1 490 491 492 493 494 Previous Next 6,020 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2013 12:07 AM by kastro187420 Go to original post RSS
  • 4,910. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    Nubdub

teanah wrote:

I am putting the latest patch notes update here:

Title Update 23

Significantly reduced lag spikes caused when someone joined a match in progress.

Added more matchmaking/performance telemetry to allow us to optimize our backend servers

New networking code improvements to be initially rolled out in the Domination playlist October 10th, mid-morning with more playlists to come

Looks to me like another placebo. Try to get more players on a particular playlist to improve regional matchmaking. Not a fix, a diversion.

• 4,911. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    pulling69

Nubdub wrote:

teanah wrote:

Title Update 23

Significantly reduced lag spikes caused when someone joined a match in progress.

Added more matchmaking/performance telemetry to allow us to optimize our backend servers

New networking code improvements to be initially rolled out in the Domination playlist October 10th, mid-morning with more playlists to come

Looks to me like another placebo. Try to get more players on a particular playlist to improve regional matchmaking. Not a fix, a diversion.

It will be just like the last 2 "fixes" to the matchmaking in particular modes: work for about 2 days and then disappear. There still has been no explanation why the first improvemnt in TDM went poof or why the 2nd supposed fix never actually happened.

PS The fact that they are adding even more(which has happened now in a number of patches) performance telemetry tells me they have no idea how to fix what is broken. Such a great 11 months, such improvement

• 4,912. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    eko

teanah wrote:

Title Update 23

No fix for the hacked xp lobbies?

• 4,913. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    Nubdub

The reason it "seems" to work is due to IW telling us its only being rolled out to a certain playlist and players migrate to that playlist to "test" the new settings. All that is really happening is more players are in the playlist they say has been tweaked, thus creating a temporary "better" matchmaking environment. Once people start shying away from the "tweaked" playlist, everything goes back to crap.

• 4,914. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    candyslexia

spam_cannon wrote:

The information for TU 1.08 is incorrect.  The strikers core stats were not changed in that patch.  The only thing that was done to the striker was the removal of the emags glitch.  The striker was not nerfed in that patch.

It is correct actually, we adjusted the spread on the striker during the shotgun re-balance.

• 4,915. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    teanah

Nubdub wrote:

The reason it "seems" to work is due to IW telling us its only being rolled out to a certain playlist and players migrate to that playlist to "test" the new settings. All that is really happening is more players are in the playlist they say has been tweaked, thus creating a temporary "better" matchmaking environment. Once people start shying away from the "tweaked" playlist, everything goes back to crap.

I can 100% confirm everything you just said is not true. We really are testing it on domination first.

• 4,916. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    teanah

Pjmara5 wrote:

Hello Teanah (and community),

I was messing around with the p90 last night and noticed that it shot slower than most ARs (M4, Scar L, G36c). I did some tests in private match and was astonished to find out that I wasn't tripping.

Did some research and found out that in game, the P90 currently shoots at 716 rpm, way lower than the intended 857 rpm published in the game's official guide and stat charts everywhere. Furthermore, this test chart that a fellow community member was kind enough to provide proves my point.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0Av5t-DE1i_xfdE5qd Ug4MkhPRFhBWmo3MnhHV09GeGc&output=html

Check out the data for the P90. It shows that there is indeed a huge disparity. Granted, there are minor disparities for other guns, but the P90's RPM in particular isn't even close to reflecting what the devs intended.

@Teanah - Could you kindly bring this up as something to research and perhaps hotfix.

Thanks!

I'll ask our producer first thing tomorrow!

• 4,917. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    kastro187420

teanah wrote:

Nubdub wrote:

I can 100% confirm everything you just said is not true. We really are testing it on domination first.

Does this include Groundwar Domination, or just the regular Core Domination playlist?

• 4,918. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    Ss78_

teanah wrote:

Title Update 23

Could you verify the version number for this update on the 360. I just blew the dust of the disc and popped it in to get updated to 1.8.602.1 ?

Since dom always had slightly better games imo due to higher population levels I would like to suggest you migrate the network code test environment to a playlist with less population like HQ and/or mercenary as well.

Edit:

Well if that is the improvement fix the jury is still out. Still getting shot around corners but one thing I immediately noticed about this game since switching from playing others is the player collision when members of your team spawn is insane. You can't really get a proper feel for a fix when you play parish twice and oasis once anyway.

• 4,919. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    Jake02

G IH A IN ID II,

Could the TU / Hotfix info be incorporated into the actual interface of the game as a separate item off of the main menu. A place for platform specific Users to view and report back on aspects such as what is being provided similar to this thread - a controlled environment for the Users to provide timely feedback to the developers as the game cycle moves forward.

Just a thought.

Jake