1 484 485 486 487 488 Previous Next 6,020 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2013 12:07 AM by kastro187420 Go to original post RSS
  • 4,850. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    BladesOut

"[Removed by Moderator]" just a comment I heard earlier from a player that was basically untouchable and having 30+ kills in a TDM... Hmmm... And now I understand why trialstardragon defends this game so hard...

• 4,851. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    trialstardragon

I do not defend this game nearly as hard as you think. I have been critical about the flaws of this game often. Just perhaps not in the threads that some would think I should like those that cry about SRP or other things thare are not broke about the game. The game is flawed, it is not perfect and never will be, I know this well enough. Yet it is not broke either, it can be played, maybe not to likes and desires of how some people want it but that is irrevelant.

• 4,852. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    trialstardragon

And that elite attitude is exactly what lag compensation was desinged to remove from this game series. To balance out the game play so no one had the advantage; because no one deserves an advantage just because they choose to pay for better internet. Yet those like you will never understand or accept this and still will continue to think that just because you pay more for your bandwidth which really has nothing to do with the game that you should have better game play. You are not entitled to a better game just because you pay more. You are not special or privileged when it comes to online games and how they work on consoles. Get your entitlement mind and attitude out of it. You higher bandwidth does not entitle you to anything special in online games on consoles.

No one should be forced to move to get better internet just to play a game online just because some players think they should because they care about a stupid stat that means nothing outside of the game at all. Your stats mean nothing at all once the game is turned off. No one but you gives a damn what they are when you are not playing the game. So you are not special by any means, nor do you derserve any special treatment because you pay more for your internet.

• 4,853. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    kastro187420

trialstardragon wrote:

And that elite attitude is exactly what lag compensation was desinged to remove from this game series. To balance out the game play so no one had the advantage; because no one deserves an advantage just because they choose to pay for better internet. Yet those like you will never understand or accept this and still will continue to think that just because you pay more for your bandwidth which really has nothing to do with the game that you should have better game play. You are not entitled to a better game just because you pay more. You are not special or privileged when it comes to online games and how they work on consoles. Get your entitlement mind and attitude out of it. You higher bandwidth does not entitle you to anything special in online games on consoles.

No one should be forced to move to get better internet just to play a game online just because some players think they should because they care about a stupid stat that means nothing outside of the game at all. Your stats mean nothing at all once the game is turned off. No one but you gives a damn what they are when you are not playing the game. So you are not special by any means, nor do you derserve any special treatment because you pay more for your internet.

It's not Elite to think that paying for an internet connection that provides a fast speed without any hiccups or packet loss should allow you a quality connection. That's like saying that just because you pay for a car with higher gas mileage your car shouldn't gain those extra miles.

It shouldn't be up to Infinityward, nor any game company for that matter, to attempt to compensate someone else's lack of quality internet. If I am paying for a high-speed cable internet connection, and the person I'm playing against is mooching off their neighbors wi-fi, of course I'm going to have a better experience. My faster ping means a faster transfer of data, their slower ping means a slower transfer. What makes you believe a slower transfer should be equal to a higher one?

It's that kind of attitude that created this problem where 10 months in, the connections are STILL crap. It's that kind of attitude which made it so widely accepted that out of every CoD out there, MW3 has the WORST connection issues.

So you are not special by any means, nor do you derserve any special treatment because you pay more for your internet.

The problem is, you believe it's a special treatment. The ones getting the special treatment, are the players who choose (for whatever reason) not to pay for a higher quality internet. The people who DO have a good internet are being artificially handicapped to help out the others.

Those of us with half-decent connections are simply asking that they count for what they are. Like I said, you wouldn't artificially limit someone's Gas Mileage just because it's not fair would you?

• 4,855. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    mudd1280

thank you for saying what i didnt know how to put it. and another thing I know for a fact that this game pairs people up with people from both side of the sea and that is mostly the problem unlike BO and WaW, and this is were IW should have taken clues from, they need to have a country or a Locale selector so i can choose to not play with people from a third world country

• 4,856. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    vims1990

Aren't you contradicting yourself by saying that no one should get an advantage however you're fine with those with less than adequate connections getting an advantage now that the host is getting screwed over because of this.

Whatever you think is currently "balanced" in MW3 is not balanced gameplay to those with good connections & which has not been since the game launched.

I support an even playing field but in this technological age, this isn't possible unless we're all playing on LAN connections in the same room/building.

Now, when I look at good vs. bad connections, I'm looking at your ping to the host

Just as an example, you can't expect a player living in Brazil to get a fair game when connecting to a host from New York (which means high ping for the player living in Brazil). One player will have to suffer latency & delayed reactions. You can't just simply balance it by each player to be in sync with each other when one lives in a different country opposed to the other hosting from another country.

