1 498 499 500 501 502 Previous Next 6,020 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2013 12:07 AM by kastro187420 Go to original post RSS
  • 4,990. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

Just an after thought...

For those of us who continually feel handicapped by the lag compensation - and have done for the past 11months....

Is there any chance the devs can just flip it around for the last month.

They've realised that its never going to be a level playing field connection wise now surely. 

Time to give those of us who pay for premium internet a month of good connections and screw those who don't.  They've still had 11 months of being seemingly seconds ahead of us, absorbing full clips and telling us we're "noobs" such like - worse than that but you get the idea!

I suspect IW could win back a few players if they did this. 

Is this even possible?

Cheers,

Stu

• 4,991. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

Look Infinity Ward I am not a complainer I can care less what you do to play lists adding new game modes or combining them I actually like that you are finally experimenting it's a great beneficial idea come up with some more game modes and see what you can achieve. But lag compensation is a huge problem you need to put the settings back to MW2 or something it needs to be fixed it takes forever to find a match and these matches are filled with locals but because of lag compensation it's terrible because of the lag they can have the slightest lag and it affects the game in all the wrong ways by putting laggy people 20 seconds ahead of everyone who has a good signal. Fix this go back and see what kind of tweaking created this problem. You need to prove to your fans and customers that you can fix problems. Also create some experimental maps as well as new game modes there is a lot you can do with the results it will benefit you though I can promise that. Also don't listen to the people who are complaining about Search and Destroy in Ground Wars they are just MOAB campers who hate having challenges I mean that is the only reason they complained about "overpowered" things.

• 4,992. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    SheSaidNo

I'd say at this point, it is what it is.  They've done what they could.  But they didn't quite get there though.  I think for one's mental space it's best just to let it go and hope for Black Ops 2 to have better connectivity.

• 4,993. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    t-fibby

ondsnap wrote:

If you are playing Black Ops on Xbox...you will be fine.  I'm honestly scared of the PS3 version though.  I can hope that the PS3 version is at least playable.  If not, I'll play zombies until they get that fixed.  And from the track record of Treyarch, it looks like i'll be playing zombies

The BO port was indeed horrible, and after playing a bit more BO today which i haven't done in ages other than the odd match here and there, it seems that eventhough i've always had a decent internet connection with low pings and played with an open NAT by forwarding ports, the ugrade i made to my connection and HW since February this year has caused also BO to screw me over with lag compensation. I couldn't get a single match today playing TDM where the opponent did not have the advantage over me, and there were over 300k people online overall with the majority on TDM as usual.

I actually though that since i usually didn't get any lag issues with BO earlier, that Treyarch actually had a good record of fixing their game even though the release and the first month(s) were horrible. It's not as bad as MW3, but the lag issue is there, and like in MW3 it's increases if you are the host. So keeping this in mind, i'm not getting my hopes up even if i have preordered BO2.

Unfortunately i don't like zombies that much, so i guess i will play it and rage like i do with MW3, and keep hoping they fix it if sucks on launch. What i will do though, is postpone purchasing a new gaming headset because i don't want to make the investement if i don't have a CoD game that you play without frustration.

• 4,994. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

I hated zombies until I played with a group that could teach me the right and wrong things to do.  Once I knew what to do...it's beyond addictive.

• 4,995. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    candyslexia

Which platform does this happen for you on? Would also like to know more details if you don't mind?

Is it specific to a certain playlist? Is it literally every game? If it is every game, how many did you play? Are you in a party when it happens? What region of the world are you in? When exactly does it happen during the match?

Sorry I just threw "20 questions" at you =) we do appreciate you all coming here to provide us with feedback!

yproxy wrote:

keep getting server timed out in every game after the latest patch. Great job guys. Kudos. Really. What a blast.

• 4,996. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    candyslexia

Hi there, have you tried playing in Domination after the latest patch?

• 4,997. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    NotablePie

may i ask why the sniper only/no sniper playlist got ignored with 41% of the people voting for that

and why you guys where so fast in getting SnD in GW while that also got 41% of the votes ?

and then mainly with the eye on how many complaints there been through the last 11 months about quickscoping

• 4,998. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    kastro187420

NotablePie wrote:

may i ask why the sniper only/no sniper playlist got ignored with 41% of the people voting for that

and why you guys where so fast in getting SnD in GW while that also got 41% of the votes ?

and then mainly with the eye on how many complaints there been through the last 11 months about quickscoping

While I don't work for them, I think I can help with this one:

Creating a new playlist, such as "Snipers Only" involves tweaking the settings enough to disallow every other weapon except sniper rifles. Either that, they just set-up some pre-set Custom Classes, and take away the users ability to use custom set-ups. Simply put, it would take a lot longer to set-up on a technical side.

Adding S&D into Groundwar on the other hand is just a simple matter of adding it into the rotation. Everything is already in place to support the playlist since it already exists, and thus can be done relatively quickly.

• 4,999. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    NotablePie

then why even inquire about it ?

the hate towards quickscoping is strong with a big part of the community

so why ask and give us false hope and then go for an easier solution just for the sake of it being easier if it went down like that

seeing how many oopsies they had it would've been alot nicer gesture imho towards a big part of the community as the quickscoping in IW games always causes an upsteer in the community