20 Replies Latest reply: Sep 16, 2012 3:14 AM by vincezero RSS

Terminal obsession

AVIT-U-TRAMP

Why the hell is everyone so obsessed with playing on Terminal, its not even a good map. After a long hard think ive come up with three reasons why people may like it:

1: They are lovers of the great outdoors - Find any corner they think suitable to pitch a tent.

2: They aspire to be roofers - Spend most of the game sat on the obvious building.

3: They aspire to be pilots or cabin crew - Sit in the cockpit for the long haul, and stand in the aisles.

Anyone else think of any other reasons?

• Re: Terminal obsession
    Eye_Gore

1. Whats wrong with the great outdoors? Better than playing a video game all day. Though it is football season here in the US, so thats and exception on Sunday's. Dude just kicked a 63 yard FG.

2. I used to be a roofer, got  problem with that? So much for manual labor. Lazy people.

3. Now, I am a pilot, nothing better than laughing at all the poor sheep stuck in traffic on the highway. Whats wrong with that?

I've noticed in the last 2-3 days though it hasn't been getting votes.   In a lobby this morning between Black Box and Terminal--  Black Box won the vote!  Everyone wanted to see where the terminal plane crashed!

so sick of terminal

azn_chic

I've played very little of this game since Terminal came out...But, of the 20 or so times Terminal has come up in lobbies I've been in, it has only been chosen 2 times. However, both times I played in this map, I hated it. Now I remember why I didn't like back in MW2...

Out

its a campers haven........... I have played terminal so damn much , it now makes we want  PUKE when i see it come up...... however it does seem to be getting the vote less often but it comes up in rotation way to often ......... I have played terminal more than downturn, and i purchased this game in December

When a team gets into camping position its impossible to do something about by yourself. garbage map. Its amazing how often this map comes up for voting i have to say. There is no way the odds are even there

I feel like that sometimes. When im in it tough like that though I like to just lay low for a little bit. Let the other team come to you. Get some kills under the belt and take away a lie in the waiting while saving some points for your team.

Is there a way to deinstall terminal of the ps3 ?

That would be awesome.

Grts

_Orvidor_

Activision capitulating to it's customers ?? Never !! They are going to leave it there till the end of time ..

If you continue to complain, they will make sure it's in every map rotation .. MuwHaahahahaha .. *cough*

Yeah, never having played MW2, I still hate terminal .. Although, having to chose between it and black box - Hmm .. Is poking my eyes out with dull toothpicks a viable third option ??

it is still always getting picked, ill call the players out in the lobby, " really? terminal... again"

people play it to camp, or clans/parties will pick it to spawn kill and boost their KD

_Orvidor_

Odd that in Black Ops, spawn trapping would get you banned .. But in MW3, it's not only acceptable, it's like it's almost encouraged .. Interesting ..

well they SAYYYY that you can get banned, but Ive reported dozens of spawn killers, and I still see them playing with their same stats... I gave up on the reporting thing, just a waist of time

_Orvidor_

Yeah, seems like not much if anything isn't being done agains't cheaters these days .. First you have to report then ingame (which if done on it's own does nothing) ..Then if you have video, upload it to youtube, provide a link in an PM to Activision staff .. Seems like we are doing their jobs for them .. Besides, the game is generally laggy for me anyways, hard to tell whether it's a game issue or someone(s) is cheating .. I do love those game where the top 2 or 3 players end up with 60+ kills and less than 10 deaths .. Satistically, that's impossible, with MW3, it's fact of daily game life ..

Look at that clan glitch, I see it all the time again .. Report em and a couple of days later, still the same guys running around with the same glitches ..

Oh well, I not going to bother reporting anymore in-game, just a waste of time ..

On a positive note, there are always reporting options through PlayStation which seem to have more effect .. I've been having more success with them as opposed to Activision ..

wridtrvlr

It does still come up in rotation, but I am getting lobbies full of people actually voting against it.  I believe the only ones who really like the map are the scrub clans that camp outside/on roofs/in cockpits from the very get go and call themselves beasts when they win the match 65-62....

I had a big clan yesterday playing, thought they were good.  Of course they picked Terminal and were claiming in the pregame lobby that we were going to be a part of their winning streak...  I hate fools that open their mouths in the pregame lobby, even though we just joined the lobby.  I never say I am going to destroy the other team if I haven't played them before, you never know who you are going up against and STATS DO NOT TELL ALL!!

Anyway, they were camping outside/on roofs/in the plane HARD!!  We couldn't change the spawn all game long.  They were doing us pretty good, they had over a 10 tag lead at one point.  Then I stopped and told my team, "if they are going to camp all match, we should too"  We posted up in the far back by the security and let them start to rush us.  Only a few rushed us, but it was enough to take the lead back and the win!!!  It was pretty hilarious in the pregame lobby after they lost!!  Of course they left. 

I am the same wrldtrvlr...  I detest when I get in lobbies and have people running their mouths saying that they are going to just run all over us( all-be-it we just joined the lobby).   That is usually when I turn it up just a notch.  When thinking back... it is the times when its a 'tough guy' clan that's in the lobby that Terminal gets played.    I love that moment after the game when suddenly all 5-6 players leave and hush falls over the pregame lobby.  I get off on that, serves them right.

wridtrvlr

I guess it's just that I don't get it.  If someone just joins the lobby, what makes someone think they are going to destroy them?  They've never played against them before, don't know their playstyle and yet they feel cocky enough to make such claims.  AND it's ALWAYS the ones in a full clan.  Always.  Even when I am up against a team of splitscreeners, unless we completely own them, I try to keep my mouth shut.

Stephen_0u5

You forgot baggage checkers.

h1r0l3r

I don't think they're obsessed with playing Terminal but more like they've gotten used to it coming up every other match regardless of whatever game mode they're playing. I, literally, play Terminal every other map which comes out to about 20-25 times a night. I am so sick to death of that freaking map. And for those of you who'll say, Just back out and find another lobby? Guess what, I do that and, guess which map I get put into?

vincezero

I was in a few matches the other night without my ckan people voted for other maps instead of Terminal. Maybe I was lucky but I think the novelty is dying off finally.