12 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2012 5:13 PM by Livewire RSS

Camping lately

xxspectrexx

Is there a reason why everyone is camping lately? Every game I join has a ridiculous amount of campers. Is camping the quick scoping or a pathetic attempt to stop trey arch from adding anti-camping attachments?

• Re: Camping lately
    Hidden-Legaciez

are you playing infected? hahahaha

no everyones kd whoreing, idk why they bother kd is so easy,

Sitrep Pro is why everyone is camping now.

It is incredibly easy to get soundwhore'd as it completely counters Dead Silence. Now Sitrep is by far the best 3rd perk, so everyone uses it.

Now you are punished running around as the enemy can hear you across the map, so everyone is playing slower.

Essentially this game is boring now. FFA and SnD are near unplayable because of it.

phxs72

You need to branch out and try different gamemodes.  I've never played much SnD because I'd rather be playing the game than watching other people play after I die.  But I have played plenty of FFA and I barely see anyone using DS or Sitrep Pro.  Not that I'd care if they did.  People camp FFA because controlling an area is the best way to win.  They camped it before the Sitrep buff and still do.  In the other gamemodes you are more likely to see Marksman or Steady Aim being used.  The increase in campiness in general lately has to do with the ridiculous lag spikes that everyone is experiencing (not the perks).  You camp to avoid getting insta killed at every corner.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

THIS ^

I tend to play more cautiously and I will camp whenever I felt the lag comp is working against me. Run and gunning while you're lagging is not a good idea and will only cause you to experience more BS deaths.

Bullets fly, take cover. It's not all camping. It would be fun to have a suicide vest that lets you run and be unstoppable for 10 seconds so you can get to an enemy's spawn and blow away all the campers lol! Campers are easy to kill anyway. Anyone who cries about them just don't got game. Learn up kids.

obzi

I agree with phxs72 in that lag is playing a part, last night I was lagging so much and had to change my game style and do what what some would call camping when in fact I was constantly on the move around the map but very slowly.

With the first minute on Bakara the lag took me to 0-8, everyone had the jump on me and so I had no choice, in the end I ended up +2 kills but my god I was lucky.

I have no real problem with people camping from time to time, it's part of the game and always has been but I detest corner campers who just sit there and don't move.

I have the same issue, it's not exactly lag comp that seems the issue as much. Honestly, I constantly have an semi-auto sniper and tons of people using long ranged weapons that hide in the back of the map. Almost every game this happens.

I hardly finish a game before the time limit, usually the time runs out and the max kill amount isn't close to being reached because the other team just doesn't leave their spawn and my team resorts to staying in our spawn...

So irritating.

taymedown

You wanna see some camping..Try hardcore TDM..ITs unbelievable lately

Livewire

taymedown wrote:

You wanna see some camping..Try hardcore TDM..ITs unbelievable lately

Hardcore has more campers than a summer festival. It's good fun getting those paybacks though.

UntouchableWolf

Camping has been going on in every single COD series. It has always been a high volume of campers in MW3 since the release and thats why i say lets give them a tent and some hotdogs so they can make a campfire too.

But really i dont have a problem with campers, rushers, or anyone in between. Everyone should play the game how they want because its all about having fun and i also know that it makes me a better gamer overall to face all type of gamers.

bshady37

I feel exactly the same way! I dislike when people complain soooo much about campers....my solution for those stationary tactics is a shot gun!

Livewire

UntouchableWolf wrote:

Camping has been going on in every single COD series. It has always been a high volume of campers in MW3 since the release and thats why i say lets give them a tent and some hotdogs so they can make a campfire too.

But really i dont have a problem with campers, rushers, or anyone in between. Everyone should play the game how they want because its all about having fun and i also know that it makes me a better gamer overall to face all type of gamers.

Exactly, the sooner others adopt this attitude the better.