2 days to ago, whos excited

timelordalex

what edition you getting?

what you gonna play first?

For me:

Hardened Edition, and well bit of campaign. mp and best till last zombies

• Re: 22 days to ago, whos excited

Edition - Hardened

What to play first? - Always the campaign. Doesn't matter what FPS it is, I always play the campaign first. Gives you familiarity with the maps and weapons and overall feel of the game.

I'm so excited that I spent an additional $10 to get my copy 2 weeks early, so I won't be playing the multiplayer until a few days before release to avoid any issues. So campaign + combat training for me.

-Sovereign-

will most likely be another cod4 clone so excuse me if im not up all night in anticipation. still might go for a midnight release though if friends are too. im slightly excited i guess

-Sovereign- wrote:

will most likely be another cod4 clone so excuse me if im not up all night in anticipation. still might go for a midnight release though if friends are too. im slightly excited i guess

Who is kidding who here?

You are super active on these forums, you are super active on the Black Ops 2 subsection of these forums, you are bringing in some incredibly well thought out insight in the threads that I've read that have your posts, and your clearly a CoD fan, but you want to play the whole "meh... I guess I'll get pumped up a little bit?"

Stop lying to yourself and everyone else - your just as pumped up as everyone else.

Oh, and guess what? It's not a crime to be excited for CoD

The way the community discusses CoD and fans of CoD is almost taboo, but the fact remains - 99% of the people who moan about CoD and it's fans, are CoD fans lol

-Sovereign-

TickTak wrote:

-Sovereign- wrote:

Who is kidding who here?

You are super active on these forums, you are super active on the Black Ops 2 subsection of these forums, you are bringing in some incredibly well thought out insight in the threads that I've read that have your posts, and your clearly a CoD fan, but you want to play the whole "meh... I guess I'll get pumped up a little bit?"

Stop lying to yourself and everyone else - your just as pumped up as everyone else.

Oh, and guess what? It's not a crime to be excited for CoD

The way the community discusses CoD and fans of CoD is almost taboo, but the fact remains - 99% of the people who moan about CoD and it's fans, are CoD fans lol

lol

ok ill admit im looking forward to this cod then, especially because of the new ranking system. im trying to not get too hyped up over it though because the maps dont look great imo but hopefully they play better than they are described

timelordalex

lucky why'd you get it early and yeah you'll be banned if you attempt to access online before the 13th, i so hope offline CT is back

I have a local hook-up here who gets all titles in about a week before release.

Why the 13th?

timelordalex

thats when its released, pre-release title play is forbidden, well xbox live it is, the halo 4 game was leaked and everyone who tried to play it were banned, i know stores etc will have the game disc now, but the devs will be working now with a day 1 patch id imagine

-Sovereign-

timelordalex wrote:

thats when its released, pre-release title play is forbidden, well xbox live it is, the halo 4 game was leaked and everyone who tried to play it were banned, i know stores etc will have the game disc now, but the devs will be working now with a day 1 patch id imagine

thats different. the only people who have halo 4 have pirated the game. you can play games early if you can find someone selling it (good luck). if its a legit copy you wont get banned. i knew people playing black ops 1 a week early because they found legit games early (and paid like 200 for it)

timelordalex wrote:

That whole thing about pre-release bans are a myth.

I've played BO and MW3 two weeks early with no issue.

Also, I'm currently playing Medal of Honor Warfighter which isn't out until tomorrow (been on it since last week Wednesday). So no, it's not strictly forbidden and punished.

MoHW also has a day 1 patch dropping tonight at midnight. Doesn't mean it's not playable. I'm just more concerned with big titles like NHL and CoD - those are ones that I would fear something happening to my account.

Not a myth take it from me. I and a couple of my buddies are BANNED for just playing in local mode just to learn the maps because online is inaccessible at this time.  All of our xboxs are banned. And our gamer tags so beware.

ShadyMinion

Edition- Hardened (care package order got cancelled for insufficient supply)

Whats first- Campaign all the way thru then to the zombies

I've never anticipated a COD this much ever..

Demonhunt115

Edition - Hardened

1st ) Zombies - TranZit & Nuketown Zombies

2nd ) Multiplayer - Check out Nuketown 2025, my exclusive camo and combat training.

3rd ) Campaign - Really want to play the Strike Force levels, they look really fun.

banned-again

22 days didnt think it was that close but to asnwer your question no im not excited

nicedrewishfela

Cautiously excited after the disappointment of MW3.

I have enjoyed following the build up to Black Ops 2, and I like all the changes they are making, whether I agree with them or not. We asked them for change... they are giving us change... and I think it will make the game refreshing.

I personally am getting the Hardened Edition for no other reason than that I always get the Hardened Edition. Just a tradition I guess, I like the Steelcases.

I originally thought I was going to be off on release day, but my schedule changed. Depending on when my game gets delivered, I will play a bit before work on Campaign. I know that the internet will be rife with Spoilers, and I want to play the story before anything gets revealed. I also like to know see all the ways the MP and Campaign go together and how the factions and characters factor in.

Once that is done, will settle into some Combat Training for a bit to learn the maps/weapons and maybe take advantage of Boot Camp to get to level ten and start figuring out my CaC setups.

Somewhere down the line... maybe... February? I may try Zombies.

Like Drew i am also cautiously excited after that awful mw3 game, and after seeing the mw3 look alike maps im kinda nervous but still hoping for the best
    And i have preordered the hardened edition and i'll definitely start out online domination with some buddies about an hour after release. Probably all through the school day because we always take the day off from school on release day.
    Campaign can wait as i usually just play it to kill time.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I am so excited for BO2, I am downloading MOH WF to pass the time. I will play that until 11.13.12.

