1 497 498 499 500 501 Previous Next 6,020 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2013 12:07 AM by kastro187420 Go to original post RSS
  • 4,980. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    otisman666

I don't know man, I ran 4 hours of game play last night.  Switched lobbies at least 10 times (picking up new/different players for the squad).  While almost everyone in my group was complaining, I was in GOD MODE the entire night.  Love the patch!  Thanks guys.

• 4,981. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

Evening all,

I've not played much this past few weeks because it had become way to frustrating connection wise. 

I played a few games earlier this week and nothing seemed to have changed.  Still matched with people from 1000's miles away, still getting shot around corners, still insta-killed etc. 

I hopped onto these forums and noticed the imminent patch.  I was hopeful that this would impact the gameplay / matchmaking in a positive way.

After each game I've gone through the locations of players in the lobby.  I've had a few decent connections and they are solely in English/Welsh/Scottish lobbies.  The Irish occasionally adversely affect things but those effects are somewhat negligible.  It seems that as soon as any non-UK player - whether its 1 or 5 of them - completely destroys my chances of having a fair game.

I've tried playing with DLC on and off and this seems to make very little difference. 

So inconsistent as well.  One game you can kill a couple of people.  Next game you're cannon fodder for the whole oppsing team.

I hope that the propogation period is still ongoing because I've  noticed no positive change other than finding matches a little bit  quicker.

My friends list used to be full of people playing MW2 and Blops.  Now I'm lucky to see two people playing MW3.  Always the same two and they're the ones with the crappiest internet.  Says it all.

Is this the patch which Ghandi has been referring to?  Or is that still "in the works"?

Have any of the devs commented re: Black OpsII's lag compensation system? 

Will it be the same as this? 

Cheers,

Stu

(100down/10up. Near Manchester/Leeds/Liverpool. 150ping to East Coast of States.  5ms ping to Manchester.  35ms to London. All DLC purchased.  All party members have DLC)

• 4,982. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    grimsley

It's worse for me..Had a horrible night after the patch.

• 4,983. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    IndyOldGuy

last night my party and I were being matched with people from AUSTRALIA!!!
    we live in Indiana folks........this was just nomal game play on KC

• 4,984. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

It's their new and improved matchmaking system.  I'm moving to Mississippi tomorrow and will have my internet set up Monday morning.  It should be interesting to see what lobbies I get to play with there....

• 4,985. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

Oh my various koopas, what have they done to the game with this patch? Connection has gone downhill and crazy!

What's their excuse going to be this time, "Please wait 48 hours for the patch to propagate"? Watch it be that same excuse once again, which also happens to make no difference anyhow.

• 4,986. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

KingChong I mirror your experience totally, to the point that it came to a decision go back to slow adsl and play online or bin xbox live, xbox live lost. I have a 48hr xbox live code to use when BLOPS 2 comes out so I will give it another go but im not holding my breath for any difference.

• 4,987. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

If you are playing Black Ops on Xbox...you will be fine.  I'm honestly scared of the PS3 version though.  I can hope that the PS3 version is at least playable.  If not, I'll play zombies until they get that fixed.  And from the track record of Treyarch, it looks like i'll be playing zombies

• 4,988. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    Caine69_

The patch DIDN'T do anything on PS3 sadly

• 4,989. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    nflfenatic

I hope this is the proper place to give my 2 cents about the new patch. I didn't notice that much of an improvement in lag. But I did not play much domination before so I can't compare fairly but I did have lag in the game last night. Also I was kind of hoping you would fix the placement of players in lobbies from different regions. I live 30 miles from the Pacific ocean, now why am I constantly in lobbies with people from the east coast. Is it not possible for you to break down by region. No matter how hard you try to fix lag it will always be there with players from opposite coasts. I see a lot of people hammering you about fixing the lag so for a little resarch I went to other game forums and noticed that it is a complaint on other games too so it is not restricted to this game. I just believe the only solution is to break games down by region for those who would llike to play within their own region.