14 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2012 1:45 PM by JBurn244 RSS

Update on my case with the BBB regarding Activision.

kemicalsupreme

As promised I would update everyone on my compaint with the BBB about Activision.  Apparantly Activision has tried to reach out to me unsucessfully due to my compliant with the BBB.  I did update my information and gave them the best window of opportunity of times to contact me.  

I hope that this does not fall on deaf ears when people tell you that nothing can be accomplished when contact the BBB. 

Better Business Bureau

Start With Trust

Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino Counties of Southern California

Find information you're looking for.

Complaint Details

Activision Publishing, Inc
3100 Ocean Park Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90405
Phone: (310) 255-2000

D

otmail.com

Below is the company's response to your complaint.

What a company does to resolve complaints is part of the information we report to the public on individual companies. To be certain that our report on this company is accurate, we need your confirmation that this complaint has been settled. Would you take a minute to tell us about your satisfaction or dissatisfaction with the response? The yellow shaded area indicates the complaint's current processing status and will allow you to enter your response in the text box.

If we do not hear from you within the next seven days, we will assume you have accepted the company's offer or explanation and are satisfied with it. However, please feel free to contact us again if the company has made an offer to settle your complaint and fails to perform accordingly.

Thank you for using the Better Business Bureau.

Complaint ID: 98726883

Complaint Classification:  

Complaint Description - Posted 10/12/2012 11:28:18 AM

Bought COD MW3 and COD Elite and thought I bought a finished product. The game is broken. Elite never works properly and I am missing Clan XP. Yesterday while playing the Flesh Wound Accolade challenge, we had an indicated check mark that showed my clan enrolled in the challenge. I woke up this morning and noticed clan was un-enlisted in this specific challenge. Then I also noticed that I am missing 750xp for the 10000 kill challenge named Rampage. Call of Duty Elite seems to never work properly. Also error-ing out. I bought this product thinking it was a finished product. This product is still in development and they have the steel lead to sell this to consumers. Shame on you Activision. Call of Duty MW3 is filled with dash boarders, I am constantly dumped into games that are on a losing end. The game is very laggy. Teams are very unfair when playing by myself. I take a loss when the other team dash boards. The gameplay is broken compared to other games in the past. I have had it up to here with their customer no service. Furthermore, the game is always released early to individuals who bought the game before release date. Activision does not reset leader boards to create an even playing field even when 402 has stated they will in the past. This is unfair and I would like an early copy of the game if others can get it before street release.

Complaint Summary

Bought COD MW3 and COD Elite and thought I bought a finished product. The game is broken. Elite never works properly and I am missing Clan XP.

Resolution Sought

I would like a refund for both COD elite and COD MW3. If this is not an ideal situation, I would like a free membership to Black Ops 2 Elite 2.0 and the COD Black Ops two game. If either of these choices are not just, then please award my clan the missing xp from clan challenge from Rampage that ended 10/10/12 or 10/11/2012 depending on time zone for 750xp and 300xp for flesh wound accolade challenge. Both challenges disappeared at some point over night on 10/10/12-10/11/12.

Additional Information

Date Problem First Occurred:

11/8/2011
Product or Service:   Sells unfinished video games and subscription services.
Model Name or Number:   Call of Duty MW3 and Call of Duty Elite
Date Purchased:
Order Number:
Amount In Dispute:   $113.35

Company's Response

Company's Initial Response - Posted 10/26/2012
We tried calling him regarding the issues he has experienced but we were unable to reach him. We would like to be able work with him on the issues that he has experienced and provide some resolution to his experience. We have updated his case number 02135731 requesting that he update the case with the best time to contact him at the phone number that he has provided in this complaint.
Initial Response Summary
We will be working with client to work on a resolution to the issues that he has experienced.
  • Re: Update on my case with the BBB regarding Activision.
    kemicalsupreme

You will have to highlight the text above.

