27 Replies Latest reply: May 25, 2013 3:29 PM by Captainboom1 RSS

Can't upload Videos to Elite

When I attempt to "render" any of my videos it goes as planned- It loads, plays through the clip and uploaded and says I can view it on theater.callofduty.com.  However, when I go to that or my playercard I find no videos or clips.  It says that I haven't uploaded any.  I have tried uploading them multiple times but it won't work.  Please help me.  Here is what I am doing, maybe I'm doing something wrong:  Go to theater mode record what I want then I upload it to the online vault.  After that I go to the selected clip and hit render, wait for it to load, go through the clip, wait for it to upload, and then the thing pops up on your screen saying that I can view it on theater.callofduty.com so I press ok.  Even though I have done it multiple times nothing has shown up on the site.  Is there a certain wait period for it to actually upload to the site or is it immediate?

Thank you for your time and patience,

SILKYSOX

• Re: Can't upload Videos to Elite

im having the same problem. i even made a youtube account to link it to and it uploaded to youtube but still nothing on elite

Mine doest even render through the clip idk what to do

There are a number of separate issues affecting some theater users at this time. We have a collection of theater fixes cued up for the January TU and are actively working to see if any problems, such as the 'greyed out render option' problem, are hot fixable prior to this date.

The Elite team too is aware of these issues. I'll copy the Beachhead community manager to see if he can chime in on this thread regarding linking issues.

We realise how frustrating this must be and thank you for your patience while we get matters resolved.

I'll keep this thread updated on progress.

G IH A IN ID II

Hi everyone.

I'm here from the Beachhead Studio team at ELITE. Hopefully I can jump on a few threads like this and give additional answers.

GHANDI gave a pretty good answer here -- there are some fixes coming in a January patch that will help.

Additionally, on the ELITE side, we're testing some fixes right now that will give better error messages when you have trouble linking your account or have other YouTube issues.

We'll give you a headsup when the better error messaging and other fixes go live -- some this week and some in early January.

Beachhead

What about fixes for render problems? I render my clips (20 seconds) and it does the whole process of "upload complete etc..." yet when i watch my rendered clip back, im getting (instead of a 20 second clip) a 5 second clip of me looking at a wall, with a horrid high pitched noise in the back ground. And also, when i watch a clip (before rendering) and i ge to the end of the clip, and rewind it back to the begining, im holding a completely different gun.

Example - Seatown, Search And Destroy. In round one i used a barret. In rounds 2,3 and 4 i used a Ump. When i watch the whole clip, its fine. Yet if i rewind it to the start, im holding the barret through out the entire game. Its even shooting like a Ump...

Level with me guys, when (realisticly) do you all have a set date, that you think all major problems with theater will be fixed? So that we can start using it properly? Just give me that much

One of the networking updates we deployed introduced a problem with replays from round based games. There are a number of other issues depending on platform which we are clearing up on the MW3 game side - some real bugs, others lack of adequate user feedback when something isn't working for the right reasons.

These fixes are coming in January along with HD rendering on PS3.

I totally understand your frustration and can only ask you and others suffering from these issues for patience until then.

Best,

G IH A IN ID II

Hey im patient But listen guys (DEVS) - dont be disheartened by the rampant butt pounding your all getting here on the forums for bugs. The fact is, your working on the problems, and for a job done right... its not done over night. (little motto there for you ) Hope all is okay! Thanks for working on the errors maybe a 2xp weekend this christmas to make up for it would suffice

Speaking of, (and a little off topic) will you still support 2xp weekends? And if so, what happens if someone uses their 2 hours 2xp, during a 2xp weekend. Does it make it a quad xp? thanks guys! much love!

bustaruff

Will this patch also address videos that are downloaded, played for render, but then instantly say they've uploaded (instead of actually taking the time to upload)?

I'm currently having this issue. I've successfully uploaded in the past, but any attempts to upload at this time make a double post to my youtube of an empty video. Nothing posts (not even a blank) to my elite profile, if that helps with troubleshooting.

it is 13/8/2012 ... i just rendered a video and it sayed that it will show up on my theater but on my theater there are no videos... i even checked my youtube and nothing is  there... please help

lazarus6

Check out this thread for tips on how to get your videos to render properly. Here.

It wont even let me RENDER the video so idk what im doing wrong i recorded it right but when i try to hover over render it just skips it HELP PLEASE

xTzSTrickz wrote:

It wont even let me RENDER the video so idk what im doing wrong i recorded it right but when i try to hover over render it just skips it HELP PLEASE

Are you playing on an Xbox360 arcade machine?

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

vims1990

Hi GHANDI,

I've actually had a similar issue on the new 250GB XBOX 360 Consoles when uploading clips to YouTube.

Basically when it's at the uploading stage, a 1min clip for example uploads within 2 seconds (when it takes much longer than 2 seconds) and once I check YouTube & it's processing, an error shows up in the video.

Also at times, the audio & video aren't in sync. Just an example of my clips video/audio not in sync & a buzzing sound at the beginning on a video.

Lastly when you finished uploading a clip to your fileshare & about to render, it shows up with the message:

"Error

The file you are looking for might have been removed, modified, or is temporarily unavailable. "

Elit3Mum

i get a error that the server time went backwards and cant reply the clips lol

Hello Elit3Mum,

I am sorry to hear you are having this problem.  Are you also playing on XBox 360 as well?  This could be an error due to a corrupt file saved to the console.

If you are on XBox 360, go to Settings > System > Storage > Games & Apps > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, and verify there are no corrupt files in this folder.

If you have any other issues beyond this, please let us know.

easytarger56

I am also experiencing this issue. I have uploaded and rendered a video. It has been posted on my facebook, my linked youtube account but will not show up on my elite mw3 playercard so I can't participate in the NewToob events. Any resolutions?

are you serious? JANUARY? its July dude. Making us wait way too long. That's b.s. I'd like to upload my videos to YouTube now, not in 5-6 months. Hop on it, please.

yea this is extremely frustrating its been 10 months and i still cant upload my videos wtf i am more then disappointed with elite and mw3 all together.

yea this is extremely frustrating its been 10 months and i still cant upload my videos wtf i am more then disappointed with elite and mw3 all together.

yea this is extremely frustrating its been 10 months and i still cant upload my videos  i am more then disappointed with elite and mw3 all together.

i render it 100% and it says its been uploaded to elite but when i go on it doesnt show up

Captainboom1

Im Having Trouble too But it says i cant upload from psn. when i am elite and set up for it.