26 Replies Latest reply: Oct 28, 2012 8:33 PM by Izjar11 RSS

Final Victory:

Izjar11

COD,

I wanted to get some more discussions going on how you feel about Treyarchs attempts at disenfranchising the "BAD DEFENSIVE" gamestyle.

They have implemented two obvious things:

1- Pointstreak system

2- Ghost perk low movement indicator (thing)

I think they are really trying to do something about it, but why? Do we all need runners? Can't people simply play the game as they wish?

Note: I favor no style, but I do always say this "I have no issues with people sitting still".

Thanks for replying,

ego'

• Re: Final Victory:

I'm somewhat torn on the issue, to be honest.

While I want people to enjoy the game, there are always those times when a game that is otherwise moving along well gets changed up when the majority of a team sets up a defensive zone in one portion of the map (usually their own spawn) as a means of staving off a loss.

While I appreciate strategy as much as the next guy, sometimes this just bugs me a little bit, you know? 

As far as tactics go with shooters, there are considerably less of them to be employed in CoD (in my opinion) compared to something like Battlefield 3 - and I think that's on purpose.  The obvious theme of this series is to be a fast-paced/run-and-gun experience.  That's not to say people are wrong for trying to play slower, but the theme of the series as it stands doesn't lend itself to making that an easy thing to do.

So, that said, I think them changing a few things to give a push to the otherwise "stationary" playertypes is enough to give the die-hard "anti-campers" something to gnaw on.

There will always be campers.  Always.  They won't go away, because lets face it:  People want the rewards for doing very little of the work (just my personal view of camping) and the changes that have been implemented to impact that playstyle mean that if you're going to camp, you have to be committed to your playstyle and have to think about how you'll implemen it.

For things players like snipers, I don't know that this will have too much of an impact, primarily because a good sniper moves around anyway.  Were it not for the fact that MW3 had incredibly small maps, I probably would have sniped more and as such, would have had at least three locations to alternate between after every 1 or 2 kills.

Therefore, overall, I don't think this hinders the camper playstyle so much as it requires it to have more thought.  And personally, in a game that is designed to be fast-moving, I appreciate that.

Izjar11

So, that said, I think them changing a few things to give a push to the otherwise "stationary" playertypes is enough to give the die-hard "anti-campers" something to gnaw on.

Yes, this is where I think treyarch are trying to get at.

Therefore, overall, I don't think this hinders the camper playstyle so much as it requires it to have more thought.  And personally, in a game that is designed to be fast-moving, I appreciate that

Good response, so with these new systems a defensive player will only get better or whiter away!

Well see, thanks for your post.

zvers

The thing is, nerfing ghost will not hurt campers. Have a claymore watch your back and spam UAV's. Sit back let them RUN right into your crosshairs. Strategy should be flexible, regardless of what they tweak. I used primarily hardline in BO's and I still kicked butt. I'm not worried at all. Just wait. The kiddies will start crying about something else or they will find something that is too "campy". Our society is spoiled and is full of whiners with no balls and no brains. It's pathetic. Idiocracy is coming true.

Izjar11

The thing is, nerfing ghost will not hurt campers. Have a claymore watch your back and spam UAV's. Sit back let them RUN right into your crosshairs. Strategy should be flexible, regardless of what they tweak. I used primarily hardline in BO's and I still kicked butt. I'm not worried at all. Just wait. The kiddies will start crying about something else or they will find something that is too "campy". Our society is spoiled and is full of whiners with no balls and no brains. It's pathetic. Idiocracy is coming true

I'm not sure what to address in your response zvers, I take it that you do not think that treyarchs efforts in "disenfranchising" the idea will work? Sounds like it to me.

Hmmm I didn't mean to start this thread to insult anyone, please refrain from doing so. No point in generalizing society. Thanks for posting though.

i completely agree

thebigb82

Interesitng thread it has to be said, they are making it a rushing game, its also seems they want people to quickscope too

I dislike it when people sit in a corner. Example, I was playing a game of Domination on Silo. I was walking, not running around, as I round the corner there's a guy I couldn't see at the top of the small building he then killed me with a suppresed Galil while using Ghost Pro. I had absolutely no way of knowing he was there. Also, even if I did know he was there he would've had the instant advantage by being prone to where you could only see his gun and some of his head.

Izjar11

I had absolutely no way of knowing he was there.

I do not disagree with what you are saying, but stealth game play is a normal part of this game. We all use stealth to our advantage. Your post is good but nothing much added to this subject. Thanks for replying though.

ghamorra

Kingfury4 wrote:

I had absolutely no way of knowing he was there

That's the purpose of stealth. It's like saying you're against snipers or shotguns because of their power. I had no way of killing him because he OHK me. There exists a purpose for everything in the game, learn those purposes and use them to your advantage

zvers

Or maybe toss a flashbang? We play the SAME levels a bazillion times and people go to the SAME places all the time. How could the OP not think, "hey, in the past I've seen people go here so I will toss a nade". It's getting really tiring reading the same crap like this.

OP, maybe you were just out smarted. Or your play was flawed and the "camper" used that to there advantage. Eitehr way, you simply can't think on your feet quick enough. Simple as that.

