8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 16, 2012 6:28 PM by stylisticoops RSS

Lag makes mw3 unplayable after August 16th's update

Ever since the August 16th's update it seems like the lag has been unbarable. Just to make sure I wasn' t crazy I googled it and sure enough I found PLENTY of posts of people having the same problems. From my understanding they were supposed to fix lag compensation and I don't know what they meant by "fix" but this for sure can't be it. Honestly I've been a die hard fan of COD since modern warfare ( I know I started late ) and I bought a system JUST to play COD. I used to literally play nothing else! I have waited outside in a HUGE line at midnight every November for their product. I'm an elite member as well and a founder. I used to have so much fun playing. But then......lag compensation.........quickscoping.............undetectable modded controllers..............THE WORST SPAWNING SYSTEM I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE.................and spawn trapping. I have never hated a game more than MW3. The lag makes the game no fun and unplayable. I don't have to get into details about the **** that happens cuz i'm sure you already know, no hitmarkers, seemingly being killed by one bullet, curving bullets, etc etc. But at least every now and then I could get a few good matches in where my connection will be fine. But then back to the bullshit. However, ever since this so called "fix" they have leashed upon us my K/D has hit an alltime low in the past 5 days. It has made the game UNPLAYABLE. That was honestly the last act of **** I can possibly take from COD. So IW if you are reading this which I'm sure your not cuz YOU DON"T GIVE A **** ABOUT YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS, I just want to let you know that you have officially lost me as a customer and I bid you good day.

• Re: Lag makes mw3 unplayable after August 16th's update

Amen brother, the lag is 10x as bad as blackops i doubt ill buy any more cod games till there are dedicated servers. and the spawns my god !!!!

Completely agree with everything you said.  I used to consistenly be in the top 3 finishers of my matches.  Now, I'm consistently at the bottom.  It seems more like the games are predestined... meaning, one team is set up to win from the beginning.  Some games, you're a god; the next, you can't hit the side of a barn.  Players run in place, rubberbanding, slow motion.  Ridiculous.  This will be my last CoD.  It's more frustration than fun, now.

All this lag and lag compensation is nothing but rubbish, if you're getting lag then get your connection sorted, the problem is aim assist. The game is focused on people joining then being able to kills easily.

No wonder its not getting sorted, its because the amount of people are blaming "lag compensation" which doesn't and has never existed.

Edit: This game and this "new" and the "old" CoD communities don't mix, I've played CoD for as long as I remember, there is WAY too much aim assist on weapons, and people just camp CONSTANTLY, and it ruins it because CoD Veterans like myself can't run and gun anymore, I'm having to change the way I use to play because if I don't I'm either gonna get spawned, quickscoped, or shot in the back by a camper, and campers are given all these assists.. aim assist, motion sensor, trophy system, all this makes campers dominant in this game. I loved CoD4 and I even enjoy MW2, I want to get to 20th so I can so I at least finished it and it probably won't be in my system ever again, I can't have fun on this game anymore, It's a real drag. I can't wait for Black Ops 2, I just hope Black Ops 2 brings back what I've missed for years.

hey rico8905,
    i heard that if u deactivate the cinemamodus, its better to play cause the lag.
    I hope it works by u guys.

Hi

After agree with you with everything you've said and she-devil  ,i think the respawning is due to the server can't keep up with the amount of kill's due to the fact half the team's are running round with super shotguns kill you from any distance they more poweful than an rpg

Hi

After agree with you with everything you've said and she-devil  ,i think the respawning is due to the server can't keep up with the amount of kill's due to the fact half the team's are running round with super shotguns kill you from any distance they more poweful than an rpg

Hi