16 Replies Latest reply: Sep 11, 2012 8:46 AM by dannytanner17 RSS

I HAVE to kill you

I almost always play for the win, but occasionally all goes out the window and I make it a personal mission to search out one opponent.  Whether it's b/c he was a douche in the lobby or maybe he is camping and going for a MOAB, I find myself sacrificing K/D and maybe even the game just to ruin his KS or to troll a little bit. 

Does this make me the bigger douche since I'm deviating from team tactics or is this rage killing acceptable under some circumstances?

• Re: I HAVE to kill you
    huntingnoluck

A few days ago I was playing demolition on terminal (of course) and there was this one guy who was camping in funny places and racking up the kills. At one point I noticed he was 20 and 0! At that point I stopped trying to plant and focused on not getting moab'ed. I finally got him at 22 kills. He must have been piss3d at me over that one. We won in OT and he (almost) finished 30 and 4. He quit just before the game ended. I felt like a major douche for that one because he was so close and if i'd kept trying for the objective he would have done it.

Terminal is exactly why I posted this.  I was going positive, even on my own streak, but I gave it up when I saw my team's arrows disappearing in the same area of the minimap.  So I hit select and saw the enemy player on a 12-0 run and I knew exactly where he was head glitching.  I probably died 4-5 times by his teammates before I made it over to him, but I managed to get there in time to prevent his MOAB.  I really don't remember if we won or not, I just feel like I suck if the enemy manages a MOAB against me in a full game; even moreso than just taking a loss.

monkeylord

Ahhhhh the sweetnes of the douche bag kill surely this is the real reason COD sells so well lol

h1r0l3r

Happens all the time. My best revenge trolling was when I was playing SnD and managed to trap the douche in a corner with my riot shield. He was unable to get out and kept shooting/knifing me the whole time. He did manage to get a great front row seat of my teammates diffusing the bomb in front of him while he was helpless to do anything about it. Shame I didn't put that clip in my vault but it happened a long time ago.

While it's still just a game, sometimes things can a little personal.

kellysa111

I stopped a guy at a 23 kill streak...lol

He was just camping there and my teammates kept trying to kill him but would get killed instead. Since his team was focused on my teammates in the front, I put on my blind eye/assasin/sitrep class and flanked him. Took him and 3 others out.

I make it my duty to go after the one going 10-0 on the other team.

erikpemberton

I often roll with C4 + an RPG, SMAW or Javelin on my run-n-gun classes specifically for this. Oh, you want to camp in the 2nd floor of the building on (Resistance|Seatown|Bakaara|insert map here)? We'll see about that...

Nothing is sweeter than picking off a camper with a Javelin and taking half of his team with him! FWOOMP. Multi-kill!

Work_Hard_Play_Hard

I stopped a guy getting a MOAB on village, he was in the quiet corner of the map covering both bridges and the rocks, he got me many times but for some reason I couldn't let go.

I stopped him I think on 22 with the flukiest of headshots as he was well dug in also I was moving at time, he must have raged as I would have raged if it had happened to me.

I have stopped a few good killstreaks on Mission, launcher is priceless on that map! ha ha

I have to say as the game is coming to it's season's end it would seem a lot of the casual gamers have gone and I come across these 'Pro campers' a lot more often now.

wridtrvlr

I don't think I've ever personally gone after someone from any lobby disputes but the camper headglitching behind the box on the far end of the map, will always get my attention.  I mostly just like to ruin their camping spot, but you also get the advantage of ruining their killstreak as well.  Makes me smile when I know a camper was on a major run and I got to be the death of it!!!

huntingnoluck

I used to occasionally lose my cool and go after a player all match long, just to prove something, but it always seemed to make me sick of the game even when I got revenge. Now I will onlydo it to stop something like getting moab'ed.

I've had a few instances where maybe two guys on the other team are in a clan, think they are 1337, and will run their mouths on how easy a win will be.  Or maybe, thanks to the incredible matchmaking, the other team is stacked and I have to resort to Assassin/BE and I'll take some heat in the lobby after about how I need to learn to play and I'm a noob fa**ot.  Either way, my fuse is lit and I my goal becomes ruining their game (unless they end up on my team, then I'll wait until next match).

Good post,

Nothing wrong with hunting someone down, a personal favorite past time of mine.

Follow me at http://egotrip78.blog.com/

ghamorra

I played a match once where me and this guy always ended up on the opposite team. The gamemode was CTF and for the first 3-4 matches we played the objective, but after a while we started to notice that it was pretty much just us doing anything and started going after eachother

He used the Type95 and I used my Mk14. It was like a good ol' fashion shootout

h1r0l3r

I managed to kill this one guy camping HARD on Arkaden. He got me like 4-5 times. I checked the leaderboard and he was camping for a MOAB so I made it my personal mission to kill him before he got his MOAB. He was 24-0 at this point in time.

http://youtu.be/Dt8UALjNLcM