1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 66 Replies Latest reply: Nov 4, 2012 9:08 AM by dstr001 Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: DLC to be Offered as a Season Pass
    starbuckfrack

squirrelness wrote:

I'm not so sure about that.  When I pre-ordered at GameStop I told them I wanted to pre-order two copies of the game as well as two copies of elite....and they said ok and set me up.  Not this 'season pass.'

Maybe it will turn out to be for the season pass, I don't know.  But as I just said in my other post they need to get out in front of this ASAP and explain what is going on to avoid a massive PR disaster.

(Sorry if I come off as pissed off at you, certainly not the case.  This just totally caught me off guard and has me a little riled up right now, haha.)

You should have not went with it thru Gamestop. They are very well known for lying thru their teeth.

If you just said two "copies of Elite" did you confirm with them what you were getting ? Because at that time no one knew what Elite had in store.

nicedrewishfela

No offense intended by this "A new website on CallofDuty.com". I looked for a while and cannot find any information about a Season Pass.

I think its a rumor. But again no offense intended. That sight SHOULD have posted a link as some proof.

The supposed link from other sites with this story go to http://www.callofduty.com/uk/en/blackops2/seasonpass

But you will notice that there is an "error" at that link.

It doesnt even follow the format of "http://www.callofduty.com/blackops2" or any format of a UK based site.. If I remember correctly they should have had ".co.uk" before one of the "/" in the name.

--------------------------------------------

This one has some supposed pictures of the page

http://mp1st.com/2012/10/14/call-of-duty-uk-website-reveals-black-ops-2-season-p ass/

But I never remember COD dot com having a "UK version". Plus if this is the "UK version" of the site as in the header then WHY would it be in dollars and not in pounds ????

Sounds like a real hoax because MP1st site has it listed under RUMORS.

The MPist site also has some reasons why it looks like a rumor.

• 21. Re: DLC to be Offered as a Season Pass
    nicedrewishfela

It very well could be false, That is why I always post my sources. Just found it interesting and worthwhile of conversation.

• 22. Re: DLC to be Offered as a Season Pass
    biron_w

So they're talking about DLC before the game is even out? Yeah,great

• 23. Re: DLC to be Offered as a Season Pass
    Fireman0025

nicedrewishfela wrote:

• Save $10, at discounted suggested retail price of £34.99*

i cant help but notice you are using two different currencies here. are you really saving 10 dollars from the actual price of 35 pounds, or did you make a typo?

any way it is definitely worth it if i decide to/ have the money to blow all at once

Edit: i didn't read down far enough like i should have. people have already brought this up

• 24. Re: DLC to be Offered as a Season Pass

Grrr I won't be fooled again

Elite was advertised as a saving on DLC with MW3 and Activision had a sale on a map packs a long time before anyone's Elite subscription would have expired if they bought in at launch. I'm still not sure how they got away with it...

I would advise everyone to not buy into this, because when Activision say "map packs" it could be anything. Most assumed it would be full MP packs for MW3 but a great deal of it was Face-off maps (vom). They fail to mention just how many maps will be in each pack, and they could end up being 2025 reimaginings of BO maps or something. Just wait!

• 25. Re: DLC to be Offered as a Season Pass

all elite was really was a flashed up bo combat record , elite looks like its now a free service and you pay for dlc only , and lets face it elite for mw3 was a massive mess rip , map packs at 600msp , im still scratching my head now about it ( looking at you starbuck lol ) .

• 26. Re: DLC to be Offered as a Season Pass
    maccabi

starbuckfrack wrote:

squirrelness wrote:

I'm not so sure about that.  When I pre-ordered at GameStop I told them I wanted to pre-order two copies of the game as well as two copies of elite....and they said ok and set me up.  Not this 'season pass.'

Maybe it will turn out to be for the season pass, I don't know.  But as I just said in my other post they need to get out in front of this ASAP and explain what is going on to avoid a massive PR disaster.

(Sorry if I come off as pissed off at you, certainly not the case.  This just totally caught me off guard and has me a little riled up right now, haha.)

You should have not went with it thru Gamestop. They are very well known for lying thru their teeth.

If you just said two "copies of Elite" did you confirm with them what you were getting ? Because at that time no one knew what Elite had in store.

nicedrewishfela

No offense intended by this "A new website on CallofDuty.com". I looked for a while and cannot find any information about a Season Pass.

I think its a rumor. But again no offense intended. That sight SHOULD have posted a link as some proof.

The supposed link from other sites with this story go to http://www.callofduty.com/uk/en/blackops2/seasonpass

But you will notice that there is an "error" at that link.

It doesnt even follow the format of "http://www.callofduty.com/blackops2" or any format of a UK based site.. If I remember correctly they should have had ".co.uk" before one of the "/" in the name.

--------------------------------------------

This one has some supposed pictures of the page

http://mp1st.com/2012/10/14/call-of-duty-uk-website-reveals-black-ops-2-season-p ass/

But I never remember COD dot com having a "UK version". Plus if this is the "UK version" of the site as in the header then WHY would it be in dollars and not in pounds ????

Sounds like a real hoax because MP1st site has it listed under RUMORS.

The MPist site also has some reasons why it looks like a rumor.

Nope its real, it wasn't really leaked stuff that the other sites all posted it was screenshots of the actual call of duty site.

In typical Activisision webteam fashion ...They updated the site last night and the dlc page popped up for while, it was then taken down again about 30 mins later.

As for the uk site bit the option to localise is at the top of the page little flag icon next to the support link.

anyways clearing that bit up..

As anyone who has read my numerous posts on the subject knows I have been saying for ages to people not to assume elite this year would be the same and that we were getting a season pass , even without prior knowledge it was a bit of a no brainer to offer a season pass.

whatever elite turns into this year (expect official details very soon btw) people need to remove pre concieved ideas from last years failed model.

and please guys as i have been doing for ages..if you see someone post something like shall i preorder elite as gamesstop offered it to me type posts ..warn them the lack of official information is confuddling people , as is the fact activision didnt make a big song and dance about stopping paid for elite subscriptions atm.

• 27. Re: DLC to be Offered as a Season Pass
    nicedrewishfela

Quoted straight from the source... confused me as well.

• 28. Re: DLC to be Offered as a Season Pass
    nicedrewishfela

This is a fair statement. MW3 gave us a content calendar... which they liberally changed as the season went on.

Would only be fair for them to give us an outline of what to expect, and when to expect it at least, and do their best to stick to it.

• 29. Re: DLC to be Offered as a Season Pass
    timelordalex

www.callofduty.com/blackops2/seasonpass - this works, the UK site sometimes gets things early, coz we are ahead of the US (I myself am from the UK) remember it was revealed early for the UK

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next