20 Replies Latest reply: Oct 24, 2012 7:52 AM by kemicalsupreme RSS

Activision and Infinity Ward Should Re-release Modern Warfare 2

Zen Tinel

• Re: Activision and Infinity Ward Should Re-release Modern Warfare 2
    Izjar11

For me Mw3 was the biggest stepback in Cod history  for many reason

Setback is abit much, they had some great ideas in this game it wasn't executed as it should have.

Mw2 was literally the only game that I stayed up all night playing

Was it your first COD game?

Mw2 had, in my opinion, the best, most creative  maps ever; Terminal, Skidrow, Carnival. The gameplay was explosive. There were  games that I jus didnt want to ever end, like Ground War in Terminal. This game  offered balance like no other game. If you picked something amazing, you gave up  something amazing at the same time. This game offered identities. You could be  the heavy assualt player with an Assault rifle, Stopping Power and Sleight of  Hand. Or you could be the fast-running knifing person with Marathon,  Leightweigth and Tactical Knifes. Gillie Snipers, Noob Tubbers and Ninjas  complete the list. Every game felt like something amazing was going to happen,  multikills, nukes, etc. No other game felt so adrenalizing as Mw2. And I miss it  like crazy

All your points here are valid and I as well had fun in the game. Good stuff.

This whole idea of mine would make me the happiest Cod fan in the world. Not  sure if I will be buying BO 2. It just doesnt feel like Cod anymore. The point  is I miss Mw2. I wish it was still the game it was back in 11-10-09. Very clever  release date. Now that Terminal was added to Mw3 i have gotten as nostalgic as  it gets. Now it is going to be 3 years since that beautiful game came out and I  my only wish for November of 2013 is to see Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 be  risen from the grave and re-launched for the whole world to re-enjoy the  greatest first-person shooter video game in the history of video games.

Well re-releasing MW2 is a interesting idea, will it happened probably not so don't get to happy. If your not a fan of treyarch then stay away from BOPS2. Again your idea is interesting and maybe just maybe if the COD gods allow it, your COD fantasy will come true.

Good post, thanks for being sincere.

ghamorra

This is obviously an opinion and I'll respect it as such

However, you must understand that their are more people who play this game than just you (as I'm sure you're aware). With that understanding you must know that you can have a game strictly the way you want it

chucknorris43567 wrote:

• Uavs. Get rid of Uavs, you get rid of Campers. Maybe add a 8 killstreak  Advanced Uav that cannot be shot down and reveals everyone.
    • Silencers. Not so sure about this one. Or make a perk that shows silenced  weapons on the map when shot.
    • Heartbeat Sensors. Definitely must never show up again.
    • Portable Radar. Again, gone.
    • Support Package. Biggest Bs in my opinion in Cod history.
    • Shooting down killstreaks adding to streak, no more please.
    • Scavenger should replenish everything, from guns to equipments.
    • Blind Eye, Assassin, Dead Silence. All Stealth Perks. GONE. Maybe leave one,  like Uav Jammer in Cod4.

It's clear that you have a play style and the above topic go against that play style. Claiming they should be removed is selfish. Again, understand that there are those who have different whys of playing that stand equally with yours

Also note MW3 was not a failure, it was actually a very well thought out concept that had the backing of a poor match making system. Had lag not presented itself as such a vicious factor I'm sure MW3 would be hailed as the greatest game of all time

Lastly, understand that CoD has come a long ways since the days of MW2. You claim that it was more competitive, I argue the opposite. MW2 had a flow to it that was much different that MW3 and Black Ops. MW2 was very balanced and considered every play style. Black Ops was much slower and MW3 was very fast. In a way, MW2 was the happy medium. It was also very revolutionary giving it an initial "wow" factor. This also favors the notion that it was so awesome because it was favorably compare to is predecessors

sstang1

This is a nice wish that will never happen.

For me MW2 is still my all time favorite Call of Duty - it only needed OMA and Danger Close Noobtubes and maybe MLC to be addressed to be perfect to me.

I played it a few weeks ago - didn't see any sign of hacks but there were only 21,000 people on it.

sstang1 wrote:

For me MW2 is still my all time favorite Call of Duty - it only needed OMA and Danger Close Noobtubes and maybe MLC to be addressed to be perfect to me.

Nope. It was perfect they way it was until IW/Activision let cheaters ruin it.

Tubing and MLC were part of the variety that made the game so much fun. Black Ops, for example, is so boring because there's no variety at all. Just pick AK74u, Famas or Galil, then point and shoot.

They need to get rid of the cheaters and leave everything else alone.

U BIG MOANING ***** GET A LIFE AND MAYBE U WOULD UNDERSTAND THAT THE GAME MOVES WITH THE TIMES U STUPID ****. U MOAN LIKE A BABY WHOS LOST A TOY HAVE U NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH UR TIME I MEAN 3 DAY AND 2 NIGHTS WTF! U ARE DEFO A SINGLE GEEK THE ONLY FRIENDS U HAVE IS A BLOW UP DOLL AND THE DOG THAT LICKS UR BALLS GROW UP

wridtrvlr

Was MW2 the best CoD in franchise history (before is was hacked to death)??  I'd say it was soo freaking close. 

MW3 definitely is (so close to being) the best release of the franchise so far.  Hands down there are many aspects of this title that amaze me and many others in the CoD world.  There is one ultimate kill factor for it.  The matchmaking and lag comp system they put in place.  It's horrible and has completely ruined the game for me.  I still play everyday, but I have to experience some of the worst playability for an online fps in my life.  I can go back and play BOPS and not lag as hard and there are fewer people online even playing that game. 

fatedtitan

I don't see hacks on my 360.  It's still a pretty solid, hack free game.  They did need to address some things, but I believe that what made MW2 great was the rawness of it.  IW was dealing with the lawsuit at the time and fixed almost nothing in the game unless it was game destroying.  So sure your SPAS is overpowered, but so are the other players Rafficas.  There were so many overpowered guns, that none were overpowered.  If you chose to use a crap gun, that was on you.

