32 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2012 2:14 PM by Out RSS

Guys that want high level clans?

phxs72

While I can appreciate the honesty of the guys that post that they want a lvl 30 or 40 or 50 clan (they know what they want), I have to wonder if when my clan reaches those levels if I should consider those folks for membership.  It seems to me that the best clans are built from people that are willing to put the work in to reach the 30, 40, and 50 levels. Not from the guys that somehow think that their kd entitles them.  Granted I'm sure that there are some folks out there that left a high lvl clan and would just like to get back to where they were but I suspect the majority are just looking for a free ride to all of the perks. I think that I know what I'm going to do but what do you guys think about it?

• Re: Guys that want high level clans?
    AC_786

more and more people are trying to piggyback clans more than ever now just so they can get the emblems o_0 personally ive been with my clan since game released and we lvl 34 atm and we done it pretty much with out peoples founders boost (b4 clan ops started) we was around lvl 4 - 5 from founder xp so we worked our ass's off getting to lvl 34 so i dont see what gives people the right to demand a high lvl clan with out giving something back whats more annoying is on the op's page you see ppl begging to join clans and state they founder with xp boost when clearly the skull shows them as a basic free member lol

ghamorra

Our clan has 20-30 people in it, that being said most of those people don't play anymore and that's why we've recruited more. Our core members consist of 10 or so people and we're all relatively close

The question I have for all those lvl 50 clans is: Do you even know your clan memebers first names, where they live, it they have families?

Chances are they don't, they just want a high level clan that will lose to lower level clans because they're all about quanity over quality

phxs72

When I started my clan I thought that I'd probably keep it around 20 to 30 people but it's ballooned to 81.  That's partly from recruiting but mostly from allowing the friends of the clan members that I've recruited to join as well. I don't regret that decision because I think that it promotes clan loyality when people get to play with their friends.  And I can honestly say that all 81 members are good guys.  Not everybody is a COD God but they are fun to be around.  However, it does create some logistical problems just finding time to play with all of your clan members. I do what I can but sometimes it may take me a week just to make all the rounds.  Because of that, I've cut back quite a bit on recruiting.  Sure if an exceptional talent comes along, I'll throw my name in the hat but there's a lot of folks that I don't even try for. Not because they aren't good enough but simply because I don't see where they would necessarily add anything to the clan that we don't already have.

Izjar11

The question I have for all those lvl 50 clans is: Do you even know your clan memebers first names, where they live, it they have families?

Good question and NO. We are level 42 but I personally know two players from my clan the rest, COD enthusiasts whom Id rather not know! It does get impersonal the larger a clan gets.

Swaggin412

I've had a guy tell me "screw your requirements look at my KD" DENIED.

MCSOLUTIONSUK

i would like to join a clan that is decent, honourable and fair, that doesnt require its members to promote themselves through "tests" i want to join a clan that is modest and will allow us to work our way towards higher levels rather than just hopping onto the band wagon. sorry, not to sound judgemental or self righteous, i just want to be able to play as i like and feel good for earning what i can and not have expectations.

phxs72

There are quite a few clans out there that can provide you what you are looking for.  While we all like to be competitive, some of us remember that this is still a game and we also remember what it was like to be the new guy learning his way.  My clan has some members in it that are doing just that and I know the NineBelowZero clan on PS3 is also run by a guy that has no requirements at all for new members.  His clan only ever goes for Bronze medals in the Clan Ops because he himself doesn't like playing them.  The trick is finding one that seems to fit your needs and applying.

BanHaMMer

We have a Clan recruiting system and a Recruiting Officer who nominates the potential Clan member after a month trial. We are a PS3 Clan, 7 years old. If your going to start a Clan do it properly with longevity in mind. Yes, "G"  we do know each other really well, we even visit and if one of our Clan members is oversea's there door is always open when we visit there country. I have stayed at several clan-mates home's OS and mine when there here. Family and all sometimes ha ha....

I guess it all comes down to what you want to make your clan into, how large, if you want a Competitive Squad within the Clan and Leadership. We have 3 Co-Leaders.

I can assure "no one" gets a free ride. It comes down to what type of Clan you are, end of story. A COD Clan or a PS3 Clan that plays more than 1 title.

Out

I guess according to your ending comment We are a PS3 clan

BanHaMMer wrote:

I can assure "no one" gets a free ride. It comes down to what type of Clan you are, end of story. A COD Clan or a PS3 Clan that plays more than 1 title.