I pre ordered a BO2 Hardened Edition online and I also plan to camp outside BestBuy to get it on mid night. That's 2 copies for me and I might give the extra one to my bro-in-law.

ChestSplittah

Hardened Edition

Skepticism is in abundance. Due to Black Ops and MW3. Lack of any details on tube most minute achievements towards bettering matchmaking and connectivity issues. Also, they've appeared to leave in the lag multipliers (double mint twins).

I think it works in a cycle.

1 - Around September, October, mostly all of us are super excited for it.

2 - Right before release, the excitement reaches fever pitch.

3 - The game comes out, and it's this euphoric moment! Everyone is super happy!

4 - There is the honeymoon phase where everything great about the game is all we think and talk about, and a lot of the things that the game doesn't do so well kind of gets overlooked and ignored and passed on as "something they will patch/fix" etc

5 - That honeymoon period lasts anywhere from 3 weeks to 2 months, depending on who you are and how big of a CoD fan you are. And then it changes, and you become critical; start focusing on the things that the game didn't do well - things that you've chosen to ignore or overlook up until now.

6 - Around March time, you are pretty fed up with it - you still have (a lot) of fun playing it, but now it's all about what the game got wrong. At this point, the community is pretty ruthless in it's criticism

7 - That ruthless criticism turns into one of two things: a) downright anger at the developer/game/etc, and/or b) flatout apathy for anything related to the game moving forward.

8 - News of the next CoD comes out, and either because you are frustrated or you don't care, you tend to not put too much stock into it

9 - The hype matchine builds up over the spring, heading into the summer, and you gradually become more and more excited about the newest CoD. Once you hear about the new features, you are set in your belief that this game will be the one that improves the series.

10 - Around September, October, mostly all of us are super excited for it.

ChestSplittah

The only reason I was excited for Black Ops was because the hacking on MW2 was atrocious at the last quarter. The game never really became anything for me. The horrendous matchmaking, hit detection/registration, SSners, theater lag, FAMAS, ghost, etc. It had potential to me, but the lack of consistantly good quality sessions was horrible. It became boring. It just seemed like a lay over of a game until their next project.

MW3 was told to us to have the SAME matchmaking as MW2, style of gameplay as CoD4. It didn't on either deceptive comment. It is a decent concept, just once again.. the matchmaking and connectivity issues arose to kill it. For me. I personally think it was a game to try out things on for Black OpsII. A test bed..

vims1990

I'm holding in my excitement until I pick up the game.

TheAcidpiss

ITS BLACK OPS 2!!!! not cod4 MW2 or MW3 but BLACK OPS2!!!!!!

Midnight release, Pre order original ( to late for Hardened)

Multiplayer straight up for around 3 hours, Sleep 8-9 hours to allow for information to sink in. Then play an average of 5 or more hours everyday of the week for 4 or 5weeks.

(all depending on how intense and fun the MP in this title will be)  i might throw in abit of Zombies or campaign during the 5weeks. leave a day for the campaign, ( normaly only takes a few hours)

Then it will be MP 95% of the time with the other 5% for zombies when i want a change.

All this talk about playing Combat training or campaign to get a better feel for the game before they play Multiplayer is a bad excuse and a waste of time. I know in 3 hours of MP on its release date will get me more familiar and in tune with it then Combat training and campaign could in a week combined.....

I think most people think it will effect their stats to greatly if they didnt * train up before playing MP* Hell its at the beggining when you get the biggest boost to your XP and stats because of all the other fools that have been playing campaign or CT for the first few days, plus all the new blood to the series and the Battlefield fanboys who buy it to try something different after a year of playing their title come on for a week or two and realise its still cod and they either suck at it or dont like it then go back to their own game.

The first few days of MP are the most unique and most memorable, its full of noobs, and everyone in itself IS kinda a noob, everything is new and unfamiliar and just chaotic and crazy rushing to find the best weapon and perk playstyle, dying from weapons you yourself havent even touched yet and being completely envious and wanting to kill that player regardless of how many times you die just to try his own weapon against him!!!

I recommend playing the MP right away, because your going to be just as new to it as everyone else and the longer you wait the bigger the disadvantage you will have, regardless of CT or campaign. And the way it plays on the first days, is the only time it plays that way, completely unfamiliar to everyone and that is what makes it such a unique experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again, to much coffee.

dtuchpunk

Pre-orderd normal edition. And will play campaign or multipplayer. Which one first depends on mood.

whiteknight1902

Standard

Multiplayer first, sure its changed a little but its still COD than after a few days I might dip into the campaign.

Zombies won't be touched for a while as I am not a great fan of it although its infinitely better than than spec ops garbage on mod 3

gallp13

Excited? Let me see...I am excited as

a dog with two dicks

a man whos been kissed on the **** by the mermaid twins

A three legged man at an arse kicking competition

yep reckon I'm there...

Delta9

I'm pretty excited too. I can't wait to get my Harden Edition through the mail from Gamestop.com and some juicy XP weekend so yeah! l'll be waiting for Nov 13th to see what happens

I think this will be the first COD in a while that I am eager to play.  I wouldn't say I am that excited because the last few games haven't been very inovative, so my expectations are a bit low for this game. This game has finally implemented a lot of ideas I had for the game, such as all the features that make it more esports friendly.  So for that I am excited.