13 Replies Latest reply: Sep 11, 2012 9:25 AM by wridtrvlr RSS

Dear  players who are new to hardcore mode,

When you see me  shooting at a target or engaged in battle... please don't run in front of my bullets.  I only play hardcore, and recently I've noticed some new core players coming over and this is happening more and more.   I love the team ricochet, dont get me wrong.   Just a tip from those of us who play hardcore all the time.  Thank you.

• Re: Dear  players who are new to hardcore mode,
    ghamorra

In the Black Ops forum I posted an idea about removing friendly fire simply because of all the elements that can't be controlled, like throwing a grenade and your teammate spawning next to it, teams ignoring your warnings of airsupport paths, names not appearing above the persons head, and as you said, teammates running in front of you

Generally it was not accepted, which I understand. The friendly fire element is needed for that more realistic feel. However I do have a counter, what if the damage from friendly fire maxes out at 90% so it never kills you but leaves you massively valnurable. Maybe even reduce it so friendly fire does half the damage giving you a chances to stop shooting or survive some bad luck

The way I see it is they should have an entire OTHER playlist called "pseudo-hardcore" where the ricochet is still in affect. Then have the HC list go back to normal TK'ing Dbags if need be.

Also back in Mw2 some of the funniest moments were back when you were in a party of 5 and had that one "troll" just to keep killing him when he messes with one of the party members till they leave.

lol yep  i loved those times too.... the only time i hated it then... was if i got a good care package... everytime a teammate would kill me and take it... or if it was s&d and you were about to defuse a bomb, a teammate would kill you... so they could get the defuse points.   it def had its advantages and disadvantages.   Like I said all i play is hc, exept when its a core clan op... and more people are coming over to hc now because of the amount of bullets and other ingame issues associated with core.

wridtrvlr

All I play is HC as well and I've just sort of learned to adapt to the fact that some idiot at some point during the game is going to run in front of me.  I need to be on guard because of it.  It truly sucks, but it is what it is.  I'm not going to rage on the mic or quit just because I keep getting friendly fire deaths.  Now if someone is deliberately standing in front of my fire (unfortunately it's happened before...) and such, that'll get a rage quit out of me.

I like ghamorra's idea about the 90% damage that comes out of friendly fire.  Enough to give you a warning, but not enough to take a death from you.  Good **** right there.

rlbl

The other day I was playing (I think with Ghamorra) and he was shooting in a direction that I wanted to go.

I jumped over his bullets.  I am not sure he hit me, but even if he did he was only damaged and he did not die.

We laughed.

Personally, I do not have too much of an issue with Friendly GUN fire.  I hate that killstreaks (like a carpet bomb or a chopper) can get you killed/kicked.  it is ridiculous that you can get kicked for shooting at people you cannot see because they are in the firing range of an enemy.

Yes, I've had major issues when trying to earn my 'Precision Airstrike' gold title(while playing dom. or KC).  Even when I tell people location I'm going to drop or if I put it where there are no blue team icons... sometimes i'll catch 2-3 deaths... just   bang, bang, bang.  Wish in future titles this would be addressed.

nicka_denton

Personally, I do not have too much of an issue with Friendly GUN fire.  I hate that killstreaks (like a carpet bomb or a chopper) can get you killed/kicked.  it is ridiculous that you can get kicked for shooting at people you cannot see because they are in the firing range of an enemy.

Ha! the ammount of times I'd get a carpet bomber in a Black Ops care package and leave it to watch the person who picked it up get kicked 10seconds later was priceless, they were rediculous in Hardcore with the 3 kill kick system and pretty much a instant early exit from the game if you ended up using them..

Argh Last night I wanted to rip someones heads off. I swear every match I went into all they used was noobtubes. I am not against tubes but when your playing against a clan that is only using them it makes me really mad lol. Ruins hardcore. Also how can these clans feel good about themselves when only using tubes? These are grown ass adults and they think its cool like their sh!t dont stink...  Bahhhh. Rant over

h1r0l3r

This is why I refuse to play HC. I played enough to get the emblem for winning 15 HC TDM matches and that was it. Even on clan ops I don't play HC since EVERYONE is equipped with C4, ACR/MK14 w/noob tube and RPG/XM25. Seriously, I can't go 10 feet without some explosive being launched at me. And to further compound things, the opposing team of l337 clan members always camp in the same spot just launching projectiles. Pretty lame IMO.

wridtrvlr

All I play is HC and I can tell you 90% of the community doesn't play that way.  You will find lobbies full of tubers, sometimes.  Most of the times, it's guys like me that want to have a good game and really despise the launchers in HC, we'll have a discussion about it in the pre-game lobby and hope that everyone sticks to the agreement.