8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2012 10:44 PM by Gh0sted76 RSS

Clan ops & Chalenges ending? Really?

rumor has it that they are ending ops and challenges? Why? Why not just keep them going on and let people have fun and level up their clan. i dont want to have my clan stuck at level 35 because IW Dont want to keep doing their job. their focused on BdO2 and they shoul be still focused on MW3. Thoughts?

• Re: Clan ops & Chalenges ending? Really?
    trialstardragon

Eh, not really a big deal, Clans are nothing special. Having high level clan is nothing special. Since clan rank is even more useless then prestiges.

mazematik

trialstardragon wrote:

Eh, not really a big deal, Clans are nothing special. Having high level clan is nothing special. Since clan rank is even more useless then prestiges.

Well that's YOUR opinion...

Some other people might not think like you and while everyone has a right to his own opinion, you have to consider their opinions too and not just yours.

Although "Clans" might not be so special, the whole concept of clan level and everything that comes with it (ops, challenges, unlocks, emblems, titles...) is very interesting. It really helped lifting my interest for MW3 because if it wasn't of that well I wouldn't be playing no more.

Also, Treyarch will be rewarding players who prestige in Black Ops 2 by giving them special unlocks, more stuff and options. This adds a brand new perspective to the idea of prestiging. Some are gonna say it's to keep them playing so they are more likely to buy DLCs but I think it's to make the online experience more interesting and rewardful.

trialstardragon

Not just my opinnion fact. Clan ranks are useless in this game. It means nothing to be in a high ranked clan. it does not make you a better player. It does not make players fear your or be in awe of you. Clans are old and outdated and just need to die and fade out of the game scene. No game, pc or console has ever really done clans correctly.

The emblems and playercards in this game is a joke and waste of code space that could have been better used by more weapons, or attachments and perks or equipment. Most of the time I never change my playercard or emblem until I just get bored seeing it the same for ever then I pick one and leave it at that. They mean nothing at all. They do not help the game, they do not improve the game, they really serve no purpose but to keep people playing the game longer to unlock them. Same with prestiges.

Remove prestiges and all the emblems and playercards and the average time people play this game would drop through the floor. it is nothing more then a marketing gimmick to keep people playing longer. In hopes they will buy the dlc for this game and not for a different game. and then to kepe them playing in hopes they buy the next game. They really serve no other purpose in the game.

I could care less what playercard or emblem or prestige a person is, that does not make them speical or unique at all to me. They are just another player that can be beat or may beat me, nothing else.

TheSurgeon83

Some people enjoy playing as part of a clan, I'd always been lone wolf but joining a clan brought a whole new experience to the game for me. They're a good group of lads and it's  been fun competing and levelling the clan up. Granted clan rank doesn't affect anything directly but that seems to be your sole argument against clans which is pretty weak. We'll be just shy of 50 when BO2 comes out, it would be nice to come back and hit 50 to see through all the work we've put into clan ops and I'm sure others feel the same.

Exiled-From-Hell

I would have to agree it would be nice to see my clan hit level 50 but since we've been screwed out of challenge xp and a few operations all together we will fall just short of it before BLOPS 2. We could have made it easily if I would have started the clan earlier but I was never into the whole clan scene in CoD. Eventually I tried it out and I would have to agree with a previous post, had it not been for me starting this clan I feel I would have quit playing this game a few months ago... I would have to agree with dragon though, all of these "unlocks" are simply put in place to add replay value.  Really they show no skill as a lot of people boost titles and emblems anyway (lame...) and once the next game comes they don't mean squat. And from what I've seen so far all the time we all put into our clans will be the same come BLOPS 2, it won't mean anything. After the last update to the console version of Elite you are now prompted to choose BLOPS 2 or MW3 before it even starts to load, so this right here shows me that you will have seperate stats for your clan in BLOPS 2 than you did in MW3.  This whole clan gimmick is simply to make more money. You will pay for the game and then turn around and purchase premium to help your clan level up. But, yet once the next game drops in a year it will all have been for nothing and you will be forced to pay for it all again simply to go through the same process again but with new emblems and titles... People have been making clans for these types of games for years before this service was released and honestly it seems they were simply trying to capitalize on that to line their pockets even more...

nicedrewishfela

It is pretty simple... the content season for MW3 is over, and with the release of the new game they are going to shift their attention to the next title. It makes sense.

Clans existed and survived before elite and without having a level.You can continue to do so without their assistance.

combatvetizaf

It isn't a matter of clan ranks or emblems having an impact on the game - it's giving people something to work toward to keep the game fresh.  If that is why they buy the game and continue to play or buy DLCs, there's no need to take potshots at their rationale for playing.

Personally, I like having something different to work toward every day (i.e. the daily clan challenges) and that's why there's I enjoy playing with my little three-person group of me, my son and my nephew.  If they end - and I have yet to see that anywhere officially, but I haven't really looked - it will be disappointing because there will be holes in my emblem/title pages that I will never be able to fill.

To Trialstardragon - Noone particular cares whether or not you are impressed by their titles or emblems because they are only viewable to the player besides the one title and one emblem they choose.  The OP wanted comments on the possible ending of clan operations and challenges, not a discussion of their relevance in the game.

This round of clans are a joke because you had some clans already leveled up to 30 before there were any clan ops! I created my own clan and played by myself and got to level 23. I mostly placed bronze cause I was by myself but I didn't have to have all those stupid rules most clans have. I'll do the same for Black Ops 2 and hopefully the ops start sooner than MW3. Clans would be better if you actually unlocked gear for your clan to use and not useless emblems. DLC should also contain camos and new guns.