40 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2012 3:40 PM by legguh RSS

So, what's a CAMPER then ?

Major-Problem
Seems to me every time you hand out a kicking in this game the losers all start moaning about Campers !

I'm missing something here, If you lose you accuse, if you win you say nothing...

So, if you don't run around spraying wildly with an SMG does that make you a Camper ??
  • Re: So, what's a CAMPER then ?
    blackmetalmike
    Mmmm, the phrases "Camper" and "Noob" are so over-used and 99% time used in the wrong way. A Camper would be someone who would sit in a corner the entire match, not advancing or going for any objectives, sitting there waiting for enemies to run by into their crosshairs. A "Noob" I consider to be someone NEW to the game, not a 5th Prestige person using a cheap gun and perk setup. They aren't new. They are just using a cheap gun and perk setup! I don't pay attention to any shi1 talking in the lobbies anymore. Most of the time I don't reply or I mute the TV. They are trying to throw you off your game, and it doesn't work with me
    adgregory
    a person who engages in camping. they go out to the fields with a tent and actually sleep in it for a few days. it doesnt matter what the weather is like, gale force winds, monsoon rain, thunder storms oh no this doesnt put our intrepid camper off. me personally id rather stay in a hotel.

i hope this has helped
    blackmetalmike
    LOL - this was very helpful
    adgregory
    haha, cheers mate.
    was aiming to brighten somebodies tuesday morning up.

its perfect camping weather today actually, i may get my tent. awww iv just realised i dont own one, ah well off to w@w then
    blackmetalmike
    You did brighten it up, and out of nowhere I 5 starred you! I am in a generous mood today
    adgregory

blackmetalmike wrote:

You did brighten it up, and out of nowhere I 5 starred you! I am in a generous mood today

ive just noticed that i suddenly had 5 stars where i previously had none and thought hhhhmmmmm i wonder what that is. thats brightened my day up too, haha.
    blackmetalmike
    Haha awesome man! Not many people get 5 stars from me on here as they all moan! For once I saw something funny and not negative!
    stonehouse69

Major-Problem wrote:

I'm missing something here, If you lose you accuse, if you win you say nothing...

So, if you don't run around spraying wildly with an SMG does that make you a Camper

lol, it always makes u a camper, honestly! on some maps, all i do is run around spraying and prayin, and so do a couple of my m8`s (all depending how many of us there are) and u can always guarantee at the end of the game, u`ll still get littles b*tches moaning about how we all camped the whole time! lol, if they dont like it, go join a (RANK) game or something! stop playing our superhard reg core and hardcore! :bravo:
    adgregory

blackmetalmike wrote:

Haha awesome man! Not many people get 5 stars from me on here as they all moan! For once I saw something funny and not negative!

yeah ive noticed that a lot of people are negative on here, i think game lobbies are worse. last night i was playing and there was a welsh bloke on the other team and everytime his team lost he would slag his own team off and then accuse everyone else of glitching. i didnt see anybody glitching and nobody got ridiculous scores, they were all fairly average around the 15 kill mark. i dont see why people cant accept a defeat gracefully.
    gigitygigity
    I used to be a boy Scout. I can't help but camp, start small fires with sticks and help little old ladies across the road etc...
    Major-Problem

adgregory wrote:

a person who engages in camping. they go out to the fields with a tent and actually sleep in it for a few days. it doesnt matter what the weather is like, gale force winds, monsoon rain, thunder storms oh no this doesnt put our intrepid camper off. me personally id rather stay in a hotel.

i hope this has helped

Sure did, I was worried that it maybe meant Winner or something...
    blackmetalmike
    LOL - Camper = Winner!
    Clarkism
    Today, anyone's considered a camper (or a n00b) if you kill someone, just for killing them.
    stonehouse69

Clarkism wrote:

Today, anyone's considered a camper (or a n00b) if you kill someone, just for killing them.

AGREED!
    Sn0w_08

blackmetalmike wrote:

Mmmm, the phrases "Camper" and "Noob" are so over-used and 99% time used in the wrong way. A Camper would be someone who would sit in a corner the entire match, not advancing or going for any objectives, sitting there waiting for enemies to run by into their crosshairs. A "Noob" I consider to be someone NEW to the game, not a 5th Prestige person using a cheap gun and perk setup. They aren't new. They are just using a cheap gun and perk setup! I don't pay attention to any shi1 talking in the lobbies anymore. Most of the time I don't reply or I mute the TV. They are trying to throw you off your game, and it doesn't work with me

Exactly !! ive been accused of camping cause i stayed in 1 area for a few seconds =S
    blackmetalmike