Lmao, you seriously wrote to them about other players dashboarding! That has nothing to do with Activision or their game it's a function of the console..

kemicalsupreme

Really?  Apparently Activision is taking my complaint seriously as they have contacted me to come to a solution.  Perhaps you guys should stop listening to a liar that says the BBB will not doing anything for you and watch and learn kidos!  In the end, you buy their product.  Customer service in this economy is number 1.  They are already starting to feel the pressure that Halo 4 is giving them.  They will lose some market share because of Halo 4.  Believe that!

trialstardragon

I know funny right? there is nothing that they can ever do to stop dashbording since it is a console feature that they have no control over nor ever will. Plus people could just turn off the console or unplug it and that can not be stopped by no means ever.

Plus no form of punishment would ever make players stop doing it. Halo Reach tried with the quit ban and that was a joke. The ban was just ignored by players that left matches since it means nothing. Even increasing the ban to longer periods of time would not ever stop those that leave a match from doing so. Nor would they ever ban the player outright from playing the game ever again for doing so.

Realistically there is no punishment that will stop dashboarding/signing out/turning off console ever. Nor is there any punishment that will reduce the number who do it. So to complain about that is just stupid.

Plus the fact of crying about being put in matches where one team is loosing is just stupid. For the OP to think the game has to put them in only winning matches, or even matches is just down right dumb.To think it only has to put them in lobbies is stupid because of the fact there are open spaces in games where playes left by either dashboarding or leaving the correct way.

Cod has never nor ever will be able to prevent players form leaving a match in progress ever.

And to say the game is broken when it is not is stupid. The game is flawed there is a diffrence between the two; that those who try to constantly claim it is broken never seem to learn or understand and never will beacuse their understanding is flawed to begin with and they will never change becuase they do not ever want to be wrong about what they feel or think or believe.

To expect Elite to be 100% perfect on the first year in actual use in a new game is just stupid. That will never happen with any new service.

Take BL2 for example the new shift code service is still being tested in the game. No new service ever comes out of the box working 100% perfectly in todays world anymore. To expect it to do so is just dumb.

Ahem. Taken from the BBB's site:

http://www.la.bbb.org/business-reviews/Computer-Software-Services/Activision-Pub lishing-Inc-in-Santa-Monica-CA-13075134

They do mention complaints filed against Activision, and despite that, they continue to have an A+ rating.

Seriously, go outside and enjoy the cooler weather, your brain needs it.

vims1990

I am constantly dumped into games that are on a losing end. Teams are very unfair when playing by myself. I take a loss when the other team dash boards.

Just curious, is MW3 your first COD title?

Dashboarding, getting a loss when someone dashboards and being matchmaked into losing games in progress happens in all COD titles.

You might as well write up a complaint for BO2 if that is the case.

I agree that Elite is a terrible service & connectivity is inconsistant but dashboarding and being placed in a losing match in progress is a ridiculous complaint to be sent to the BBB.

kemicalsupreme

No I have been around since COD2 on the PC where wall hacks and aimbots made the game miserable and nothing has yet to be done about the dash boarding.  That means almost 10 years of people not being penalized.  FIGURE IT OUT FFS!  It is a huge problem!  So yeah, i would like a solution made. 

Now we will not have clan operations and challenges until November 30th?  Really................  I paid for a year memembership of clan activities and they are cutting my membership off early by two weeks by not providing my clan promised clan operations.  Its a complete joke!  I am very upset about this now!  I feel very conned!

maccabi

you realise all you are going to get is someone from activision customer service phone you to explain why at least half your complaint is ridiculous and then will politely go through some basic networking settings.

but im sure as a resolution they will def give your elite 2.0 for free.

vims1990

you realise all you are going to get is someone from activision customer service phone you to explain why at least half your complaint is ridiculous and then will politely go through some basic networking settings.

Haha, I was about to say the same thing.

JBurn244

maccabi wrote:

but im sure as a resolution they will def give your elite 2.0 for free.

No one else saw the hiliarity in this tidbit from ole Maccabi? Pretty much sums up this thread, and the whack BBB claim. I started laughing when I read the first instance of "unfair" in the claim. I'm sure the BBB and Activision did, too.

Stop wasting people's time and read disclaimers such as this one found at the bottom of Elite's website:

ALL FEATURES AND AVAILABILITY ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

or this one is a dandy:

Activision makes no guarantees regarding the availability of Call of Duty Elite and may modify or discontinue the service in its discretion without notice.