1 487 488 489 490 491 Previous Next 6,020 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2013 12:07 AM by kastro187420 Go to original post RSS
  • 4,880. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    trialstardragon

I can agree with what you said here. The attempt that was made did fail and its part the developers fault and their poor host selection and matchmaking process, part the players fault for thinking they deserve an advantage for paying more for internet then changing their connection to try and get the advantage.

I know I come off as an arse sometimes. Just gets tiring trying to repeat the fact that higher bandwidth does not mean better game sometimes. But yes the lag comp in this game was not done correctly. And really never can because of the players that will always try to exploit the system to get an advantage. But even then I still feel the direction they tried to go was a good idea, just maybe not done in the best of ways.

• 4,881. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    sfod-d

@ Teanah or Ghandi, So you admit to misleading us about the content of TU22 for PS3, my question for you is, will there even be an October lag comp TU or were you misleading us about that also?  Please don't lie to your loyal customers anymore, will the game be fixed before BO2 or not?

• 4,882. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    ChestSplittah

@ G IH A IN ID II: Hi.

• 4,883. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    DecisiveBlow

teanah wrote:

Also, say hi to Ghandi because he's watching the forums even though he isn't posting

Hotspur still sucks

• 4,884. Re: MODERN WARFARE 3 TITLE UPDATE AND HOT FIX DISCUSSION

"Further improvements to network performance."

I hope that means the removal of Lag Compensation, going back to the MW2 netcode, and focusing on making the best matchmaking possible instead of wasting time on effort on ****ing with this horrible Lag Comp system that will always make the game unplayable for certain people every time they tweak it...

Seriously, MW2's connection was almost perfect. Sure, if you had a low ping(less bars) the host would have a slight advantage over you. But it was nothing game breaking. But as long as you had 4 bars, the game ran flawless. On the other hand, what happens in MW3 IS game breaking. Every time you guys make a patch, it changes. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the WORSE EVER. Sometimes it completely ruins the game for me, sometimes it goes back to being playable. I never had this problem in MW2. It was perfect for a P2P game. Why try to fix what wasn't broken?

• 4,885. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

teanah wrote:

So here's the thing; there isn't just ONE solution for lag compensation. It's a complex situation that deals with matchmaking and we are continually making tweaks. We are especially keeping an eye on multiplayer and making adjustments where we can. I believe that last update was a week or two ago when we changed how folks entered matches for PS3. But this conversation won't end with one post; stay tuned.

Does this mean that the title update that you're supposed to release this month doesn't fix the issue?

Ghandi, check your PMs.

• 4,886. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

teanah wrote:

roachoutro wrote:

ETA on "Lag Comp" patch?

So here's the thing; there isn't just ONE solution for lag compensation. It's a complex situation that deals with matchmaking and we are continually making tweaks. We are especially keeping an eye on multiplayer and making adjustments where we can. I believe that last update was a week or two ago when we changed how folks entered matches for PS3. But this conversation won't end with one post; stay tuned.

i'm well aware this is a complex situation, its so complex you guys dont even know how to fix your own mess you created after 10 months of trying, compiling the misery on me one TU after another, why when attempting this flawed make everybody even rubbish did you guys not implement a failsafe that could easily be reverted to mw2 standards that we were accustomed to.

and btw being misleading at this stage after all we have put up with isnt going to win you any fans, deceit is never a good option, best being honest, we can handle the truth not BS.

• 4,887. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    otisman666

teanah wrote:

Seriously?  This was the best you could come up with?  I am willing to bet nothing was "tweaked" on the PS3 contrary to what you might "believe".  Are things really that bad over there that we are resorting to this type of communication technique?

@Community:

Read between the lines people, even if something is to come in the next few weeks, it won't have a material impact on the situations we are encountering now. 

@Teenah:

Yes we will stay tuned, I'd say your next appearance which will pretend to have useful information should be in about 10 days.  It will either be a "hang in there" type of message or "wasn't this already fixed" type of thing (oh wait you just used that one).

I appologize for being critical, but this fiasco / charade has gone on long enough, don't you think?

• 4,888. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

dude there is no need to go at her, its not her fault that people steal  there  appartments wifi to play the game.. Iw and AV can only do so much, the players have a huge role to lag.. yes. Im in Florida and I do not know why I get thrown in french lobbies.. but if there isnt any matches in my area, then it makes sense to go to a farther area.. i dont know if france should be the area lol.

lag is not a new issue, so relax, its just a game, its not life, and if it is your life, then you need a hobbie

• 4,889. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    teanah

sfod-d wrote:

@ Teanah or Ghandi, So you admit to misleading us about the content of TU22 for PS3, my question for you is, will there even be an October lag comp TU or were you misleading us about that also?  Please don't lie to your loyal customers anymore, will the game be fixed before BO2 or not?

If you need a reason as to why details weren't layed out, that's another discussion. Also, there is another TU in the works in the next couple of weeks