Sn0w_08 wrote:

blackmetalmike wrote:

Exactly !! ive been accused of camping cause i stayed in 1 area for a few seconds =S

I know, it's stupid. Just because they want to run around like Rambo thinking they are invincible! In a real war, would you run around in the open trying to kill every enemy in sight all at once? I think you would die pretty quickly. The idea is to stay alive and die as little as possible! So if you advance slowly, taking cover now and again, that seems more intelligent
    Instead of going 25 and 20 you will go 25 and 5 for example, I know what I score would rather have!
    Major-Problem
    It seems that most of us Europeans are of similar opinion, bit of self-preservation and tactical play does not a camper make, be interesting to see what our transatlantic cousins have to say ...
    boomrsoonr4life
    For everything in this game that someone ******* about, there is a counter for...

1. Camper...throw a grenade in the same spot...if +10 shows up...no more camper. A good camper will move from place to place and keep the same person coming back only to kill him again.

2. Juggernaut *******...if your called this...you have my respect because the other guys are too ******* stupid to understand that this is a game of survival...I have no pride, respect or good game tactics when it comes to surviving. After all...we are on a battle field...dumbasses!!!

3. MP-40...I love the MP-40, but there are so many more guns that own this thing. The Thompson, the Type 100, the M1A1 etc...if you continue to get owned by the MP-40 its your own fault...equip juggernaut and STFU!!!

4. Tank whore...again, if you are called this...mad respect. Equip Extreme Conditioning and run your ass off to get to it first. If you dont make it you better have some satchels, bazooka or stickys to blow it up or you deserve to have your body split in half.

Im not a player to talk much **** to team mates or anyone else, but if we are playing on Seelow and you dont have a tank set-up and you complain aboout the tanks, expect to get ripped in the lobby if you have more deaths then kills.

Also, if you are the type of player to say you had a good game when you went 21-18 and lost the game for the team. I will talk **** to you in the lobby and in the game until you leave. If you wanna boost your K/D ratio go to FFA. Team Deathmatch is exactly that...a TEAM game. You are doing nothing for your team by giving the other team 180 points...sonsabitches.
    Really, if you do well, you're going to get abuse.
    Don't listen
    Trancex2
    campers are easy enough to get rid of. thats why god/cod gave man sachels.
    stonehouse69

Trancex2 wrote:

and grenades.......and sense!
    blackdeath13

Major-Problem wrote:

Seems to me every time you hand out a kicking in this game the losers all start moaning about Campers !

So, if you don't run around spraying wildly with an SMG does that make you a Camper ??

The only thing I dislike is people who play objective games but just hide and try to build kills off those trying to actually win the game. If your on my team, help me get the flag, or plant the bomb. HC TDM or RDM or Free for all, do what you want. I do not care. Heck, hiding means your not dieing and that helps the team. LOL. But I do hate spawn campers. That drives me crazy, planting betties in the spawn site, shooting while we're trying to get in. Do it if you want, but I don't like it, and that is JUST MY opinion.
    JSARG123
    yer, objective game campers are the worst!
    Van-Die

boomrsoonr4life wrote:

For everything in this game that someone ******* about, there is a counter for...

1. Camper...throw a grenade in the same spot...if +10 shows up...no more camper. A good camper will move from place to place and keep the same person coming back only to kill him again.

2. Juggernaut *******...if your called this...you have my respect because the other guys are too **** stupid to understand that this is a game of survival...I have no pride, respect or good game tactics when it comes to surviving. After all...we are on a battle field...dumbasses!!!

3. MP-40...I love the MP-40, but there are so many more guns that own this thing. The Thompson, the Type 100, the M1A1 etc...if you continue to get owned by the MP-40 its your own fault...equip juggernaut and STFU!!!

4. Tank whore...again, if you are called this...mad respect. Equip Extreme Conditioning and run your ass off to get to it first. If you dont make it you better have some satchels, bazooka or stickys to blow it up or you deserve to have your body split in half.

Im not a player to talk much **** to team mates or anyone else, but if we are playing on Seelow and you dont have a tank set-up and you complain aboout the tanks, expect to get ripped in the lobby if you have more deaths then kills.

