3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 11, 2012 8:22 AM by badplumr RSS

Unable To Install MW3

Hi, i have just purchased a retail copy of COD MW3 but i am totally unable to install the bloody thing. when i enter the first disc i get a steam error message telling me " internet connection required". Now i have an internet connection and are able to play COD MW2, Black OPS and a number of other titles with no probs. despite the fact they are through Steam and require an internet connection What am i doing wrong. My PC is a gaming Zoostorm operating Windows 7. Any suggestions very welcome.....please help

• Re: Unable To Install MW3
    cookiedood

Dunno my friend I'm only on ps3

Ive had a quick look and maybe something here could help you

http://gamingeoc.forumfree.it/?t=58911732

wierd worlds are these

pagantaf wrote:

Hi, i have just purchased a retail copy of COD MW3 but i am totally unable to install the bloody thing. when i enter the first disc i get a steam error message telling me " internet connection required". Now i have an internet connection and are able to play COD MW2, Black OPS and a number of other titles with no probs. despite the fact they are through Steam and require an internet connection What am i doing wrong. My PC is a gaming Zoostorm operating Windows 7. Any suggestions very welcome.....please help

When you try to install it is your friends list signed in and showing you as online??

Not sure if it will hope but if you friends list is showing you as offline it may not let you install it, and also check to see if on the bottom of the main Steam window to see if it says no connection or not.

Also if you cpu is a AMD cpu you may need to update the bios on the motherboard.

OK, if you have recently just purchased MW3... well more specifically if you have had Steam previously installed on your PC - *AND* patched with the latest Steam beta update... that update is incompatible with Win 7 on the majority of PC configurations... this may be causing the connection error, specifically that I have seen with at least 2 games... Civ5 and MW3... I went through this myself this last week wondering why I wasn't able to connect and trying everything off Steam support and finally coming to terms I should probably delete the game and reinstall... nope nothing worked... then I found a post on that specific issue and the solution was: Exit Steam application completely then *delete everything in Steam folder BUT 'Steam.exe' application* and *delete everything BUT the steamapps folder (where your games are stored)* NOW, run Steam and it will self update to the most recent NON-beta version by default, do not enable the beta update, its strictly incompatible with Win 7 and/or some hardware and causes the 'connection error' also.  Try this if you are almost positive like me that you have selected the beta update for Steam... not guaranteed it will solve your problem, but if you've tried everything else, this could be something you never thought about causing the same issue.