13 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2012 1:27 PM by frats74 RSS

No games available in DLC on PC - Is it a geographic thing?

Hi All,

I can hardly ever find any games at all when attempting to play multiplayer with the new DLC. After 1hr of searching I occasionally get lucky and find a game with 125ms lag.

My NAT is open, and I have no issue finding games when I disable the DLC.

I live in Singapore, so I suspect there simply aren't enough people in my region which have bought the DLC..

If so, the game has a defect and IW should really not have sold me this game.

It's got to the point when I just have to seek help, or an official explanation.

I've bought all the DLCs to date in the hope the problem would ease, but it hasn't.

Any help would be appreciated. If I don't get an official explanation or way to solve this, can someone give me an address so I can write in and complain?

Thanks a lot

Alphy

• Re: No games available in DLC on PC - Is it a geographic thing?

Hi all,

Still awaiting some reply on this.

The fact that I can find games when DLC is disabled proves it's not an issue with my PC or connection, so why was I sold content that wouldn't work in my region?

Thanks

Still awaiting a response on this by email or in this thread. Why was I sold four DLCs which simply do not work in my region due to lack of players?

frats74

AlphyAsia wrote:

Hi All,

I can hardly ever find any games at all when attempting to play multiplayer with the new DLC. After 1hr of searching I occasionally get lucky and find a game with 125ms lag.

My NAT is open, and I have no issue finding games when I disable the DLC.

I live in Singapore, so I suspect there simply aren't enough people in my region which have bought the DLC..

If so, the game has a defect and IW should really not have sold me this game.

It's got to the point when I just have to seek help, or an official explanation.

I've bought all the DLCs to date in the hope the problem would ease, but it hasn't.

Any help would be appreciated. If I don't get an official explanation or way to solve this, can someone give me an address so I can write in and complain?

Thanks a lot

Alphy

What kind of PC do you have? What are your specs? What kind of connection do you have? Do you connect wired or wireless? Who is your ISP? What is your internet speed?Are you able to play multiplayer without the DLC's? What multiplayer game mode do you play? Can you play this game on another PC? Does it have the same issues?

Gee, I'm struggling to stay polite here...

My connection and PC are absolutely fine - I play many other online games.

Also, I can connect easily to non-laggy non-DLC multiplayer games, but not at all (or extremely rarely) to DLC games, so it's clearly a question of the DLC not having been bought by anyone in my region, something Activision should have thought about before selling me this (and the last 3) game upgrade(s).

With regards to the game mode, it has to be Team Deathmatch, even in non-DLC. I haven't played any other mode as there is never anyone queued up to play them!

Is the company's strategy really to ask their customers as many questions as they can until they finally give up!?

I've been promised someone will "look into it." Is it too much to expect a proper reply of some sort?

frats74

AlphyAsia wrote:

Gee, I'm struggling to stay polite here...

My connection and PC are absolutely fine - I play many other online games.

Also, I can connect easily to non-laggy non-DLC multiplayer games, but not at all (or extremely rarely) to DLC games, so it's clearly a question of the DLC not having been bought by anyone in my region, something Activision should have thought about before selling me this (and the last 3) game upgrade(s).

With regards to the game mode, it has to be Team Deathmatch, even in non-DLC. I haven't played any other mode as there is never anyone queued up to play them!

Is the company's strategy really to ask their customers as many questions as they can until they finally give up!?

I've been promised someone will "look into it." Is it too much to expect a proper reply of some sort?

I don't work for Activion.

You asked why you were sold the game and DLC's if they don't work in your region. A good answer would be: if you weren't allowed to purchase the game and DLC's, you would be accusing Activision of discrimination.

Furthermore, you partially answered your own inquiry. If you suspect that not enough people in your region bought the game or DLC's, then you can't blame the company for not having anyone to play with. People have a right to buy a product or not, either because of niche or preference.

I'm glad you can play other online games. That's good. But you still have not answered the question if you can play MW3 on another PC. Of course, I understand logging in on another PC is one thing, but since DLC's stay on the hard drive of your PC playing with it activated is another. Anyway, I am thinking that there's something in the DLC's that is not compatible/conflicting with your system or Program. In other words, it's a user specific issue.