1 485 486 487 488 489 Previous Next 6,020 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2013 12:07 AM by kastro187420 Go to original post RSS
  • 4,860. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    hiddenoffline

Most of us became cod fans due to low latency, high fps and fast kills. Lag compensation lowers the overall quality of the gameplay and improves it for the 1%.                 That percentage is crap I know but altering the sync of the game so much that people are suddenly appearing out of thin air and instantly killing people is not what we were expecting after how well the netcoding was done in cod 4 and mw2.        You may call it balance and I agree to a point that it is but they simply went too far.

• 4,861. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    Ss78_

Yup, we're all preaching to a very large choir. Does IW hear the voices? That's the real question.

So they've made the lesser connections happy for a year, maybe the next goal should be to try and make it "Even" as you state.

It's unfortunate that the majority of cod players don't have the knowledge and understanding to give the feedback they need to make such network code changes a real priority. Such a game that creates such an income should try and protect their long term interest in profits by keeping the real time problems in check, yes hacking in the last 2 titles has been seriously reduced, good job on that. Now step it up a notch on fixing the second highest priority problem, network code and matchmaking.

Another company will come along and take the throne soon enough if dangling a carrot continuosly on a neverending piece of string is their  method to informing us of solutions. The other companies know their problems. That's the downfall to being at the top the rest want to out do you and wait and watch for your mistakes only to use them and try and better you

• 4,862. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    hiddenoffline

All the current system they are using for netcoding/lag compensation is doing is lowering the overall quality of the game.                                                                                             Why not go back to making good bandwidth and latency a pro instead of a con like the current system. Raise the bar, don't lower it.

• 4,863. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    otisman666

Hey, I have been caught up with Boardlands II for the past week (recommend it to anyone looking for some decent FPS fun), thus I have not been online with MW3.  Has anything been updated?  I went back about 10 pages worth, but I can't seem to find any talk about an ETA or anything.

• 4,864. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

otisman666 wrote:

Hey, I have been caught up with Boardlands II for the past week (recommend it to anyone looking for some decent FPS fun), thus I have not been online with MW3.  Has anything been updated?  I went back about 10 pages worth, but I can't seem to find any talk about an ETA or anything.

no news, we are being treated to some mushroom syndrome.

• 4,865. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

lets be honest here, the DLC is done with, so they will not update the game again, they seem to be more concerned with MW2 now apparently; any way we can find a problem with one of MW3s maps to get emergency TUs made? lol

• 4,866. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    teanah

Hello everybody!

• 4,867. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    roachoutro

ETA on "Lag Comp" patch?

• 4,868. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

say teanah, did you know that if the mp team were to drop the max damage range of the ksg and spas to 300 inches and buff its max damage to 36 that those two weapons would get 300 inches of 2 pellet kill range (with damage prof) with literally zero increase in range effectiveness?  But it would have a significant impact on the pumps close range inconsistencies.

All other ranges would remain the same.  The ranges at which they would need 3, 4, 5 pellets to kill would all be identical to the current distances.  That would be the same with literally every setup imaginable with them.  Their standard ranges, and their ranges with the range proficiency would all be the same as they are now with just that shorter initial range where it would take one less pellet to kill than it currently does.  Weird huh.

Also did you know that if they changed the aa12 from 8 pellets per shot to 6 pellets per shot, while changing its damage profile from where it is currently (15-5)  to 25-15 damage per pellet and tighten its spread from where it currently is (8 degrees) to 6 degrees that it would get the performance increase it sorely needs and avoid the frame rate issues that shotgun spam "can" generate. 

Just some food for thought.

• 4,869. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    teanah

roachoutro wrote:

ETA on "Lag Comp" patch?

So here's the thing; there isn't just ONE solution for lag compensation. It's a complex situation that deals with matchmaking and we are continually making tweaks. We are especially keeping an eye on multiplayer and making adjustments where we can. I believe that last update was a week or two ago when we changed how folks entered matches for PS3. But this conversation won't end with one post; stay tuned.