1 559 560 561 562 563 Previous Next 6,020 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2013 12:07 AM by kastro187420 Go to original post RSS
  • 5,600. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    candyslexia

ondsnap wrote:

I just read an article on N4G.com that said that Bill Murray, the voice of Captain Price, is meeting with the team members at IW for next years  MW4.....Does this mean that IW is done with MW3's net code issues?  Are you going to use MW2's netcoding?  Or MW3's?  I can honestly say that MW4 will be a rental before purchase for me.....And please, for the love of god do NOT let Sledgehammer games make your maps again!!!  On MW1 and MW2, you could use any weapon on any map.  On MW3, the maps are so small and cluttered, you are forced to use an SMG with rapid fire....just sayin.

We debunked the rumor: https://twitter.com/InfinityWard/status/263362021884559361 full tweet says:

"Interesting news today, but it’s not true. We’ve not talked with any voice actors, so all news is speculation."

Should've posted it for you guys yesterday =) Apologies!

• 5,601. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

candyslexia wrote:

ondsnap wrote:

I just read an article on N4G.com that said that Bill Murray, the voice of Captain Price, is meeting with the team members at IW for next years  MW4.....Does this mean that IW is done with MW3's net code issues?  Are you going to use MW2's netcoding?  Or MW3's?  I can honestly say that MW4 will be a rental before purchase for me.....And please, for the love of god do NOT let Sledgehammer games make your maps again!!!  On MW1 and MW2, you could use any weapon on any map.  On MW3, the maps are so small and cluttered, you are forced to use an SMG with rapid fire....just sayin.

We debunked the rumor: https://twitter.com/InfinityWard/status/263362021884559361 full tweet says:

"Interesting news today, but it’s not true. We’ve not talked with any voice actors, so all news is speculation."

Should've posted it for you guys yesterday =) Apologies!

Even if you haven't spoken to voice actors. Its obvious work on the next CoD has begun. Robert Bowling said that work on MW3 started shortly after MW2 was released. David Vonderhaar and Mark Lamia said BO2 work began almost immediately after BO. And the leaked lawsuit information said MW2 work began almost immediately after COD4:MW. So, I guess it depends on what you define as work. So, Im assuming you guys are brainstorming, looking at BO2 to see what you want to keep or lose. Also, probably looking at scraped ideas or ideas that couldn't be implemented in time for MW3. Please throw away or destroy the net code from MW3 is my only advice.

• 5,602. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

Candy, my wife works in the public relations field.  I know how marketing people spin things first hand.  When IW says they haven't talked with any voice actors yet, that is probably true.  With that said, they could be talking with them later this week and that in itself is not a lie. But some good news for me, my Tritton AX720's were replaced by MadCatz and I received them in the mail today.  So watch out everyone playing SND tonight...I'll have siterep pro on and can pinpoint where you are so easily....hahahahahahahaha....Trick or Treat *BOOM*!!!  LOL

• 5,603. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    ChestSplittah

Ss78_ wrote:

ChestSplittah wrote:

http://telly.com/Y77G2

Tadaaaa!!! Memoooooriieessss. Sooo... Eh hem!!!

Is that another hacked ps3 lobby?

Yes. In GW. I backed out of the lobby, waited for a little whilst shaking my head in the most insanely wet facepalm known to human kind (2-3 mins). Went to another lobby. Same crap again. Didn't recognize any of the names from previous lobby. Someone can check Elite to see if there are any similar names.

«esmorgue»

• 5,604. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

@Foxhound-Pro it is ping but its udeless, i have 37mbps d/l 6mbps u/l my friend has 2mbps d/l and 800kbps u/l and we both 4 bar in games it is a pointless measurement and does not reflect true connection ping response as your game cannot measure network latency or regonise country borders!

But having said that and this is a shocker you are light years ahead of BF3 and CS:GO now there is a couple of poorly executed network, matchmaking codes!

• 5,605. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    ChestSplittah

It's not Commandante's fault. He's our scout troop leader.

Leave the poor computer alone everyone, he doesn't make the games. He is a Moderator for the games forums.

• 5,606. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion

Foxhound-Pro wrote:

3barconspiracy wrote:

btw what even 1-4 bar means? it s not ping right? is it quality of connection?
    because i am getting tired of seing 3bar ppls with gamercards "nuke count 211" etc. i am 4 bar whole year O_o

It's ping.

Not in MW3. It represented latency in MW2 and the host always had 4 bars, obviously. I think 4 bars meant 0-100ms, 3 bars meant 100-200ms, etc in MW2.

In MW3 the host can have a 3 bar connection so it doesn't just represent latency. I don't know what they've done to the latency indicators, but they don't work like they should. They also hid the bars at the start of the match, probably because they knew no one would want to host because of the severe disadvantage.

Ghandi, are you going to put those reverted TDM lag comp tweaks back in the game at some point?

• 5,607. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    Foxhound-Pro

dean66s wrote:

@Foxhound-Pro it is ping but its udeless, i have 37mbps d/l 6mbps u/l my friend has 2mbps d/l and 800kbps u/l and we both 4 bar in games it is a pointless measurement and does not reflect true connection ping response as your game cannot measure network latency or regonise country borders!

But having said that and this is a shocker you are light years ahead of BF3 and CS:GO now there is a couple of poorly executed network, matchmaking codes!

Right. The amount of bandwidth you have doesn't matter in regards to ping.

Ping is not a pointless measurement. If you have a high ping, you're going to have lag. While ping may not be represented on a 1:1 status, it does relay some vital information.

• 5,608. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    Foxhound-Pro

Disconnected_ wrote:

Foxhound-Pro wrote:

3barconspiracy wrote:

because i am getting tired of seing 3bar ppls with gamercards "nuke count 211" etc. i am 4 bar whole year O_o

It's ping.

Not in MW3. It represented latency in MW2 and the host always had 4 bars, obviously. I think 4 bars meant 0-100ms, 3 bars meant 100-200ms, etc in MW2.

In MW3 the host can have a 3 bar connection so it doesn't just represent latency. I don't know what they've done to the latency indicators, but they don't work like they should. They also hid the bars at the start of the match, probably because they knew no one would want to host because of the severe disadvantage.

Ghandi, are you going to put those reverted TDM lag comp tweaks back in the game at some point?

I'm pretty sure that it still relays only latency/ping. Though I'm not going to argue this as it'll simply lead to a huge argument.

• 5,609. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    maccabi

Foxhound-Pro wrote:

Disconnected_ wrote:

Foxhound-Pro wrote:

3barconspiracy wrote:

It's ping.

I'm pretty sure that it still relays only latency/ping. Though I'm not going to argue this as it'll simply lead to a huge argument.

I got to be honest im really not sure what those bars represent the bars in mw3 have always been imo screwy , a fact proven numerous times when no one in a lobby has 4 bars which historically in previous cods there would be one person ( the host ).

I vaguely remember Ghandi giving some reason for this due to host kigration or something but it still didnt account for the fact it happens at the start of a match.

end of the day imo the bars do not represent anything meaningful for a player to use to gauge the quality of their connection to a session.