I think what made MW2 stand out above other CoDs was the map design.  Outside of Underpass and Derail, I loved all the maps that were in this game.  I really liked the fact that I could know places on maps that I could go and get kills.  That's not the case in Black Ops or MW3. You can't stop for two seconds or you're dead.  I enjoy being able to run down to a certain spot and pick five people off before I need to move on and start running around.

I will say this though.  A nuke is SO much easier to get than a MOAB.  Harrier, Chopper Gunner, Nuke and it's over.  Easy.  MOAB you have to get gun kills and it can be very difficult.

I play MW2 on Xbox 360 and it's fine. Barely a cheater to be found - all I see is modded kill feed colours and that's it. I would prefer a re-release of CoD 4 as a £5 or £10 "classic" because that is cheater central (rapid fire infinite noob tubes, teleporter mods, XP mods, speed mods, super jump, god mode, etc are all standard fare).

That said I joined a game of TDM in Estate, got my Harriers and Pave Low in quick succession and watched as my air support annihilated the enemy team - with one of them in the lobby afterwards calling hax against me based entirely on the killfeed (which was all Harrier / Pave Low) and the fact they died repeatedly. So not every instance of someone racking up rapid kills is hacking.

@morlock99 Cool trolling bro. No need to shout, unless you're mad, bro.

AComatoseIbex wrote:

I play MW2 on Xbox 360 and it's fine. Barely a cheater to be found - all I see is modded kill feed colours and that's it.

I guess you don't realize that every one of those who spam colored text on the screen or any other visible hacks is likely running with an UAV hack, aimbot, or other crap like that. And there are cheaters who don't spam anything on your screen, but do have their UAV hacks and aimbots on.

The game is full of cheaters on all platforms. Just because you don't always see the hacks doesn't mean they're not there.

I would notice an aimbot (all kills being headshots is a good tell for an aimbotter). I've seen plenty of videos on YouTube about MW2 being ruined, looked at them every time and thought "You know, I've never seen that". Most are on PC or PS3.

Some things are obvious, like modded prestiges, but that doesn't affect gameplay. I must honestly say the only things I have seen on MW2 are modded colour killfeed, knockback (that was in MW3 too - I know because I got into a private match where it was used so everyone could get out of maps and explore the surroundings) and hacked 9th/10th/11th prestige.

You must just be unlucky, or PS3 and PC are far more hacked than Xbox.

AComatoseIbex wrote:

I would notice an aimbot (all kills being headshots is a good tell for an aimbotter).

Actually the kind of aimbot they use in MW2 is just a modified version of the in-game aim assist. They change the variables so that instead of a slight aim assist that everyone has they get an aim assist that locks on to enemies no matter how far off their aim is. Doesn't aim to the head.

They also have a hack that removes hip spread from weapons. So for example snipers need to just tap their aim button to get a lock on and hit fire. They don't need to wait for the scope in because they don't have any hip spread.

A UAV hack is also common. It's where they see all enemies on their minimaps constantly, updating in real time. I think they see Cold-Blooded users too. There's no way to really spot this, but often they make it very obvious they know where everyone is at all times.

I'm pretty sure the 360 version is just as full of cheaters as the PS3 version. It's just that most of their hacks are not visible on other players' screens. But if you see someone spamming colored text or something, it's an almost sure indication that he has other hacks aswell.

zvers

Hmmm, no. If we are going to repeat whats already been done then lets expand CoD 2. That was at least balanced.

This is a great idea and should be taken seriously by IW. A spring release a MW2 multiplayer only re-release could make them a lot of money and make a lot of people happy.

I do however disagree with you on some of your tweaks. IMO the only rebalancing that is 100% required is Danger Close / OMA. A blast shield perk addition might be the answer to that.

They could also included the best maps from MW1&2&3 (MW3 would be lacking in that department) and remove the ones that are generally disliked.

An addition of the features that MW3 actually got right, (KS counter on screen, killstreaks resetting without dying, ect..) could also be incorporated.

You also mentioned removing the UAV, and mentioned this would reduce camping. I completely disagree with this, and feel HAVING the UAV available helps to reduce camping.

The hit detection, connection and gameplay of MW2 I fear might never be matched, which is very disappointing.

This is a great idea and should be taken seriously by IW. A spring release a MW2 multiplayer only re-release could make them a lot of money and make a lot of people happy.

I do however disagree with you on some of your tweaks. IMO the only rebalancing that is 100% required is Danger Close / OMA. A blast shield perk addition might be the answer to that.

They could also included the best maps from MW1&2&3 (MW3 would be lacking in that department) and remove the ones that are generally disliked.

An addition of the features that MW3 actually got right, (KS counter on screen, killstreaks resetting without dying, ect..) could also be incorporated.

You also mentioned removing the UAV, and mentioned this would reduce camping. I completely disagree with this, and feel HAVING the UAV available helps to reduce camping.

The hit detection, connection and gameplay of MW2 I fear might never be matched, which is very disappointing.

kemicalsupreme

Please bring back OMA with floods of noob tubes.  Please make the game so easy with all the explosvise to get cheap kills.  Please bring back the camping gameplay that way I can get harrier, chopper gunner, and a nuke!

Please bring back the game that destroyed COD game play!

Horrible idea!