Now looking at bandwidth

Should players who 1 bar/2 bar connections be delayed whether it was joining a match from halfway across the world or your ISP slowed your connection to dial up speeds (because you haven't paid your internet bill or you used up your internet allowance) or a family member is using up your bandwidth downloading torrents?

In my opinion, most definitely. It's a warning in-game to do something about it. Don't allow a developer to manipulate someone's connection just because a player hasn't paid their internet bill or there is someone in the family using up the bandwidth.

• 4,857. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    kastro187420

I know this is a Taboo discussion here, but hopefully since I'm going to do this in a different light, the mods might allow it to stay:

Yes, I'm going to talk Shotguns. No, I'm not asking to buff them. That discussion has been done to death, and for whatever strange reason, IW thinks they're fine. As wrong as they might be, IW is entitled to their opinion.

What I AM asking for is a buff to the challenge XP we gain from using them. You see, I think most people here can agree that the shotguns only really become useful once you factor in Range and Damage proficiencies. However, as we're all aware, those are late-level unlocks. The last two to be specific, usually between levels 23-28. And again, as we all know, the grind to that point can be painful (lol 1887). I myself just hit level 80 again and have only just now hit level 23 on the KSG, despite using it quite a bit on this prestige.

The problem lies in the fact that the challenge xp simply isn't proportional to what we're being asked to do with them. To make the grind a little less painful, I suggest adjusting the xp you get for the challenges to something like this:

For attachments such as the RDS/Holographic, make a 3-5000xp challenge instead of 1k. Both of those attachments are rather useless, and requiring 40-60 kills to complete the challenge, just for a measly 1,000xp just seems hardly worth the effort of giving up something such as the Grip (or if you play Hardcore, the Suppressor). Buffing those challenges provides an extra 6-10k xp towards the gun's rank. I'd say that makes it worth going through those 2 attachments.

The suppressor is even more laughable at only 750xp. You only need 15 kills, but still. It requires you nerf your own weapon even more in the range department, something the shotguns already severely lack. Buff that 1500xp and it might be worth it.

The Grip is fine as it is because most people will use that anyway. It's not something they're going to do just for the challenges most of the time. The same with Extended Magazines. I don't see many people equipping it purely for the XP.

By buffing all of the xp associated with these challenges, it makes it slightly less painful going through the grind to level them up to a half-useful state. Currently, unless I'm just really bad with them, it seems like the only way you're going to max out a shotgun, is if you use it pretty much from the start of a prestige, until the end of it, or slap on Double Weapon Xp for a while.

Doing this might also help appease the crowd that wants the shotguns buffed stat-wise since it would make it a little more tolerable going through the grind to the higher levels. Or, just do the easy thing and move Range/Damage into the lower levels.

• 4,858. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    Ss78_

Unfortunately trialstardragon they never removed the advantage they just flipped the advantage from the best connection to the worst connection. Then when  you add seriously questionable matchmaking into the mix and the botched effort to smooth the graphics to hide the bad sync they completely ruined any chance of proper sync.

People want and would appreciate online gaming to feel as responsive as LAN gaming, yes this is tricky to achieve, no one is disputing that. When you forget to apply the fundamentals to your network logic that was previously built on a solid foundation and tweak it to compensate for someone's lesser connection when you're actually reliant on the best available connection the result is MW3. Let's hope it was a lesson learned.

Oh and people do move to locations where better Internet is available. I've done it myself twice now when choosing my locations in cities as when you reach a certain level of connection the usual trend is to move forwards and not backwards, this applies to many things in life too. There has also been many reports on this phenomenon as this is a technological age where people are extremely reliant on the Internet for many self chosen reasons.

Since being forced to play what I regard kiddy infection mode on dome 24/7 I've moved on from MW3 and played black ops/BF3/MOH warfighter and enjoyed the online gaming it worked better than MW3 on all three even the beta. I'll be back again IF they release the network patch as COD is my favourite FPS even though it punishes me now for keeping up with technological advancements.

• 4,859. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

To put this internet connection into perspective.  When I first started playing MW2, I had our "basic" internet connection speed, 3 meg down.  I always had 2 or 3 bars.  I NEVER had a 4 bar connection to the host.  And my overall gameplay experience suffered because of the internet I chose to purchase.  To rectify my experience, I upgraded my internet to the fastest I could get and I never had less than a 4 bar connection to the host and always had a great time.  GHANDI stated that they tried to make everyone "EVEN" witht the netcoding they put into place with MW3.  From what we have experienced with this installment, we can say this is a fail on their part.  Most of the free world, except those living in the boondocks, can get access to a premium ISP.  IW catered to those that can't get a premium ISP and it backfired.  Hopefully they will revert their next installment and not punish those of us who can get a premium ISP.  If they don't, the original IW team, Respawn Entertainment will kill their next title next year.  I love COD and will always support them, but it's getting old when I have 4 bars and get killed by sync/lag issues.