We enjoy differnt games together, and we know each other by first and last names and where each other lives and know family members that dont play games,  we never accept anyone into clan that we dont know, or have never played with, if someone wants to Joins us there are 10 of us who are considered the inner core (we started the PS3 clan)  we meet with them in the said game and if the majoriy agrees we allow them in, ..... we dont base membership on how good you are at a game, we base it on what kind of person you are, if you are fun to play with joke with and so on, you have a 99.9% assurace of being accepted, if you are a drama queen/king then you have a 0% chance of getting in  ...... Our clan is LVL40 and as the leader i reject people daily who apply to the COD clan.......but has never played with us.....they are clan hoppers trying to get emblems and titles the easy way.........

BanHaMMer

You idea's are similar to ours, Out I really believe being a PS3 Clan is the way to go. There for playing different game title's together also makes for some good times, especially "Hannah Montana" ha ha   PS3 Clans seem to be made up of friends, friends of friends and like minded peeps? No free loaders

my clan a level 29 and it all from hard work to when i start clan it was a level 2 with me and 4 people i know and now it about to be a level 30 clan

Izjar11

I have to wonder if when my clan reaches those levels if I should consider those folks for membership.

It is a tough thing to get enough people (back when) to start a good clan. The clan I am in started with small numbers and after a certain level everyone began applying into it. I have since then maxed the clan members and those who leave leave an empty spot for new members.

It seems to me that the best clans are built from people that are willing to put the work in to reach the 30, 40, and 50 levels. Not from the guys that somehow think that their kd entitles them.  Granted I'm sure that there are some folks out there that left a high lvl clan and would just like to get back to where they were but I suspect the majority are just looking for a free ride to all of the perks. I think that I know what I'm going to do but what do you guys think about it?

I got to a point where I didn't care, as long as they are playing the game (premium or non) they need to participate in the challenges. Good post phsx72

phxs72

I got to that point as well.  So long as they are participating in the Clan Challenges, I've stopped worring about the rest.  Although it would be nice to get more help on the Clan Ops.  However, there is something stress relieving about just going for the Bronze on those gamemodes that I don't even like playing all that much.  If the help is there to do better I'll organize the teams and stick it out but if not I no longer stress about it.

Izjar11

Yea I stopped worrying about those who apply and leave. If I remained "picky" the clan would probably have remained stagnant in levels 20 or early 30's. Because I allowed everyone to join we've been able to complete all challenges, and we have someone always participating in a clan operation.

I look forward to the free version in BOii, this premium vs non premium thing got silly and it was pointless.

phxs72

I'm looking forward to the Free Elite as well.  I never did like the division between members even though I understood that it was their way of encouraging people to purchase Elite.  It always seemed anti to what a clan is supposed to be.  When my clan started out, I certainly looked for premium members since all we had was clan ops but I also looked for quality free members.  As it turns out those that focused their membership more on the quality of the person/player than whether or not they had a colored skull next to their name came out ahead in my opinion.  I know that I've been enjoying the fact that my free members and premiums that can't make the clan ops often get the challenges maxed out before I even get off of work.  So they definitely are pulling their weight.

Izjar11

Yup clan challenges to me saved elite and its clan leveling system. I am curious as what the clan leveling will be like in BOii, with ever person participating. I look forward to recreating my current clan and growing it once again.

cookiedood

Only have 21 in my clan got to 50 last week owt of 20s-30s some family members some soldiers but it's become more of a we meet to have a bit of us time now rather than we meet just to do ops

Really I think some people just want the status that being in a high level clan offers. It's not that they care about being a part of like-minded people, they just want that high clan level next to their name.

Just my opinion.

phxs72

I'm sure that you are correct.  But there in lies the difficulty for a clan starting out.  You want to attract people but you want people that have the drive to build your clan rather than just want to piggyback on your status.  That's why I passed on several people along the way that were looking for a (fill in the blank) level clan unless it was several notches below my clan.  I still ran into my share of clan hoppers (still do sometimes) but I think that it helped guide me to find a good foundation of players.

Created an account just for this post. I had one but it got blocked a while back because I made fun of people who were not all that bright.

Anyways...

I am a leader of a level 50 clan built on the backs of 20 or so players who played together since World at War and MW2 and have since grew to over 70 since we picked up a clan who plays core mainly (because most of our founding members are Hardcore players). Admittingly, I do not know most of the core members nor have even played with them however I do know most of the HC players fairly well. We are all on 1st name basis, talk about families, jobs and the likes. Most of us are well over our mid 20s so like most have said, playing with like minded players works best.

Everyday, we get over 10 applications to join our clan on average. Despite us not recruiting, we keep it open in hopes of finding that one like-minded player. I think in the last month, we have accepted only 3 players, 2 are friends of members and one was a random who tried so hard to join us because she wants to win which is what our clan is about.

