8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 29, 2012 6:33 AM by AComatoseIbex RSS

Suspected glitch in Downturn?

SitRepPro

Hi all,

I was playing in a match of Domination on Downturn today and someone managed to kill me from a place I have no idea how to access.  He was located on the rails above where I have highlighted the area in red in the image below:

http://imageshack.us/a/img834/2766/map1xz.jpg

Or is that not a glitch and people can go there?  I have played this map a fair amount and I've never been killed from there.  Unfortunately I have no video evidence as I've turned off theatre recording and my custom build PC is not all connected so I don't have my PVR recording.

• Re: Suspected glitch in Downturn?

Appears to me it is a glitch. I thought Interchange was all ground level fighting, never seen anyone up on the overpasses before.

daveyg79

it is a glitch, but it has been there since the start

phxs72

I've seen it in some tips and tricks videos on Youtube.  Since it was never patched, I'd assume that it was meant to be there.  It's just that pretty much nobody uses it.

rodsirloin

Yeah, thats old.

Jump on the taxi, get on the hood...jump to firetruck...jump on lamp post...then to railing. Tac insert in the back is fully concealed.

Problem is, the jump to the lights is hard to land. I tried doing it in Survival and not enough time...so getting it in multi is near impossible.

SitRepPro

rodsirloin wrote:

Yeah, thats old.

Jump on the taxi, get on the hood...jump to firetruck...jump on lamp post...then to railing. Tac insert in the back is fully concealed.

Problem is, the jump to the lights is hard to land. I tried doing it in Survival and not enough time...so getting it in multi is near impossible.

Thank you for the explanation.  I haven't done it yet so might give it a try tomorrow in a private lobby by myself to see how long it takes.  I don't see myself getting too many kills by being there though.

It is a glitch, and I've known about that for ages. You can still kill someone doing it by shooting through the surface they're lying on, though. They usually don't expect that.

There are others, too, including a couple of ledges near the back of the map.