoping as part of their gameplay.
    TwistedMan

BeastOfFate wrote:

xSshoTz wrote:

-_-. The 'quickscoping community' is full of 12 year olds who think that hardscoping makes you a noob. The sniping community uses quickscoping as part of their gameplay.

No, no its not actually.
    Optic, Team DMG, All those people aren't 12 year olds that would kick your ass in multiplayer with ANY gun.
    Just because you see 12 year olds trying to use the sniper while quickscoping doesn't mean the proportion of Quickscopers are 12 year olds.
    For example, how many people used Noob-tubes in MW2? The same if not more than 12 year old quickscopers idiots.
    Do I say the ENTIRE population that played MW2 where ****** ass noob-tubers? No, so you shouldn't either, idiot.
    And we use quickscoping as FUN and EFFECTIVE as we can which = Quickscoper.
    "Hardscoping" or sitting in 1 spot every 5 minutes, isn't effective, fun or even pratical, its stupid for a GAME, real life sniper for human targets ISN'T fun and I know many people who served in the Australian military who would agree with me. War isn't fun, games are supposed to be, sitting in 1 spot every 5 minutes, isn't fun.

Get it? Got it? Good.

TwistedMan wrote:

sitting in 1 spot every 5 minutes, isn't fun.

I find sitting in a concealed position, covering teammates and objectives to be fun. I have my opinion you have yours.

TwistedMan wrote:

Get it? Got it? Good.

DerkaDerkaCurry wrote:

my friend's dad is a sniper in the army, and he has quickscoped/no-scoped before. he was in fallujah in his sniper nest. he was with two other soldiers. his position was revealed, and the taliban converged on his position. they had to defend their position for 15 minutes before their main convoy could support them. the other two soldiers held the top of the nest while he had to guard the doorway. basically, after he was out of desert eagle ammo, he had to quickscope/no scope two people that ran through the door with AK-47s... before he could use their AKs, he had to hide behind the wall near the entry way and fire about 15 rounds into it to make sure nobody was immediately outside.

No military uses the Desert Eagle as a sidearm, and your friends dad would no be allowed to use his own gun in a mission. And why were three soldiers so far away from any other forces? Snipers act in pairs, not triplets.

Whoever told you that story is lying.
    BeastOfFate

Angatar wrote:

DerkaDerkaCurry wrote:

No military uses the Desert Eagle as a sidearm, and your friends dad would no be allowed to use his own gun in a mission. And why were three soldiers so far away from any other forces? Snipers act in pairs, not triplets.

Whoever told you that story is lying.

I'm almost 99% certain he was being sarcastic. It's pretty common knowledge that Desert Eagles are absolutely worthless in terms of combat weaponry.
    XxReggieKushxX

DerkaDerkaCurry wrote:

It's a good thing your story is completely realistic, and has no holes in it.

However, that's a pretty cute story you made up.
    kastro187420

BeastOfFate wrote:

I laugh at anyone who thinks that quickscoping, by itself, is a tactic. It's not, and you're delusional if you think it is. It's only ever been a tool for snipers, given that they're good enough to do so, that helps them move around the map.

Tell that to the Montage Kids who treat it as a playstyle/tactic. I can understand "Quick-Scoping" if you're moving from Point A to Point B and encounter an enemy (but then again, any smart sniper would have his secondary out while moving), but there are far too many people who believe that Quick-scoping should remain a viable stand-alone tactic, and that it should be on par with Assault Rifles, SMGs, and Sniping.

I completely agree with the OP. Far too many people try to use the term "Snipers" and "Quick-scopers" interchangeably. When I use the term "Sniper", I'd really rather not be associated with the montage kids who go out of their way to lose dozens of matches if it means getting that 1 montage clip.
    tronstar
    if you dont understand the importance of quick scoping as a tool to fend off the infinite numbers of people using the same overpowered 3 shot kill guns, you really shouldnt call yourself a sniper.

also, if you dont think sniping is broken you shouldnt call yourself a sniper either. its blatantly broken. notice how you cant hit anything unless you wait 2 seconds after you zoom? yea thats because the game is broken.

want to nerf something treyarch? NERF THE NEW MP40/UMP (the AK74u).
    DotHack90
    Edited the original post to help clear the confusion.
    HECTiQ-
    shut up and go play a military simulation
    TwistedMan
    Its funny how people who hate on quickscoping just completely ignore statements they can't refute, like mine.
    Waiting for mine to be argued against on the 3rd page.
    DotHack90

TwistedMan wrote:

Its funny how people who hate on quickscoping just completely ignore statements they can't refute, like mine.

I try to only respond to civil posts. Post it again in a civil manner and I just may respond to it. Otherwise I will continue to ignore you.
    HECTiQ-

DotHack90 wrote:

TwistedMan wrote:

I try to only respond to civil posts. Post it again in a civil manner and I just may respond to it. Otherwise I will continue to ignore you.

Haha, get a life. And quit having psycholigical debats with yourself about a game.

OP is the biggest idiot I've seen. So don't listen to him. The point of a sniper, or as a matter of fact, any gun, is to take it to it's limit, to make the best out of it. To win with it. If sitting on your piehole all day with a sniper is going to get you 3-5 kills, what's the point? Get out there and help your team. You think QS is not done in real life? You're kidding yourselves. If a sniper didn't run n' gun as you called it, radar and thermal scans would get the sniper so fast, he wouldn't even be able to crouch.

ab