13 Replies Latest reply: Oct 6, 2012 10:17 AM by Iamcod RSS

How do you have fun playing HC?

MoNsTeR_zAcH

I have been playing this for the last 3 days trying to level up my Spas-12 and have had nothing but aggravation. This gamemode is the most broken thing in CoD ever. The ballistic vest gives you the health of a core player, it is nothing but campers 1 hitting you, and the explosives are a gauranteed 1 hit kill. Would someone tell me how this is in any way fun for you?

• Re: How do you have fun playing HC?
    nicedrewishfela

The sad thing is, in MW3 it just wasn't. Been a long time HC player, always enjoyed it over Core, but they really messed it up in MW3. Ricochet was the first step to it's doom.

It plays more like Core, and the connectivity issues of the game overall are amplified in HC. Gotten more Hit Markers in MW3 HC than I ever got in any previous titles. It is  shame what they did to HC, and I hope it makes a comeback in BOII.

riffy08

It's funny because I can't stand Core anymore...unloading 1/2 to 3/4 a clip into someone for a kill was getting old...I thought playing HC in MW3 "feels right" when compared to Core....don't ask me why.

Noob_Lyncher

Getting quick kills on 3 people with your submachine gun. Also, when people start being really douchey in HC, i'll tube and piss them off. So much fun.

IHerpIMyIDerp

I actually didn't play any HC in the previous games. I enjoy it because I can get crazy multikills. And I can counter tubes/ lag with vests.

phxs72

I'm not a big HC player.  Core is more my style but I can still enjoy a good game of HC.  You do have to move at a slower pace generally speaking and you have to be very quick with your aim or you will get eaten alive.  Shotguns (and pistols btw) are good in HC but you have to stay in close quarters areas at least until you get range to keep the gunfights in your favor.  Also learn you use your grenades to your advantage to check common camping spots while you hide behind cover.  Like you said, a grenade is often a OHK.  So take advantage of it.

Cable99

I'm HC from way back. COD4, I think-its been a while. Anyway, I like HC KC in MW3 because it has the HC kill factor with the pace of a Core game. i've always believed HC requires one to THINK more instead of just reacting. Also, a grenade is a deadly object, yet in Core it doesn't kill. Frustrating. In HC, used properly, its devastating. I should know-just hit 88 in the world for Fragger last night. I think Core requires better aim, though. In HC, shooting someone's foot is lethal. Agian, makes you think. You can't just hide behind a car/truck-you have to align your feet with the tires so you can't be seen.

Leveling up a shotgun in HC is a *****. You have to stick to close-in areas, which eliminates sprints across open sections. This type of game play takes a LOT of thought. I'd stick to Core to level your Spas or whatever.

deucedouglas

I've always been a Core player but I actually really enjoyed MW2 hardcore. I didn't play much of it in Black Ops but I've given it a little bit of play in MW3 and it's terrible. Like someone else said, it just amplifies everything that is frustrating about the game. The lag is even more aggravating. The spawns, despite the timer, are even worse than core. Vests and deathstreaks are even more powerful.

The only think I don't like about HC by Infinity Ward is ricochet. They gave us back non ricochet HC in 3v3 but your teammates can kill you and you get a death counted against you which is horrible! Why they didn't copy Treyarch's version of HC is beyond me. For those who think HC is nothing but a campfest, you are dead wrong! There are way more runners in HC than people realize. The pace is different and you actually have to play more than half a match to realize this. I wouldn't play CoD if it wasnt' for HC. I played the beta for Medal of Honor Warfighter yesterday and you have to pump more bullets into the enemy than Core! So much for realistic. HC all the way!

maccabi

Gh0sted76 wrote:

The only think I don't like about HC by Infinity Ward is ricochet. They gave us back non ricochet HC in 3v3 but your teammates can kill you and you get a death counted against you which is horrible! Why they didn't copy Treyarch's version of HC is beyond me. For those who think HC is nothing but a campfest, you are dead wrong! There are way more runners in HC than people realize. The pace is different and you actually have to play more than half a match to realize this. I wouldn't play CoD if it wasnt' for HC. I played the beta for Medal of Honor Warfighter yesterday and you have to pump more bullets into the enemy than Core! So much for realistic. HC all the way!

I really pushed for no richochet in face off, as I know alot of hc players absolutely detest it (myself included). The problem is the way the way the game is coded, yes I completely agree 3arcs hc system is alot better but unfortunaly mw3 doesnt have that coded in, and to do so at this late stage would have been a major undertaking.

I also completely agree (discounting the hc clan ops where we get inundated with core players) I have always found hc in mw (even with richochet and its numerous additional issues by using it) far more fast paced than people assume, especially hc kc .

Final point I will add as well as she deserves serious props and something i think alot of hc players aren't aware of is Candyslexia , over the months she has gone above and beyond fighting and arguing our (hc) case inside Iw towers, especially the issue of richochet.

riffy08

I didn't think about ricochet at all when playing HC Face-Off that day.  It was Aground, and I saw my teammate set up a line of sight to my right across the map(down the stairs shore-side).  It was quiet, so I ran down the stairs  and around the corner and Boom!  I got nailed for the game winning killcam...by my teammate.  That's how I realized it wasn't ricochet, lol. 

I liked HC a lot better when it was the 3 kill and you're out of there rule.