Also, if you are the type of player to say you had a good game when you went 21-18 and lost the game for the team. I will talk **** to you in the lobby and in the game until you leave. If you wanna boost your K/D ratio go to FFA. Team Deathmatch is exactly that...a TEAM game. You are doing nothing for your team by giving the other team 180 points...sonsabitches.

i like u man :P

i agree with u
    quester0804
    Here is my favorite. we were playing HCS&D and we were defending.We were already up for placing the bomb, so we were defending. When they were trying to place the bomb we were blowing them away. After the game they started to yell we were campers. So my point here is that when you defend these people want you to run around and get killed so you can not DEFEND the bomb. Bottom line is they sucked and did not know what else to say.
    Flying Criller
    a camper will always be called a camper but if you get in a position were you can protect an objective and they're too stupid to take you out. well you get my point there is no reason to call someone a camper unless they have a close to mid range weapon and are just sitting on your side of the map killing people the moment they respawn.they are just pissed cuz they lost and they are being sore losers i bet you they camp too sometimes
    adgregory

Trancex2 wrote:

when i read that, at first i thought you said sandals, had to read it again
    bLuE-_-FuSiOn
    a camper is a noob with camoflage and a suppressor and just sits in a respawn spot or just a common enemy run through.
    adgregory

bLuE-_-FuSiOn wrote:

a camper is a noob with camoflage and a suppressor and just sits in a respawn spot or just a common enemy run through.

common enemy run through?
    bLuE-_-FuSiOn

adgregory wrote:

bLuE-_-FuSiOn wrote:

For example: Dome, people camp on the balcony bit right at the back when enemies go.
    adgregory

bLuE-_-FuSiOn wrote:

adgregory wrote:

bLuE-_-FuSiOn wrote:

For example: Dome, people camp on the balcony bit right at the back when enemies go.

ah get ya now, camp in like a well used passageway, cliffside is bad for that.
    bLuE-_-FuSiOn
    common enemy run through?[/quote]
    For example: Dome, people camp on the balcony bit right at the back when enemies go.[/quote]

ah get ya now, camp in like a well used passageway, cliffside is bad for that.[/quote]
    yea exactly.
    metempsychosis
    I play primarily with Bolties, and semi rifles.  I play mostly objective games, mostly capture the flag.  Most of the time I will take a slow advance to the objective, which requires me to stop, gauge the other teams location, and decide what my next move is.  Different games take on lives of their own, some teams rush the flag, some sit back, and some take routes not normally taken.  This all needs to be determined when deciding how I am going to proceed.

My use of single shot bolties requires me to have some thought out strategy in mind, I am not helping you by running into the middle of the map and getting my butt blown away by a run and gunner.  I don't understand why this is so difficult for people to understand.  I will stay in spot for a maximum of three kills, and then move.  My own teammates knifing me in the back because I am observed to be a "Camper" is not going to deter me from having to maintain my approach to the game.  I have a feeling that these would be the same people who would flame me at the end of the game if my k/d was garbage, or I hadn't claimed the objective enough times.

Here's my point, and it's been eluded to a couple times already.  Defending an objective is just as important as taking one.  YOU NEED A BALANCED TEAM THAT UNDERSTANDS THAT!  People that help to secure your own objectives are helping you, you don't have to be at the others teams objective to be helping your team capture it.
    pete888
    I don't mind camper because I make it my objective to find and kill that camper.
    Gonzalez9379
    Yep. I'm a camper, that's why I pushed my way through some of their Run n Gunners that were sitting in a corner, got to their spawn, and came up behind them.

Got called a camper for doing that for the 2 rounds I was in the game before it was over. Got 2 recons and 2 artillerys in HC S&D. Only got to call in 1 of each though. got the 2nd recon and artillery at the same time, saw their last 3 guys and mowed'em down with mah PPSh.
    WINDBUSH1976
    PEOPLE LIKE ME HA HA I SEE YOU I POP YOU AND WONT MOVE AND WAIT FOR YOU TO COME BACK AROUND SO I CAN POP YOU AGAIN HA HA HA
    pavemen
    to me a camper is someone that sits in the same spot the entire match (or at least for an entire "life") with something other than a sniper rifle and its not a choke point they are covering.

waiting at a choke point or common route is not camping, its being smart and still an active player.

I got called a *** camper the other day, the guy even took the time to send me a message about it, when i was sniping on Upheaval. He was just pissed I killed him 5 times and he could not get me at all.

I play my own way, you play your own. If you want to camp, fine. If I want to camp, why do you care? If you don't like it, come and try to kill me.
    legguh

I think players just use the term camper in a very general way.  Players that sit in corners and wait for you to run by are annoying, and truly campers.  To be honest, I get more fustrated by average players that worry about their stats and sit back and wait or play super defensive.  That just makes for boring lobbies and slow gameplay.

I personally would rather rush or play aggressive and go 20-15, then sit and wait so I can go 12-6.