8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 26, 2012 4:03 AM by ATVIAssist RSS

CoD4 Problem

Ok, I know this is supposed to be for MW3 but I can't find any CoD4 forum.  Plus this is more active.  So whenever I try to play online the game will just go to the XMB instead.  I've tried deleting the game data but it still happens.  Are there any other methods to help me with my problem?

• Re: CoD4 Problem
    Work_Hard_Play_Hard

I only recently played cod4, I could not get online and I can't remember how I solved it, I went onto google entered the problem and there were loads of solutions online.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

ChestSplittah

CharlieOscarDelta no longer exists and hasn't for a loong time. I imagine the servers are way too screwed up to even bother with them fixing.

if any thing tweet @candyslexia, @teanah, @infinityward.

ATVIAssist

Hey there,

Have you tried playing on a friend's console?

When does the game redirect you to the XMB exactly?

This might be an issue with your connection settings. How are you connecting online with your console, via a wired or wireless connection?

Thank you,

^LM

maccabi

hideousstrength wrote:

Ok, I know this is supposed to be for MW3 but I can't find any CoD4 forum.  Plus this is more active.  So whenever I try to play online the game will just go to the XMB instead.  I've tried deleting the game data but it still happens.  Are there any other methods to help me with my problem?

Theres a few possible main causes most reasons for your problem revolve around your router.

one of these is likely going to fix your problem...

First if you have a pc running on your network that has torrents running turn them off ..that will kill a cod connection as theres a conflict with ports for cod4

although usually i dont ever advise people doing this ..lob the ps3 into the dmz

final should work solution.. load the game up just as you hit connect to the online game turn off your router, and leave it powered off for 30 secs min.Then power it back up wait till all the lights are green or whatever your router shows for everything working , power up the ps3 and you should be able to play.

.If these dont... in the xmb turn off the internet connection and see if you can play sp/offline ok if you can..

power off the ps3..Then turn on ps3 ..login then either pull out the ethernet cable (or disable wifi depending how you connect) load the game once its loaded plug in the ethernet cable/turn on wifi and unless there is another issue on your network you should def be able to fire up mp now.

Thesandman

I put in my COD4 MW disc yesterday and it gives me a yes or no choice and when i select.it doesnt register either.

ATVIAssist

Thesandman When you launch COD4 remove or turn off the internet connection the console uses. Once you get to the MP menu, re-establish the connection and you will be able to play without getting this message.

hideousstrength & anyone else, the answer maccabi gave is correct. If there are any torrents running in the background this causes the problem. Simple close any torrents that are running or in the background while playing this game. They can be resumed once the game is no longer in use.

^MS

I Know Why ! This Happened To Me You Need To Turn UTORRENT OR ANY Torrents Software Down on Your Computer and Then Try Again

I Know Why ! This Happened To Me You Need To Turn UTORRENT OR ANY Torrents Software Down on Your Computer and Then Try Again