15 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2012 5:16 AM by COD_WIDOW RSS

Does quickscoping take skill?

Personally, I am a quickscoper and to me, yes it takes skill.

Yes, it can be annoying to get killed by them but when you start out,you go like 10 and 25 or something like that.

Also, can it really be easier than hipfiring an smg or getting easy kills with the ACR etc

I don't see what is wrong with it and lots of people do it.

To answer my question, yes it takes skill.

What do you think?

• Re: Does quickscoping take skill?
    nicedrewishfela

Another Quickscope Thread...

no it dont take skill to qs in mw3 and most noobs use a sniper shot mod and it takes skillz to qs in black ops thats why 80% of the ppl dont qs on there

Noob_Lyncher

It does take some skill, but not much. I don't quickscope, but sometimes an akimbo fmg 9 noob turns the corner while i'm sniping, and I can quickscope him a 3rd of the time.

HandiCAPE

Does it take skill?  Yes

Is it still ridiculouslly annoying to lose to a guy with a sniper rifle when you're CQ and hold an SMG or Shotgun?  Definitely

I really think when you've got two rounds into a guy and he manages to kill you with a sniper before the last bullet hits, nothing makes someone rage harder.

(Side note:  I've started playing with snipers and see why people do it.  It's actually really fun to one shot kill people, and having fun is really what it's all about)

HandiCAPE

Does it take skill?  Yes

Is it still ridiculouslly annoying to lose to a guy with a sniper rifle when you're CQ and hold an SMG or Shotgun?  Definitely

I really think when you've got two rounds into a guy and he manages to kill you with a sniper before the last bullet hits, nothing makes someone rage harder.

(Side note:  I've started playing with snipers and see why people do it.  It's actually really fun to one shot kill people, and having fun is really what it's all about)

IMHO no the vast majority of times I have been killed by a " quick scooper " I have to watch the 4 or 5 shots he fires before he gets the kill.

Pants to that.

There are some fine players out there who use a sniper rifle the true way.

SAFF Stop,Aim,Follow and Fire.

I would say there is some skill involved is it harder than using a AR? YES ,Does it take practice/time to get good ? ,Yes Is it fun ? Yes , is it even funner annoying people in the lobby ? Oh yes ! Plus I feel even better winning a FFA game using my bolt action through the entire game and QS some noobs ! Lol

SitRepPro

If they annoy you just whip out the USAS or Striker and take 'em out.

i love joining games when there's a qs'er on the other team. they may get me the first time, maybe the second time, but once i figure out that theyre doing it, i always get them more than they get me with my AR in the end, doesnt matter the range. you just have to respond to what theyre doing (if they're camping with PR, put on assassin. if they're looking down only one lane, come from the other way, etc.)

Sethdoom

No, these guys practice for hours, it takes no skill whatsoever to do something that takes days to learn how to do. (Sarcasm, in case youre an idiot)

nflfenatic

No, when I run out of ammo and have to pick up sniper rifle no problem to qs a few more kills before dyeing and that is my only parctice. I have no sniper class set up becaus I don't play to make others mad only for my own entertainment. It is not hard to put someone in the center of your screen and aim and shoot. I usually hipfire most of my kills any ways for the first shot or two at any range.

Sethdoom

Watch out we've got a badass over here... He can pick up a sniper and use it... I'm saying you need practice to do extraordinarily well with the sniper rifle. I agree that it is easy to quickscope, try getting a gameplay experienced snipers get on a daily basis.

Really? You do know that those nerds play all day in a full party against scrubs to get one good video right?

None of the guns in CoD take skill. They are made so that anyone can play and do well. Some are just have no recoil compared to others (ACR, MP7)

obzi

In my opinion it's more about timing than skill and I personally don't want it in my game, I always leave a lobby at the earliest opportunity if a QS is on the other team or even my own.

If you QS and you constantly see people dropping out of your lobby some of them are because of you.

Quickscoping takes as much skill as getting a kill with any other gun. The only difference is with other guns you don't usually get a 1 hit kill.

In objective games Qscopers ruin it for everyone on their team, but I really enjoy playing against them in 1v1s or Face Offs because they are very easy wins and I'm just an average skilled player so go figure.