7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2012 6:00 AM by That5What5Up RSS

The c word

has there been any word on the connection of bo2 , or is it still quiet now i know they will not come out with a sweeping statement , and i understand these things need to be tested in a real world enviroment , i hope the connection is more along the lines of bo and not mw3 . Anybody know if they have worked on this ?

• Re: The c word
    That5What5Up

not as far as I know.

For those that've played, did you at least get a chance to ask the people present about the connectivity?  Im looking at you, maccabi, you played the game already plus youre a network guy...

happyfunrun

Oh.... That C Word  :)

Lol. You had me about to report this thread.  :)

Fireman0025

I think that the connection is something that you can not really test its limits until it is put out in the real world. Even tose people who have played the game at gamescom, played it on a sytem link. I would imagine that they have done several tests to try and get it as best as they can, however things will change when suddenly there are thousends of people playing the game.

nicedrewishfela

Its not a conversation they will get into. It is a lose/lose for them. There will always be people with poor connections that will not have a great experience on the game. It will never be perfect until the entire world is on one giant LAN and everyone has equal connections.

Nothing they say can or will completely ease our minds, nor can they really know how it is going to work for everyone until it goes live. I am sure they have taken steps to make the connectivity strong, but not sure how they can fairly explain it to a community that has a limited practical knowledge of how their systems work. Its not a winning proposition.

I am concerned as well, and we'll have to see how it plays out.

That5What5Up

I can accept that it will not be perfect, youd be an idiot not to.  The issue for me is that this was not a problem for me in the past, with cods MW2 and before.

I didnt care about lag comp those days.  didnt even bother to know what it was.  In fact, I didnt even read into it in BO, it was at least tolerable for a while.  Im sure Im not only speaking for myself when I say that mw3 was the one in which it was unbelievably clear there was a serious problem, when I actually went on these "forums" to see if there were others with the same problem.

The fact that they had it right before bugs me more than anything.  It's like cod is going down in quality here, do all the cool weapons and streaks and future settings you want, but ruin the connectivity of players and it will be all for naught.

think its going to be a fingers crossed and hope it plays well , like others have said you cant expect there not to be the odd wtf , the odd bad game , im  not going to bash mw3 but i had major problems with that game but stuck with it due to the elite and new maps i had payed for , going back to bo after a good 9 months of mw3 and getting the map pack i was missing for bo the game just feels better conection wise how can i put it just alot less frustrating . bring it on looking forward to bo2 .

That5What5Up

Yup, BO is no mw2 in connectivity, but I'll take it anyday over mw3.  I do hope its not theater or any stat tracking thats slowing it down, halo did the theater thing just fine