I've rarely ever seen a camper there. I know well enough to throw my concussions in high traffic areas. Such as the control room on Summit. Also, I hardly have lethargic reflexes. I jumped and went into prone and aim assist just followed me with no problem.

josh1073

Yeah point streak i agree with, i have played many games of domination were for over 10 min a guy with an assault rifle just camped in one spot to get a moab. Anything that stops people from coming into dom just to play tdm i am all for so pointstreak will stop this.

The change with ghost i feel it will hurt objective players so much dom,hq these people are gona be punished.

These changes are fine and dandy for people who play tdm is good but beyond that its punishing objective players.

For all of the last year, all I have ever heard on these COD boards is "they need to stop rewarding bad players" over and over and over and over and over and over...etc. etc. etc. The made BE/Assassin/SitRep Pro so powerful in MW3 that it allowed for bad players who played objective modes as if it was TDM and get rewards for it.

For once, they are punishing the bad players. Hear me out.

1. If you are sniping and all you do is aim down the scope in one direction without checking behind or to the side of you, you will show up on the UAV. Some movement to check around you is a good thing and will stop you from show up on UAV, thereby making you a better player. If I am able to walk up onto you, place a claymore at your feet and walk away, you are a bad player.
    2. Congrats on Domination capturing 2 flags and holding the other team at one. So now your player is camping one flag, making sure the other team does not get it. What are you doing? Are you moving around to protect it from all sides or are you aiming at one path down your scope? Good players move around to protect the flag and players with little skill aim down the path the whole time and those with little skill will show up on UAV and get nailed for it.
    3. If your team is winning, doing good and doing what you are suppose to, the other team will not be getting UAVs in the first place because you are killing them over and over. Remember, there are no support killstreaks and point streaks don't continue after death. And with the lower score on kills, if the other team is just sitting back racking up kills, you are messing up and need to fix your strategy.
    4. You can shoot those UAVs down to at points to your own point streak. Care to call in your own UAV?
    sennalike

I dont know that the change will have too much impact to be honest.  Each of us experiences something different, and I really haven't seen that many die-hard sit in one spot campers in MW3.  I saw more in BO and maybe that is why Treyarch are making the change.  I guess a lot will depend on the size and layout of the maps.  With larger maps people will still be abe to keep moving whilst being considered as "camping".  With smaller maps then people tend not to bother with stealth perks anyway, afterall where is the point when you can be seen much easier whether a UAV is up or not!

I dont want to go off topic but something has been bugging me, albeit we need to see how it works out in reality.  But going by the info I have seen on weapons; the sniper rifles have massive power, and very little recoil, yet the SMGs have good power but are severely restricted to close range only.  One Assault rifle looks reasonable, the Scar.  So basically the world and his wife will be running around quickscoping like crazy.  If that happens I will very soon give up on the game.  With BOs they tried to eliminate quick scoping then relented to kiddie pressure.  This time they seem to have gone the other way, and I think, if my fears are right, then they are going to lose a lot of players very quickly.

Izjar11

Thanks senna for posting something clear and purposeful!

I saw more in BO and maybe that is why Treyarch are making the change

Interesting observation, I agree with the above quote.

I guess a lot will depend on the size and layout of the maps.  With larger maps people will still be abe to keep moving whilst being considered as "camping".  With smaller maps then people tend not to bother with stealth perks anyway, afterall where is the point when you can be seen much easier whether a UAV is up or not!

Yes, good points here and I do not believe that BOii maps have been spoken about. Good one.

So basically the world and his wife will be running around quickscoping like crazy.  If that happens I will very soon give up on the game.  With BOs they tried to eliminate quick scoping then relented to kiddie pressure.  This time they seem to have gone the other way, and I think, if my fears are right, then they are going to lose a lot of players very quickly.

Good concern, though QS has never been a deal breaker with me it will affect others who do. Like you said, we need to see how it works out.

Thanks senna for the post, constructive and useful not some simple "let me bash" post and run response.

SubZeroPS3

At least they are pushing themselves to actually revamp the series. With improvements or not, haters will still lurk in the dark.

Izjar11

SubZeroPS3 wrote:

At least they are pushing themselves to actually revamp the series. With improvements or not, haters will still lurk in the dark.

Yes and the same could have been said about MW3. All we have to do is wait, I do find the score system to be very balanced. We shall see.

ChestSplittah

The whole swashbuckling nonsense over the change is silly. One complains that it effects their play style far too much. The other complain their play style is effected too much by the one complaining over the change.

Here is the simple answer to the whole topic. Neither play style is better than the other because... They both cancel each other out. The only "superior" play style is the one unaffected by either.

Izjar11

Neither play style is better than the other because... They both cancel each other out. The only "superior" play style is the one unaffected by either.

Nice one dude. Thanks for posting.

ChestSplittah

Thank you. I was about to pass out from working so mucbh with that one.

Stayed tuned.

«esmorgue»

As mentioned above, a "good" camper moves often and resets and holds position - considered camping?. I like to run n gun myself and after a kill or two from the snipe I find em and stick a semtax to em. I think camping is a vital part of the game and the new changes will only improve the skills of the ones who choose to play that style once they figure that they must move from time to time. I like it!

Izjar11

Good post,

think camping is a vital part of the game and the new changes will only improve the skills of the ones who choose to play that style once they figure that they must move from time to time. I like it!

I agree "defensive" playing is crucial to COD.