What's really odd is all these people who want to join a high level clan and not put the work in, they sure make themselves seem ignorant in the application menu. I have yet to read an application that is at least 80% grammatically correct or contains correct spelling. If that wasn't enough, because my clan's K/D ratio is 1.22, everyone who has a higher K/D ratio thinks it's a free ticket into the clan. Wouldn't a low clan K/D ratio tell everyone that this clan doesn't care about that?

Or my favorite: "Hi I want to do Clan Operations I make a lot of help. 2.34 KDR I play Dom and I am good quickscoper". This is from today. He has more games on Domination than he has captures and a 22% win. Plus, I look at his account and he isn't even premium. I know it doesn't matter once BO2 comes out but why would I want someone like this on my team?

One kid, who I wouldn't let join because he is 13 and it's just not right for a 13 year old to play with guys who are in their 30s, was extremely insistant. Before I knew his age, he kept messaging me on PSN about joining. I asked him to tell me a bit about himself, which I meant playstyle and the sorts and he took it as a chance to let me know he is 13, 5'6" and Asian. Like I care about his height...

What I finally realized was that is if people knew how to work as a team, gather wins instead of worrying about K/D ratio and played with like-minded players, they wouldn't be trying to join high level clans, they'd be already apart of it.

Izjar11

What's really odd is all these people who want to join a high level clan and not put the work in, they sure make themselves seem ignorant in the application menu. I have yet to read an application that is at least 80% grammatically correct or contains correct spelling

Good response and it sounds familiar to my clan, this is comon. I get many terribly written applications. Some applications are demanding, "let me in your clan I have a KD of so and so" some applications "are please let me know, please, please" again pushy nice people are more annoying.

Or my favorite: "Hi I want to do Clan Operations I make a lot of help. 2.34 KDR I play Dom and I am good quickscoper". This is from today. He has more games on Domination than he has captures and a 22% win. Plus, I look at his account and he isn't even premium. I know it doesn't matter once BO2 comes out but why would I want someone like this on my team?

Yea, I find these self describing COD prodigies funny.

Some people have no clue what it is like to manage a clan, we have not reached lvl 50 but were close 43. The amount of applications are double then two weeks ago.

TRUEHAWAIIAN

my clan was lvl 8 from founder xp 2 the start with less than 20 members...only a hand full of us busted our arses to get where we are @ 50..we ended up with 80 members @ 1 point but inevitably had to clean house of all the clan hoppers and non op players..i notice after we hit lvl 37 we were spammed with people wanting to join..needless to say we let some in and had to kick same guys for non play..when we hit lvl 48 we kicked all non friend and non op players b4 we hit 50, to prevent them from getting the last emblem and the dblxp...

TRUEHAWAIIAN

all in all, i say hell to the no for letting these lazy bastards joining high level clans..they just want the free dbl xp and emblems. if you join a lvl 50 clan you get 1day 20hrs of dbl xp. hell no, not from me, go earn it jack off..

Any clan can recruit in any way they want, even high level ones. To each his own I suppose. I just know from experience that if you recruit just any Tom, Richard or Harry, your clan's comradery will take a hit because there is no guarantee that random players will even like each other or play in a style that helps out the players in a mutual goal whether it is winning, K/D raising, game modes, language and etc.

cookiedood

I have never accepted an application unless I've asked them to apply lol

I only played hc Dom so I recruited people in game

TexasVic74

I skimmed through most of this wall and I have a question. What is the rush, or deisire, to join a high level clan now that the word has been put out that clan levels will be reset to 1 once BOPS2 comes out?

Some are doing it because they want a clan to going into Black Ops 2 that they know will work hard towards leveling it while others are doing it for Emblems. Most of the players, in my opinion though, don't want to put in the work to get those Emblems because we are a "Give Me More" society.

If you go to the clan recruitment forum on MW3 or BO2, there are plenty of lower level clans recruiting but it just sends a message in of itself that they'd rather apply to high level clans than do the work for low level clans.

TRUEHAWAIIAN

which is why our clan isnt accepting anyone...only a hand full of us busted our butts to get here @ level 50. they were me, my clan leader, my wife, and my son..there were a couple more guys but my clan leader did 100% of the ops , and my wife , son and myself did 99% of the ops to get there..no newcomers..majority of our clan members dont even deserve the dbl xp and emblems..they're lucky they're the clan leaders friends, i would've gave them the boot

cookiedood

youre clan willbe lvl 1 but your mw3 clan will still be at the lvl you are as they're not doing anything to them, he'll you can still lvl them up after blops 2 release

cookiedood

luckily I have a good con of 21 that got us to lvl 50 and I won't be accepting new members

Just keeping the ones who earned it

I got a good team by recruiting players from matches I've played in rather than through the forums

That way you kinda get a feel  for how they play and if the work as a team and if they are respectful and a laff or not